No more flying for me !!!!

Slobberdog

Well guys at least the fault has been pretty well diagnosed by you guys, I would never have come up with that, too much of a novice.... I do still have the stock 420 motor with a 10 tooth pinion on it, so if I rebuild that's going back on..

I'm pretty sure both crashes are now pretty well diagnosed.

Your right Dan, the guy I bought it off new I was a novice but never mentioned the motor...

There's no markings on the motor Lee, all worn off..

I can definitely say the elevator link has gone AWOL. And the elev servo is shot...when you turn the horn you can hear it jumping the gears..

Thanks guys, I appreciate all your time and effort into finding the cause....

if the servo is jumping gears (stripped them ) then its unlikely that that link popped off as the gears were stripped from an impact

if the servo is jumping gears (stripped them ) then its unlikely that that link popped off as the gears were stripped from an impact

Well Kev, whatever happened we know the headspeed was far too high, time to rebuild and learn I think...

If I had the cash I'd just buy your 450 and be done with...

concept30

that was a crazy crash, sorry for not reading this sooner, it almost look like the higher you went the more it went into the ground, but i think everyone threw that idea out the window, never give up Tony, just take it apart and rebuild it, i changed my main gear so many times. but I havent change the belt on my blade 450 3d, I dont know why you dont like the flybar of the blade, i guess after i fix my car I will buy a IKON and then maybe I find out why (you Tony) like Flybarless so much.

Dont Give up!

Yes it was a good crash well not a crash as such, nothing I done, like the last crash it just destroyed itself, head speed far too fast. I'm busy rebuilding now so I'll be flying again soon I hope. Waiting for new parts is the frustrating part...lol

Stambo

Looking at your sig, it seems you have nothing left to fly at the moment except maybe a 9053.
A sad situation indeed. You need to have redundancy, something else to fly to get that fix. (9053 does not count:)) :biggrin1:
I think though, maybe I have overdone it a little. :)

Stambo

So you are a member of the Department of Redundancy Department, eh?

Hi, my name is Stambo and I am a flyaholic. :biggrin1:

Lol, If I don't get to fly something every day I get really annoyed. :)
I make sure there is at least a micro quad or heli to zap around the lounge and terrorise the cat.

I need to change my sig, I have just added a couple of nano quads to the list.
They are so small I can carry them in my jacket pocket. :)

I definitely need another bird to fly, I hate not getting to the field, I'll have to wait for funds though..

I have a little coax but it's useless outside and too boring in the house...lol

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at your sig, it seems you have nothing left to fly at the moment except maybe a 9053.
A sad situation indeed. You need to have redundancy, something else to fly to get that fix. (9053 does not count:)) :biggrin1:
I think though, maybe I have overdone it a little. :)

Yeah your right stambo, definitely need another bird, maybe the trex 250.

Tony

Staff member
Bro, get the T150! I'm LOVING this little guy. It will do everything that I can throw at it, and then some.

Bro, get the T150! I'm LOVING this little guy. It will do everything that I can throw at it, and then some.

I was thinking about that Tony, but my eyes are old now...lol, I wouldn't see it if it got too far away, then I watched your videos, that tail boom/frame is a bendy little sucker... I don't want to buy a heli then have to modify it straight away...lol, putting the new frame on looked tricky too.. So I think something bigger that I can fly without mods would be ideal.. Thanks though.

Tony

Staff member
Don't get a 250. They are a nightmare. In fact, there is a reason my 250 was named Nightmare. And there are many other members on here that have the same results.

Don't get a 250. They are a nightmare. In fact, there is a reason my 250 was named Nightmare. And there are many other members on here that have the same results.

Ok Tony, I'll take your advice, I do need something around that size though, and that 150 you have looks like it needs a refit of better components before you even fly it.. So something around the 250 size so I can see the thing.... I'm a bit like nightflyer in that respect....lol

Tony

Staff member
In all reality, if you are just doing casual flying, the 150 is great. It's when you start tossing it around that it can get a little wacky. But even then, it's not always bad. Just look at Alan Szabo Jr. and the way he flies it. You will get the Swash and DFC arms from MH when you order the heli though. So that part is already done.

Maybe something like a 130x would be better for you? Just thinking out loud...

In all reality, if you are just doing casual flying, the 150 is great. It's when you start tossing it around that it can get a little wacky. But even then, it's not always bad. Just look at Alan Szabo Jr. and the way he flies it. You will get the Swash and DFC arms from MH when you order the heli though. So that part is already done.

Maybe something like a 130x would be better for you? Just thinking out loud...

Have you reviewed or tested the 130x Tony? I'll have a look on YouTube!!

Tony

Staff member
I have not. I have never even flown one even though there is one sitting right here in front of me lol. ,

I have not. I have never even flown one even though there is one sitting right here in front of me lol. ,

You have a heli and you haven't flown it...!!!! I'm surprised at you Tony....lol, well Freddy can Fly likes it... Good enough for me...lol

Slobberdog

Just be aware the 130x needs to be constantly maintained I spent a bucket on mine before I got rid of it but more than spending money was the amount of time to keep it flying perfectly,

- - - Updated - - -

That being said it did learn me to fly,

Top Bottom