Quad My Next Quad

bigone5500

I got my SD card yesterday. It is in fact a genuine SanDisk. I'm glad it was brought up about counterfeiting. I'll keep a closer eye on them now.

Tony

Staff member
As long as you get the transfer speeds you are told and it has the capacity you are told, then that is awesome. I may have to pick up some of these. When I purchased mine back in the day, these things were over $250. But NAND flash memory has come way way down in price in the last few years. So good deal that it's what you expect. Just trying to keep my peeps safe lol.

bigone5500

Here are the results. Please note that read speeds are dependent on the hardware used to read the card. My pc is 7 years old so it's not up to snuff. But this card did well on the write.

Write: 59.2MB/sec
Read: 78.2MB/sec

Card specs state that up to 160MB/sec read and 60MB/sec write.

bigone5500

Off topic but when I take a photo of my monitor the site says the file is too large for the server to process. What's up with that? Otherwise I never have any trouble.

bigone5500

By the way. The test was done with windows explorer copying an ISO file of linux mint to and from the SD card.

Tony

Staff member
You can also do ctrl+alt+print-screen to only capture the window you are wanting to show. You can also change the file to a 75% jpg file format and it should be under 200kb

bigone5500

I was taking the photo with my phone. The file sizes are 5.82 and 5.72 MB each. I just did a test by taking a photo of the RCH site and one with a white background window open. The file size almost doubled on the brighter background.

Tony

Staff member
Yea, the brighter photos have more information in them. I think we have a 5mb file size, but most times, it will auto downsize the files. Not sure what is going on there. Just another reason to update to the next version of this forum. But, that is going to take about $200 to get done.

bigone5500

What! $200??? Updates aren't free? I maintain a site with Joomla installed and the updates are free. I guess they gotta make money somehow. But that's probably the biggest difference in open source and commercial.

Tony

Staff member
So here is the deal with that one. Yes, updates are free, for the first year, then you have to purchase an extension for service. But, that $65 is not the only charge. There is also the other $65 for the new article system. Then there are the other add-on's that I have on here that I would have to purchase again. This is a major update so everything is rewritten and nothing from the old version will work on the new, other than the info within. So yea, $200 to update the site. And if something goes wrong, I will have to contact my buddy to bail me out lol. I'm sure he is going to want something for his time.

bigone5500

Oh man. I'm glad I don't have to worry about that. I'd just give up like I did with the forum I had installed for our rocketry club.

Tony

Staff member
If it was a smaller forum, I would still be on the free versions. But, there is just too much info on here for me to trust something that is THAT popular since everyone and their brother can hack them.

bigone5500

Here is my first DVR video of the flight. I attempted to get an FPV capture but it had an operator error. This video is in horizon mode and the next videos will all be in acro. I need to figure out my PIDs as there is some strange things going on such as when I hit full throttle then kill it quickly it stutters and when I give it fast yaw it also stutters. You will see in the video what I mean. I need to modify the frame to get rid of the black side bars somehow. The standoffs are in view of the lens so I may have to try to move the camera forward into the original holes.

Top Bottom