450 new to heli's, first build

hmm I tried looking on servodatabase but they did'nt list anything... and the align website was not helpful.. found info on heli-freak.com it's the 1520us standard...

took the heli out for a flight today in calm weather.. got it going and realized the tail rudder was WAY off, so i adjusted the trim.. got it spining up and it was STABLE, until it started drifting away from me.. I cut throttle, and it went sideways into the grass I lost my rear cyclic servo.. stripped the teeth of the gears, luckily it was a cheapo $3 servo. and I have a spare...

Tony

Staff member
Sucks about the servo and the crash. Just remember, half of the challenge with a helicopter is tail control. Get good with that throttle/rudder stick, you will use it just as much as the cyclic when flying. Practice makes perfect, or so they say lol. Keep at it, and let us know if we can help

well fixed the copter... found that the rear cyclic servo as well as the left side cyclic died... stripped the teeth clean off the "hextronic HXT900's" these were cheapo $3 hobbyking.com servos.. worked great for crashing.. I feel confident getting a slightly more expensive servo now. any suggestions? something rebuildable? not too expensive.... will eventually replace allt eh HXT900's in my heli...

Tony

Staff member
I can't remember if you are in the USA or not, but I think you are. If so, get the EXI D213F servos for that heli. They are digital and metal gear. I have used them with great success. I have the D113F servos on my Mini Edge 540 and my Rogue 3D Bipe and will be maidening them here soon. They are exactly the same as the 213's, but they are plastic gears. That is my suggestion.

Tony

Staff member
Ah crap, they are still out of stock but there is another option, unfortunately it's a little more. You can order the D113F servos, and get the D213F gears. Links below.

Servo
Gears

Paulster2

I am El Taco!
Ah crap, they are still out of stock but there is another option, unfortunately it's a little more. You can order the D113F servos, and get the D213F gears. Links below.

Servo
Gears

You know what's really crazy about that? The nylon geared ones are $9.90ea and the metal geared ones are $7.70 ... go figure. Once you purchase the gears ... it's like getting one for the price of two! WOOT! When you said it'd be a little more expsive, you really meant it.

EDIT: You might want to check on eBay to see if you can pick some up for cheap as well ... just a thought, but be cognizant of the scam.

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
Yeah, I wanted the plastic gears for my planes since the lighter the better. But on the cyclic of a helicopter, I highly suggest the metal gears. There are also options for digital servos from hobbyking, but you will be waiting for those. also, the MG90S serovs from hobbyparts are great, but they are analog and I'm trying to stay away from analog since digital is so much better at centering.

well I am off to Puerto Rico for the week catching the red eye out of Boston, be back in Maine, on the 20th... wish me luck (proposing to my girlfriend of 5 years... she has NO clue...)

Top Bottom