600 My T Rex 600 ESP FBL conversion.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
PC software. Check out my videos on it and you will see. The led display has a mine USB port on it you plug in the USB cable into it and your computer. Start the DJI program and set it all up there. The only thing you do at the heli is the mechanical set up. Then you set up you tx like you normally do. Everything then is set up thru the DJI software. I'm off to work. So I'll be back on later after I cross Canada.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Don't be sorry bro. I'm just learning all this myself. So it's Greek to me too. This is just what I found out yesterday in the two hours I had to work on it. Hopefully I'll get home early enough sat to get more done.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi Tony I just tried to call you hoping you we're free for a few minutes. Could not get through. Man do not ever think that I'm not wanting advice from you. That's why I'm asking questions.

This NAZA FC is some thing new. I'm probublly the first person on the sight to mess with one. So believe me I'm just learning. There is not much on you tube about them iether. So has I learn I'm passing it along to you guys too.

So keep the advice and coments coming. Cause I have a feeling it's going to take all of us to figure this one out! I'll be up for about 1/2 hour if you want to call.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have figured out my wash out arm problem has to why they keep popping off the balls. they are mounted backwards. Instead of the wash out pointing in, they are pointing out. I'm not sure yet if they were mounted backwards from the factory or not yet but I'll find out Saterday. If you check out any of the videos on this tread, you can painly see there are 180 degrees off. Hmmmmm. Here I thought that the Align name stamped on the arms should face out. Oh well live and learn. Lol. Like I said though they might have been mounted backwards from the factory! I know excuses excuses! Lol.

Lee

Just watched the first video Sam. It looks like you have some sort of mixing issue. I don't know anything about this unit but i'll see what i can find out.

- - - Updated - - -

As soon as you switched to cyclic mix, it went of axis. Have you got the radio swash mix set to 1 servo 90º or 120ºccpm?

- - - Updated - - -

When you measured 8º pitch, your swash wasn't level.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Thanks Lee. I did find that I had in the tx the pitch servo was going down when my aileron and elevator were going up. I changed them and reprogrammed the NAZA. No change.

Lee

I have read that like others it should be set to 1 servo 90º. The Manual makes no mention of TX setting??? How do they expect you to set it up?

- - - Updated - - -

There you go then. Switch it to 1 servo 90º and you should be set

- - - Updated - - -

FBL systems do all the mixing internally. They don't need the radio interfering with there processes.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I have read that like others it should be set to 1 servo 90º. The Manual makes no mention of TX setting??? How do they expect you to set it up?

- - - Updated - - -

No it doesn't. Ill try that this weekend. My tx is set up like any other setup for a regular gyro would be.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

FBL systems do all the mixing internally. They don't need the radio interfering with there processes.

Ok what about the rest of the settings? You know, pitch curves, throttle curves, idle up 1,2,3, and hold?

Lee

Ah ok. Well that should fix everything i hope. As for the other things. Make sure all throttle curves and pitch curves are linear 0 to 100 while doing the set up, or you will confuse the unit. Once everything is set up. then you can dial in the curves you want.

Lee

Yep that is correct, otherwise the unit will see an false reading. Just replied to your other thread.

Top Bottom