450 new to heli's, first build

no blade strike.. nothing I was spinning up for the first time since installing them.. got to about 1/2 throttle to let the motor catch up, and they both snapped.. both at the point that the blade grips bolt goes through the brass blade bushing. (thinnest part of the blade) literally looked like just resin there.. did'nt see any fibers, just hardened resin.. no glass fibre..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That sucks big time .. It's supposed to be the thickest part of the blade.

Try hobbypartz blades . Cheap and good.. If you can get them shipped to where you are!
Even carbon fibers are Just 6 bucks a pair.

murankar

Staff member
I use the EXI carbon fiber blades. The yellow and black one. Not one of them broke yet. I did grind one set on cement about a month ago and switched out for a new pair. I think mine were like $10 on xheli, plus I got $4 shipping for spare parts order.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Xheli , hobbypartz, nitroplanes, and nitrocars are all one warehouse ... (just saying if you don't know) :)

In hobbypartz ... If ordering a bit more like a 50 dollar worth you can atleastge free shipping. But... It's good! I also just took a chance and bought some from a US seller on eBay. They look exactly like carbon fibre black, but at fibre glass. Cost Me like 20 bucks I think total for 4 pairs.. Let's see How they go...

got them on the way did'nt win the bid, but got one at $89.99 plus $4 shipping... also ordered 5 pairs of main blades, and 10 tail blades.. all CF. for $23....

got my new tail servo today and installed it.. the servo horn it came with is kind short, but I was able to get it installed. now just waiting on the gyro..

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
I want to upgrade my gyro/tail servo as well. I'm looking at those eBay listings for the 790. Looks like a decent deal. I guess we'll see. Keep us posted!

Tony

Staff member
Paul, you cna do the 790 with the 520 tail servo on either one of your birds. The bracket will accept a 9 or 26g servo, or it should.

the DS420 servo is doing awesome... hooked up to the HK401b I can actually see a difference in controlability... have'nt flown it yet.. waiting on the gyro so I can fly/swap, and literally see the difference..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
align is coming out with RTF 450.. it has a bracket to load the 450 size tail servo like 520 on pros..

Tony

Staff member
align is coming out with RTF 450.. it has a bracket to load the 450 size tail servo like 520 on pros..

the Align 450 Sport V2 has the center under the boom 9g mount like the pro has with the 26g. I have the sport sitting here on the table. Way different head design too...

Tony

Staff member
Better get used to that hahaha. It seems every time I get something new, I can't use it lmao. Can't wait to see it in the air though.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
That gyro is really nice Scott. Easy to setup and holds that tail so good you can almost kiss it. Parental Advisory: Do Not try this anywhere.

I do have a question, I looked everywhere, but I cannot find what the PWM is for the DS420 servo... I believe it's a 1150, but un-sure.. don't want to roast the gyro/servo. looked online everywhere, but all I read is don't use the DS420, use the DS520... blah... the 420 won't hold the tail.... blah... not quick enough... blah... yeah and the instructions I got with the gyro were in korean!! no english!! lol, that's what I get for buying on e-bay.. the packaging looked authentic, and was still sealed.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
My guess is the 420 is the predecessor to the 520. Even if it isn't, it's still a digital servo and will use a higher frequency?

If you can't find the exact frequency info for it, then find out what heli it is installed in by Align, find an online build manual for that heli, and you will have your answers in detail.

Tony

Staff member
everything that I'm finding is saying to use 1520us pwm on the 420.

And just for clarification, the 420 is a 9g servo and the 520 is a 26g. Micro and Mini respectively.

Top Bottom