Off Topic Chit Chat

Tony

Staff member
So I ordered a new fan for my lappy since my old fan crapped out on me. I knew better, but I ordered one off of ebay and when I installed it into the lappy and put it back together (no way to test without putting it back together...) the fan is rubbing something. Go figure. Yup, negative feedback for item not as described. One of these days I will learn my lesson...

Tony

Staff member
With that said though, I'm not tearing this thing apart again. Anyone who has torn into a laptop and successfully put it back together knows what I'm talking about lol. So even with the rubbing fan, I'm still using it. All I need is air going through the cooling fins, and it is. That is all I care about. I'm just happy to have my lappy back. My wifes lappy is just not for me. The mouse pad is weird as hell on that thing.

RandyDSok

With that said though, I'm not tearing this thing apart again. Anyone who has torn into a laptop and successfully put it back together knows what I'm talking about lol.

Don't know what you're talking about... lololol

I actually don't have too much trouble with that anymore... but many of them are not a walk in the park.

Tony

Staff member
I don't really have an issue with that anymore, I just hate tearing into them. Way too many ribbons that can be torn and an OMG amount of screws, which are all different sizes and you NEVER get them all back in lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Just had to sell my soul to the devil, again. I thought the wife and I could make this work, but had to break down and get back in a truck. Leaving here Sunday... Complete suckage.

Tony

Staff member
Just received my new keyboard in the mail. Testing it out. First thing that I notice is the keys are very tall. I keep hitting the lower keys with my palm. Guess I need to put my wrist rest back. Other than that, it's pretty nice. But man is this thing tall. And somehow I just opened the page inspect page. That is F12 and I was no where near it. Going to have to get used to this...

Stambo

Don't get complacent guys and gals!!
Had my 250 miniquad hooked up to the PC last night making a few adjustments.
It was sitting on the floor in front of me with the battery connected and props on (something I don't normally do), I hit save and reboot and the next thing you know I have a flying blender in my lap.
Right little finger tip shredded, a few slices up my forearm and a slight fat lip and tender nose. Seemed to happen in milliseconds.
I won't post pictures because I still have trouble looking at it myself.
I cannot handle the sight of my own blood, and there was plenty of it. It was all I could do to get to the bathroom and run the finger under cold water to slow the flow.
I wrapped it in a damp cloth and just sat on the bathroom floor for a while until I composed myself a bit.
Stuck on a few people repair patches and have not looked at it since. I probably should go and get it looked at but I think it is probably already too late for stitches.
Amazing what those little 5 inch blades can do, and this is why no matter what the rules say, I don't fly near or over other people.
Its not gonna kill anyone but it can sure as hell hurt. :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I had the exact same thing happen, but with a much smaller quad, the QX95. I had URI on video chat and I pulled the quad out of the box and started the binding process. Right as the blue light on the Rx went solid I said "I may want to put my hand on it so that it doesn't fly away". And just then, the damn thing spools up full speed.

There is a setting in the QX95 that is wrong on the default throttle position that will cause it to spool up. Thankfully, I had my finger in the center of the quad and it didn't take off. It also didn't hit me although it was a complete bitch to get it unplugged lol. One prop flew off and almost took my eye out.

It could have been a lot worse in your case as well as mine, that is for sure. And you are right, complacency will get you every time. Just remember what these things are and what they can do and ALWAYS remove your props when you are making any kind of change. Yea, it takes a few minutes more to take them off and put them back on, but it's much better than the alternative.

I'm sure you already know, but keep it clean, let it air out for a few hours a day and rinse in hydrogen peroxide or alcohol, which ever you prefer. I feel there is enough pain already, so I always go for the peroxide lol. Alcohol will make you want to cut your finger off lmao.

Admiral

My sympathy Stambo, we all know we shouldn't do it, but most of us have be caught with me it was a slash to the forearm, very deep and I bled everywhere.
It's just that you want to make a minor adjustment and it take 4 times as long to remove the props than it takes to make the adjustment. so you take the risk, well I used too, but not anymore.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
4 packages scheduled for delivery today. And it's too windy to fly ANY OF THEM!!! Go figure...

Tony

Staff member
Well, UPS just showed up with three of the packages. Now I need to get my lazy ass out to the post office to pick up the other package. And this package is way smaller than the other 3, and WAY more fun!!!

Tony

Staff member
So I thought I would be able to get out and do some flying today. Not in this wind... You couldn't even fly a kite in this wind lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Who is ready for more beginner quad videos? Yea, me either lmao. But, two of them are coming! And these two are actually pretty good for someone that has never flown before!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Who is ready for more beginner quad videos? Yea, me either lmao. But, two of them are coming! And these two are actually pretty good for someone that has never flown before!

:biggrin1: I can use the video. I new to this with many question.

Tony

Staff member
These are more beginner than what you need Ivan lol. These are videos where I test quads for someone that has never been in the hobby. an all in one quad. Not one that you can program.

Top Bottom