500 New 500 Pro DFC

Slobberdog

Well I got rid of my quad and now have just enough for the new bird and I have decided to go for the Trex 500 DFC, I was looking at the 550 but it's just out of my price range once I put a couple of sat receivers and a couple of batteries in the mix, and I can only use it at our flying field, so I have compromised a little but think I will be happy with the size of the 500,

Will be ordering next week and should start building soon,

cml001

Congrates... I'm beginning to think I should have done the same... My 550 has been sit'n in the box for a couple weeks... Haven't even opened it yet.. Buying stuff to get the set it up the way I want and get'n the scratch for battery's is taking forever... I may be to damn picky.. But... Anyhow congrates bro!

Derek

That's awesome, Kev! Great news!!! I love the 500. I have the 500 flybarred. I'll probably go flybarless this year. My yard is too small to move the 500 around much but I do what I can.

Slobberdog

Yeah thanks guys thought it was gonna be off though as had a call this morning saying my buyer had a problem and he had not realised that it was spektrum based and he is a futaba boy so can't buy it, read re advertised it and the person that enquired a few days ago but did not have quite enough bucks came back with a better offer that I accepted, so I am back on course,

Yes I could use 2 3s packs joined up etc but will be ordering a couple of Zippy 2700 mah compacts with some optipower 2700 to follow I a few months,

Derek I think the 500 is a good size for me at the moment, and I will be having fun if this darn rain stops,

Cml001 yes that is what I did not want to be building then waiting for things to finish it, not got the patience for that, oh and the 500 runs on 2600 to 3300 ish depending on size.

Last edited:

murankar

Staff member
I wasn't thinking about that, flight time. Hey I was just trying to get you airborne until you can get some packs.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

cml001

Lol... I'm try'n to keep my kool.. I still have items to get... Sorry to hear that slobber... Hope u get to order that soon!

Last edited:

Slobberdog

Uri, not having a go, I will be using two 3s packs if mine don't arrive in time when I am setting it up, but I should be good

Slobberdog

Well I ordered it Trex 500 Pro DFC super combo, with satellites and swash leveller, and from HK two Zippy compact 2700 batteries, should have it by the end of the week, cant wait.......

Derek

Outstanding!!! Just a bit of "FYI"...I run the 3000mah 6S lipos on my 500. They do fit under the canopy and the CG seems to be fine.

cml001

WooHoo!

- - - Updated - - -

... Lol, ur gonna beat me to the sky my friend.. I have a gyro, ESC, & battery's to go...lol

Slobberdog

Outstanding!!! Just a bit of "FYI"...I run the 3000mah 6S lipos on my 500. They do fit under the canopy and the CG seems to be fine.

thanks Derek I was considering the 3000's but I done a bit of reading last night and I think the 2700 with its less weight and size should be pretty good for the bird, but have only got 2 so I can try them, after I use these for a bit I will re evaluate, and maybe go up in size,

Derek

Sounds good, Kev. I just wanted you to know that the 3000's will fit. Take care buddy!

Slobberdog

thanks Derek. I did look at the 3000 bats but wanted to try the compacts anyway due to size and weight and tbh 2700's was what they had in the uk warehouse, and I did not want 3 weeks shipping from the international warehouse either.

hope my gamble pays off,

treff

That sounds brilliant Kew really green with envy. Just on point, does a snorkel come free with that helicopter LOL.
When does it stop raining? Had a few flights today but things going rusty including me brain. Once again, great job.
Your going to have fun with that. Cheers

danhampson

Looking forward to the build thread kev. ive been running 3300mah and 3000mah 6s on my protos last year with flight times of around the 7 min mark but am going to replace them later in the year with some 2650mah 6s just because they are way cheaper than the 3000 or 3300

Slobberdog

The Zippy compacts were recommended to me and two just cost me £41 delivered for 25c batteries so not to bad really, if I don't like them I will get rid of them and be going to the optipower 2650 30c as they are supposed to be really good, but at just over £50 they are a fair bit more pricey

Top Bottom