500 New 500 Pro DFC

Slobberdog

Well got into the box and had a good rummage, was going to leave it for tonight but could not resist, so I done.

The main head assy, man this thing I know is not a BIG heli but the components feel truly solid.

image.jpg

The tail assy, a work of art, I thought the 450 pro DFC tail was nice but when you go up in size it looks so much sweeter,

image.jpg

And put the major blocks onto one frame side, was going to sand the frames but they were really quite smooth to start with,

image.jpg

More to follow tomorrow, need to do a bit of soldering, 2 batteries and the ESC, then be able to centre all the servos bind the 3Gx and then see where each servo goes with the best arm positions I can get,

I can then try to hide every wire, I want a super clean heli, and if it takes a while then so be it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

cml001

Werd.. Clean baby! Smooth... Make sure it's got that swag! And that IS a big bird! Keep post'n pics!

Slobberdog

Sitting down doing some work as having scaffolding being put up this morning, so having to work from home. But doing a little then doing some heli, lol.

Well finished the torque tube off and put the whole tail assy together this morning,

image.jpg

Then I managed to do a little work,

Then decided to solder some connections on the ESC and batteries, when I de-soldered the Hobbyking plug could not believe what I saw, they had put a drop of solder in the connector then literally pressed the wire into it, the wire was not primed with solder and only where the wires touched at the bottom of the connector were they attached, why should I be so surprised, lol

But here's mine ready to use,

image.jpg

More to follow guys, stay tuned..........

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Well got it all together, but now have to go through every frame screw and thread lock,

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have set up the 3gx, and when I do all the screws she will be ready for seeing if tracking is out or not.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Slobberdog

Thanks Lee, it looks low and aggressive, like the look of it, now hopefully we will get a break in this weather so I can try it,

Just thread locked one side frame, one to go...............

Slobberdog

Yeah I like the colour scheme as well, hopefully get it in the air tomorrow looks like a break in the weather,

Slobberdog

Thanks Derek it was nice to work on something that my big chubby fingers can grip easy, lol.

I do still love my micros though.

Slobberdog

Well the maiden did not go well, it was max 8 seconds of spool up and tip, blade dug into ground and nice chunk out of leading edge where it went in,

Think it was a combination of spool up vibes and uneven frozen ground,

Never mind new ones on way as well as a new boom, and horizontal stabiliser

Ken Jackson

Sorry to here that Kev. Spring is coming soon. I tried to maiden my 450, its just too cold. I have some binding in my tail rotor so I'm going to take it apart and start over. I have always seemed to over tighten.

Good Luck on the repairs!

Ken

Slobberdog

Nah not to worry Ken, it's the first set of blades I've wrecked but by golly it won't be the last, replace the few bits in 10 mins so no biggy there,

When the heli on a flat surface it spools up ok, think it was a bit to do with the ground today,

I will get it in the air probably Wednesday night after I get the blades and boom in,

Slobberdog

Guys take a look at this and tell me what you think

[video=youtube_share;lUkGPj-12E8]http://youtu.be/lUkGPj-12E8[/video]

Top Bottom