No more flying for me !!!!

Just be aware the 130x needs to be constantly maintained I spent a bucket on mine before I got rid of it but more than spending money was the amount of time to keep it flying perfectly,

- - - Updated - - -

That being said it did learn me to fly,

I had the same problem with my nano cpx. Always needed something, mind you I did bash it into walls and things... Lol...

Think I'll just save and get your 450...or another if you've sold it buy then!!

Tony

Staff member
This is not my 130x. It's Matt's helicopter. I just used it for the canopy review video. And Matt has a lot of flights on his completely stock 130x with no issues. As far as I know anyway.

Derek

Hi there, Tony (in the UK, lol...we're getting a lot of Tony's around here, lol). I would definitely steer clear of a 250 sized helicopter. Do you remember those issues that you had with your 450? Hmmm...multiply that by whatever number you want above 4. Stick with the 450's. You'll be happier.

Dirk

Hi Tony (U.K),

I agree with Derek on the 250. I have a couple of mates who have learned some very colourful new words flying the 250's. I agree, a 450 is the way to go.

Slobberdog

Lol guys the 250 is not that bad when you put a £60 servo on the tail, lol

Oh did I mention I'm nuts, hehehe

Derek

Hi Tony (U.K),

I agree with Derek on the 250. I have a couple of mates who have learned some very colourful new words flying the 250's. I agree, a 450 is the way to go.

I'm pretty sure that I learned a few colorful words while trying to fly that 250 that I had, lmao. Ugh!!!

Slobberdog

Love my 250 DFC, so much more solid feel to me than the 130x but if I had not learnt on the 130x I would have found the 250 a mare, have a lot to thank my 130x for, but I have saved a fortune since I got rid of it, not had to order any parts lately,

Hey guys... This is Tony(UK version). Hahaha... I'm going to stick to the 450 size minimum now, made my mind up.... Lol, hard work this man...

You have all put me off the smaller ones, even Tony(USA version)... Lol.

Thanks though guys

concept30

yea i got some small ones too, and i hope i dont have to work on them, i crash alot so far i dont have to fix them yet, but my 450 is the only one I take out side and yall all know the story with that one.

murankar

Staff member
When it comes to the smaller kits, anything under a 300X. There is going to be some give and take. You have to look at the risk vs reward for yourself.

I think that at your current state any collective pitch heli will fit the bill. Every micro heli will teach you more than you know. Youll learn the importance of maintenance, most micros need a lot of tlc. Youll learn pre flight checks, which on a micro can make or break your will to fly. You will also learn how to fly.

Whats up with all the microheli upgrades? For some its purely for the ability to say they have hop ups on their kits, others its for performace and lastly for some it both. Most beginners will not need any hop ups. Unless your pushing the frame to its limit you will not see any negative tendencies. That whole thing that Tony showed about the t150, good news is unless you can piro flips with hard reversals, a hard aileron loop or any hard tail maneuver you may never see an issue with the loose tail.

In the end do some homework and take into account others experiences. One may have a great outlook on a certain kit while other will be just the opposite.

In the end i think a 130X, T150, Nano or mcpx brushless will suite your needs just fine in stock mode. Then as you get better you can slowly invest in the functional hop ups.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

When it comes to the smaller kits, anything under a 300X. There is going to be some give and take. You have to look at the risk vs reward for yourself.

I think that at your current state any collective pitch heli will fit the bill. Every micro heli will teach you more than you know. Youll learn the importance of maintenance, most micros need a lot of tlc. Youll learn pre flight checks, which on a micro can make or break your will to fly. You will also learn how to fly.

Whats up with all the microheli upgrades? For some its purely for the ability to say they have hop ups on their kits, others its for performace and lastly for some it both. Most beginners will not need any hop ups. Unless your pushing the frame to its limit you will not see any negative tendencies. That whole thing that Tony showed about the t150, good news is unless you can piro flips with hard reversals, a hard aileron loop or any hard tail maneuver you may never see an issue with the loose tail.

In the end do some homework and take into account others experiences. One may have a great outlook on a certain kit while other will be just the opposite.

In the end i think a 130X, T150, Nano or mcpx brushless will suite your needs just fine in stock mode. Then as you get better you can slowly invest in the functional hop ups.

Thanks for that Matthius, I understand the 120/150 size helis are great little birds, I've got a nano cpx, taught me loads, great fun too. And Tonys videos on the align showed it to be a great little flyer... Just watch out for those moving houses... Lol.

Thing is, it's size, once those get so far away I lose sight and therefore orientation, I'm a bit like nightflyyer in that respect. So should I spend the $150 or so on a little heli or upgrade my 450... Once I've done the gyroLESS flight I'll be putting a decent gyro on and getting some decent flight times in. My feathering shafts should be here tomorrow. Hopefully these fit..

Tony

Staff member
I will be straight up 100% honest here. The Align frame on the 150 is weak, and even hovering around, there was a tail wag because of the weak frame. Once I put this MH frame on, the tail wag went away. Since you already get the aluminum swash and DFC links, the ONLY upgrade that I would suggest is the Frame. And I'm loving this new 15105 frame vs the 15105X frame. Not that there is anything wrong with the X frame, I just like the ability to replace individual pieces if they break in a crash.

The 150 is a great helicopter to have with you and just toss in the air when you get the itch. You can keep it in the box it came in and keep it in your car. Mind you, don't keep the batteries in a hot car. But, you can take it anywhere you go.

I will be doing a final thought video soon on the 150 where I give the goods and bads of the helicopter. Need to head to the post office to pick up some more tools and parts for it. Yes, upgrades again this time, but these are, IMO, required as well. What are they? You will just have to wait for the video hehe.

I'm a bit surprised align sell a heli that is basically flawed, you shouldn't have to do these upgrades to have something fly-able...when I got my nano cpx I didn't have to do anything to it, well not until it had an argument with the door post and lost..lol

murankar

Staff member
If your talking a full upgrade then go with an Align or Gaui. That jump will be an all around upgrade. The Align comes with the option of everything or most of everything. Gaui comes with some of the stuff.

I didnt realize that the 150 frame was that weak. I would have thought that a frame would be strong enough to handle some load on it. Hey at least its nit the only micro out there.

murankar

Staff member
Align is notorious for this. Look at the revision of the t150. They rush to market then fix the flaws by offering "upgrades" to the kit. Is it intentional, who knows. All i know is i saw an align team pilot fly a t150 and he was pushing it fairly well. What sucks is in reality it flies nothing like that.

I'm buying a trex 450 pro dfc bnf in mid august, I'd rather stick to a size I can see...lol

It's already had a lot of upgrades so it's bind and go flying....can't wait

Top Bottom