600 My T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well has some of you know, I purchased a 3G FBL kit for my 600 a while ago. Ths morning I started the conversion. Here is the first video explaining what's up! Lol

T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

Now here is video #2. Here I start the tear down.

T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion 2 - YouTube

Now video #3. I find my main bearings are shot.

T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion 3 - YouTube

- - - Updated - - -

And the final one. Decided to take the tail boom off.

T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion 4 - YouTube

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I can't remember but I'm thinking east coast helicopters had them. I'll look in a bit supper time now.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:readthethread::readthethread::readthethread::feedback::feedback::feedback::evil::evil::evil:

Well I worked on the 600 today. I got my new main bearings in the mail today. I also got my new servo wheels too. Sweet. Really makes the copter look cool. Lol. I mounted the new bearings and wheels. Got the bearing blocks all re installed. Mounted the new FBL head. Leveled the swatch. It was off a bit. I adjusted the swatch using the links. I did not adjust the sub trim. Not sure if that's the proper way to do it or not. I'm thinking that there already was some sub trim already in the tx. So I'll have to redo everything once I bind up my dx8 to the bird. Right now I'm still using my dx7.

All in all there is only two puzzling things to deal with right now. First the FBL instructions say to use the inside holes on the servo wheels. Not the outside. The original FBH instructions say use the outside holes. This makes the links uneven. Meaning the servo side of the links are narrower that the other side. Hmmmm. Well we will see. Second is that when I checked the pitch of the blades, I'm getting +15/0/-15. Isn't that a bit much? I would think no more than +11 or 12/0/-11 or 12. Question is dose a FBL head use more pitch that a FBH head? There has to be a way to cut that down a bit I would think.

I need some help with this. When I built the 600 I had help from a great pilot from my club. Now I have to do this myself. Even when I set up the gyro I'll need some help! The instructions that came with the FBL head are not the great!

Hear is a short video I did this morning before I got real deep into it! Lol

T rex ESP FBL conversion 5 - YouTube

I need help!!! LOL.

murankar

Staff member
You will want to adjust your swash afr settings to bring your pitch to around 12 degrees, then adjust your swash so that the negative pitch is 12 degrees. Once you met that then adjust it down to 10 or 11 degrees. When adjusting your swash you will need to twist all three linkages the same amount of turns so the swash moves evenly up or down.

Heres the bad news, I cant remember witch way you will need to move your swash.

Oh yeah, when you drop your pitch from 15 to 11 you will want to check the negative pitch to see if it got worse or better.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The swash needs to be level and best possible if done mechanically after getting the servos subtrummed first. Then yes, all adjustment is mechanical only. So you were right there

The servo balls being uneven is ok

The pitch will show up high... It's ok, just use the swash mix menu to bring that value down. Good part with that is that if you go from default 60 to 50 or 40 it'll make change to both positive and negative pitch range.

I wouldn't go over 12.. 11 is great .. As you'll have a lot of cyclic throw too. :)

Hope I could help :)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks GABA. I'll look at that tomorrow. I have the swach level all the way up and down the shaft. Just that the pitches are at 15 + and 15 -. That's too high of a pitch! So I'll have to find in the tx where I can dial them down.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Yeah there is a menu in your dx7 and 8 "swash mix" use that.. Yes 15 is a bit high until you are throwing harsh 3D on this with a 12s setup or something :p lol

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'm too old and too slow to do that GABA! Lol. I would never be able to keep up with the bird! I. Just thinking that I should set up the dx8 and be done with it. Then I'll retire my dx7 till I have a better use for it. Maybe I'll put it n the block ha ha!

Tony

Staff member
Its' actually called "Swashplate" on the DX7s and DX8. Just go in there and lower the "Pitch" number to a lower value. I would run about 9-10º of collective on that bird. I'm only going to run about 11º on the RCH Heli with 8º of cyclic.

murankar

Staff member
On my radio its called swash Afr, and spektrun I think its called swash mix. I forget some times that my radio options are labeled different.

Tony

Staff member
That is correct Matthias, Swash AFR, Swash Mix, and Swashplate are all the same things. There should be only one standard lmao.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well today I got her all back together! All thats left is the set up on the 3G. My pitch set up is has follows, Normal mode -3/0/8. Idle 1 mode 8/0/8. Idle up 2 is 11/0/11. All with no sub trim. Swach nice and levle top to bottem.

Here is another short video from today!

[video=youtube_share;CwJVs58fYDA]http://youtu.be/CwJVs58fYDA[/video]

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
8 might be a bit low if you get stuck in rotor turbulence heading down .. You need just a bit more to recover. I wouldn't go under 10 on this size :)

Adam

i have a use for that dx7 when your ready lol

Last edited by a moderator:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just decided to take the plunge! Bought the NAZA H + GPS and BEC combo! All the right ups I've seen on the FC says that I should be able to fly my 600 with ease! Lol. It better for the cash I just laid out!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

I'm hoping this will allow me to at least fly around without crashing every time I try! Lol

:evil::evil::evil:

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
DANG thats nice.. Honestly I didnt know DJI made these for helis too. But cool! it'll be awesome. i have seen too much cool stuff with DJi.. And is that GPS hold antenna I see there? COOL! :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
DANG thats nice.. Honestly I didnt know DJI made these for helis too. But cool! it'll be awesome. i have seen too much cool stuff with DJi.. And is that GPS hold antenna I see there? COOL! :)

Yes it's a new product just came out a couple of Mts. ago. It should do about everything my QAV dose except it won't come home and land if signal is lost with the Tx. It will just hover then land. But I'm sure in time they will upgrade the software to come home and land. At least that the word that I get. That's why I bought the esc too cause you need it for all the options raptor work.

Check out this video on it! DJI Naza-H 3D Flight - YouTube

Top Bottom