Projects New RC Project that has me stressing

Tony

Staff member
Sounds good to me. This means that it may just be covered by the AMA if something was to happen.

Derek

This also means that I should be able to take this plane to the nearest RC club and use the runway that they have there. The RC club is probably about 10-12 miles from my house. I'll be checking into get a membership with them soon enough and I'll be sure to ask so that I can be certain about taking my plane there for the maiden flight and hopefully continued flights.

Derek

Yeah, for sure! I'm, hopefully, not working this weekend. I may take a drive out there and see if anyone is around. They have a really nice runway, workbenches, tables, chair, vending machines, and A LOT of open space. I was out there for the first time on New Years Day for their Annual New Years Day Fun Fly and I spoke with a few people but I had to leave early because of family issues. I'll go out and talk with them and I'll take my camera so I can take a few pics to share with RCH.

BOKI

mountaindewdude76; Derek Sounds like you are in luck with your new RC Club Airfield that's Great!!! Dave

Derek

Thanks Dave, but I wouldn't call it "luck" just yet. I still have to go and talk with them about membership requirements and fees, but their facility is fantastic and I hope it all works out.

wolfman76

Even if noone is there they should have a sign at entrance of their field with their club name pin out you could look up on the net an send them an email

Tony

Staff member
Pfft, not that club I was with. Their web page was done though a blog software, rarely updated and looked like crap. Full of old information and just not interesting at all. The sign that was at the "usually" locked gate just had the name of the club, and the name of the club was not even the URL, you had to add "fly" to the front of it, which is not mentioned anywhere lol. I really hope your club is better than that.

Derek

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time finding an Rx pack for my Albatross. Tony and I had discussed getting a 6.6v LiFe 2000mAh battery to power my Rx and servo's. However, Hobby King is STILL on backorder for these. I did check A Main Hobbies and they have a 1700mAh for $35.00. I didn't expect to pay that much. Is there somewhere, in particular, that you guys get your Rx packs from? I'm finally in the position that will allow me to order up my remaining parts to get my monster plane completed.

Any ideas?

Tony

Staff member
why does it have two leads that connect to the esc?

I honestly dont' have a clue. I plug one into my switch to turn on my heli, and the other is where I plug my pushglow into. Since the pushglow is always off unless I push the button, it doesn't drain it.

Derek

lol...we were talking about the differences between a BEC and the Rx pack and YOU suggested the Rx pack. Now you are suggesting the BEC, lmao. Too funny!

Tony

Staff member
Hey, as you have stated on here many times, we have gone back and forth on this for a while lmao. If you need a larger BEC, just do a search on Tower for "BEC" and it will come up with some higher amp ones for you.

Derek

Yes, lol, you are very right...we have been back and forth on MANY topics in regard to my plane. I'm sure, by now, it's just as frustrating for you as it is for me, lol.

I, actually, have a spare CC BEC like the one you gave me the link for, above. I run one in my motor glider and I bought a second one, just in case. So...I'll go that route....for sure....i'm not gonna change my mind....again, lol.

Hey...would it be possible for me to call you? I think we could speed up the conversation over the phone. If I can call you, PM me your number again. I've cleaned up my office and now I can't find your number.

Derek

Ok Tony...the two lipo's have been ordered for the Albatross, along with a few other parts. I'll visit my LHS this week and see if I can hunt down a 20x8 prop that we talked about. Unfortunately, I probably won't see the parts until late next week because I had to order from the International Warehouse to save on shipping costs. There are a couple of parts that I want that are only available at the International Warehouse.

But...I do have the 6S lipo from my 500, the ar8000, the esc, and CC bec, so I'll start running the wiring on my next day off. I can use my "mock up" batteries that I made to hunt down the CG...but for now...i'm off to work.

Top Bottom