600 My T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
From everything I've read for the last two Mts., it should make flying my bird a piece of cake! Lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys! I've got my NAZA H this week. I have a question for you all. The servos I have are ds610's and a ds620 on my rudder. They are both rated at 4.8/6.0 V. Stock setup has a 5 V regulator on the rudder. The NAZA bec has either 5.8 or 7.4 V output. I'm guessing I need to set it for 5.8 V. Do I still need the 5 V regulator for the rudder or was that for the stock FB set up?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You dont need to do anything i you are using Align 610 and 620 servos.. :) 5.8 V is good for all the servos :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Not sure but it's not needed. The servo can do 6v by specs

Many tail servos are spec-Ed for 4.8 V max like 9254 and 9256 and such. I bet it's to accommodate those and not make them burn out.

Those servos burn or get hurt at 6V

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I'm running a straight 7.2v or whatever that LiFe battery is putting out at a full charge straight to my servos. And I'm running the 610's, 620 on throttle and 655 on tail. You will be fine taking that regulator off the tail servo.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi, I got a chance today to work on my bird some. Striped her back diwn. Got the NAZA somewhat mounted and the new ar8000 mounted. Got the new bec and the led mounted. Now to get the wires hidden. I've get to get some more wire looms. Might need to make up an extention for the tail servo. I do not think its going to be long enough to reach the flight controller. (FC)

Well here is a short video of today's progress. I apologize ahead of time. The lighting was bad and so the video suffered a little. Oh well! Lol

T. rex 600 ESP FBL conversion - YouTube

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
So, ok! Lol I have a few questions for you guys. First of all is my understanding on this right. On the swach. Forward stick, swach tilts back? Rearward stick swach tilts forward? Right stick swatch tilts left? Left stick swatch tilts right? Am I right on this? On the rudder. I haven't got this far yet. Right rudder or left rudder witch way do the blades face?

I started doing the programming this morning. After you get everything mechanically set up, everything eltz is programmed thru the NAZA. Of course I've got everything messed up! Lol I'll get it this weekend. I have all day Saturday to work on it. I did not have time to get any video this morning has I'm at the dr.s office right now and have to go to work after. I'll get some video posted this weekend. I may need some help programing this thing. Oh well! Lol.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Oh and one more thing. My wash out arms keep popping out of the balls on the swatch! Has far has I can tell its on the right way. The align name on the arms is right side up. But the angles they are in, I can see why they pop off. What am I doing wrong here?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
First of all is my understanding on this right. On the swach. Forward stick, swach tilts back? Rearward stick swach tilts forward? Right stick swatch tilts left? Left stick swatch tilts right? Am I right on this?

TOTALLY OPPOSITE... :) Forward stick... swash forward.. backward stick.. swash backward..
Right stick.... swash right
stick left... swash left.

On the rudder. I haven't got this far yet. Right rudder or left rudder witch way do the blades face?

The best way is just to follow this MOP Lee developed:
Tail servo direction and Gyro set up

My wash out arms keep popping out

you are probably gonna have to define mechanical limits of aileron and elevator in the NAZA.. I am guessing it should have it.. All FBL gyros have that usually .. atleast what I have flown. Too much throw on the swash will make the washout arms to bend beyond what they are supposed to. and pop off.. You definitely dont wanna see that in flight.. and yes it can happen.. your swash will go out of phase.. forward could become forward and left. lol and so on.. so please make sure you have the pitch limits.. (+- 12degrees) and then cyclic limits (+-8-10 degrees) or whatever NAZA asks for :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
No just reverse the channels in your radio and you good.. should be click click done! :)

and then the tail setup is similar to that too.. then you cna do your NAZA setup i guess as you said :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The NAZA has all the servo reversing built into it. You basicly do the whole setup in the NAZA.including leveling the swach and all that. Stuff.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
ok so its just like a beast or brain that I am using in my helis.. cool.. so yeah you gotta reverse there :) there a PC software you use or just lights and such ?

Top Bottom