500 New 500 Pro DFC

Slobberdog

I sent the video of the swash to the guy I bought the kit from and he has asked me for my tx file seems to think there is a problem in there,

danhampson

Sorry about the tip over kev.
Have you tried setting up as a fresh model or maybe try a rebinding tobsee if that sorts the issue out.
My 3gx on my 450 did the same thing it was on V3.1it seemed to be an intermittent problem. It would tip the swash sometimes and the when it was rebooted it would be fine for a few flights.

Slobberdog

thanks Dan but I cant live with that uncertainty, yes it was a fresh model complete new setup and bind was done, if I don't get a positive answer from the supplier or off his contact in Align UK then a beast will be going on the heli

Slobberdog

Thanks Antony, not to worry its only money, lol, it will get airborne, just not sure when yet or maybe if it will have this controller on it, at the moment is see a beast in my future.

Slobberdog

It looks like Kevin is a dummy, to limit my travel for my swash I used end point adjust when I should have used swash adj menu, will be going through my setup later and we will see if it sorts it out,

will report back...........

Slobberdog

Have just put the correct settings into the bird, in dir mode and all seems to be better than before, will take it down the gym hall tonight hopefully for a quick test hover to see if its ok, but the swash was behaving on the bench, and that gents is a start.....

More to follow including a video, I hope............

Slobberdog

Well it's sorted and rock steady in the air, put my settings from my 450 that I got where I wanted and it feels really steady, had 25 18 10 expo on my switch and 10 was a little twitchy and 18 was a little steady so will be programming 20 15 10 on my switch for the future,

Will be putting a short video in the video section for the maiden, as soon as it uploads,

Slobberdog

Well just got all my bits (crash spares) and yet again the dummy strikes, ordered two fin sets, but got all the suspect able bits to break like tail tubes and DFC link pieces main shafts and feathering shafts so will have to get another set of blades as spares but I have stuff to keep me going for a while,

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Well I need to get my swash down by a half deg or so, and the links don't like that fine adjustment so I went and got the turnbuckles for my 500,

am fed up with having to remove the elevator link and fiddling with it in a confined space as you cant get it out all the way due to the anti rotation bracket,

Not to much of an issue just me being anal I guess, but I want my pitch range to be perfect up and down.......ah well more work to do later in the club.

Derek

Where did you get your turnbuckles from, Kev? I really think you are gonna like them a lot. I got a set of titanium turnbuckles from Heli Option for my 600. I did notice that Tarot has them for the 450, so I'll be ordering a set for my 450.

Derek

Awesome! I remember all the hassle of dealing with the linkages on my flybarred 500. Ugh...what a nightmare! These turnbuckles are just awesome!

cml001

Yeah I got some for my 450 a couple weeks ago. Tarot... Didn't like the gold color of the heli option... Make set up lot easier.. Especially dfc head and 450 size..

Derek

Yeah I got some for my 450 a couple weeks ago. Tarot... Didn't like the gold color of the heli option... Make set up lot easier.. Especially dfc head and 450 size..

I actually like the color of the Heli Option turnbuckles...just my preference. But...when I found out about these turnbuckles, I quickly realized how much easier the setup would be. Just like you said.

Slobberdog

Well I actually found another part that has taken a hit on my stupid end point adjustment issue,

I have the aileron servo on the bench awaiting a spare, now it know this did not take much of a knock but I was surprised at what went, a small piece of plastic to hold a gear shaft in the top case, split and a small piece of the plastic got in between two gears and stuck the servo,

I found this on the bench when adjusting my swash centre and +- figures, easy job with the turnbuckles, lol, but so glad found this problem on the bench as if it had locked while flying could have been dang bad news.

Case on route, bird should be better in the morning,

Slobberdog

Well it was not just the case it was the gears as well, very surprised by the damage there,

image.jpg

When I changed the case out the servo was still gritty felling so I cleaned all the grease of the gears and there was the damage,

Should have the gears later so it will be repaired and ready to go,

image.jpg

Top Bottom