Off Topic Chit Chat

RandyDSok

Tonight's Moon shot isn't so much different than many of my other shots... I'm just playing with a new cheapy manual focus lens I got... a Opteka 500mm f6.3 mirror .... I'm also using a new process, stacking, to help with atmospheric distortion issues. I typically try to wait for the shadows to show up over an area of craters... it make it appear even sharper than what we've got tonight. At least the upper right has a highlight across it that really accentuates the roundness.

Stacking is a process of taking multiple pictures ( I just took 24 this time ) and aligning them then using software to pick out the good pixels and discard the bad ones. This helps eliminate distortions as well as any noise in the shots. Well, that's actually an over simplified answer... but it should give an idea of what the advantages it can bring.

Tony

Staff member
Thinking about doing a live stream tonight to catch everyone up on what has been going on. Not locked in yet but I'm thinking about it lol

Tony

Staff member
Make sure you have notifications enabled on the youtube channel lol. I'm pretty sure I'm going to if I can get this permission error resolved on my other website. This thing has been giving me a hard time for over a week! Getting tired of it lol.

leedude1

Ok Tony , you are now obliged to be impressed. Not only did I find it. I subscribed to the channel , loxated the settings and arranged for all notifications.

Shit, I need a cigarette.:joyous:

Tony

Staff member
Live stream set for a little over 20 minutes from now. We will go as long as we can. With my back, that could be 30 minutes or 3 hours. Let's find out!

Tony

Staff member
Well I went out and tilled up my grandma's raised area around her storm cellar. Even though I was using a rear tine tiller with a transmission, that was still not the best idea. I think the weedeating and raking (broke the friggin handle on the rake again so it was only about 2' tall) is what did my back in though. That bending over or on your knees raking is for the birds... Hell if the birds did their job, there would not have been that much grass there to begin with.

But the Oregano is still there and I expect it to come back this year and my Chocolate Mint is still there and it will definitely come back this year. And this year should be better seeing as I raked all of the dead stuff away from the last 3 years. I will make another post about that in the off topic section to explain the mint... lol.

Boy am I hurtin'! I think it's time to find a diet that I like and stick with it. Damn my wife and her new ice cream maker... lmao.

liquid1

Yep hope you get some rest on the ole back, my wife’s from Texas I blame her for me gaining 30 lbs over the last 13 years lol dang she’s the best cook I’ve ever met lol!! And she really is.

Tony

Staff member
Don't you just hate it when you have a great idea for a video (or whatever) and when you start the little project, you either just have a massive brain fart or it just doesn't come together the way you want it to? Yup, that has been my day...

Tony

Staff member
So this has bugged me for years. Why did they call the movie Iron Eagle instead of Iron Falcon? They are not flying the F-15 Eagle, they are flying the F-16 Falcon, or Fighting Falcon. Just one of those things that get on my nerves lol.

liquid1

Agenda for today errrrr, It’s time again to renew A class CDL XTM

Attachments

• E0ED4D93-C337-49D3-8924-62CF9239FF86.jpeg
    E0ED4D93-C337-49D3-8924-62CF9239FF86.jpeg
    212.7 KB · Views: 3

liquid1

I would like to it’s just nice to have for a fast pay job if I ever need it. It’s a real pain in the arse for sure to keep up

Tony

Staff member
I figure, if I need it, I can always get it back. The test is pretty easy, and it's the only endorsement that you need to retest every time. Kind of stupid, but this is the way the world works sometimes. And yes, it could take up to 6 months to get it back, but I don't even plan on hauling hazmat again. The pay difference over just driving a standard truck is not worth the risk the drivers take.

Top Bottom