Quad My Next Quad

bigone5500

I just hope the JST connector on the VTX doesn't interfere with the installation. I happen to think about that and maybe it's no more than 4mm tall.

Tony

Staff member
It is lighter than I thought it would be with that MASSIVE STACK!!! Still under the FAA reg though.

bigone5500

Here is the maiden of my quad. The motors don't sound as they should. I have made changes as per Tony's suggestion. I will work with it more tomorrow.

Tony

Staff member
You should work with it now lol.

And what I suggested to him was to lower the D Gain first. to me, it sounds like a D Gain issue which can cause damage to the motors and ESC's if it's too high. If lowering the D Gain doesn't fix the sound, then to lower the P Gain down a bit. Just trying to play it safe with teh lowering of the D Gain.

bigone5500

I put the little 650 lipo on storage charge. When I came back into the house there was a strong smell of a circuit board burning. The XTparallel board burned out a trace on the balance plug.

20190728_184711.jpg

Tony

Staff member
There shouldn't be that much current going through that trace. That looks to me like cell 3 (ground at the top) so I would be looking into that to find out what caused it. Once you find it, you can run a wire (motor wire that you have been using) to rebuild that trace.

Tony

Staff member
so what you are saying is, you are going to send me that one so that I can make a video on repairing it? NICE!!!

Tony

Staff member
Alligator clips? Paper clips? A nail the proper size? Where there's a will, there's a way!

bigone5500

I will try mounting the dvr on top as the connector for the vtx is interfering, just as I thought it would. I may have to send this one back and get the solder pad version.

bigone5500

So. I did some work on this thing. I can get the vtx to fit but the connector sticks up into the top plate. I'm thinking that's a recipe for disaster. I will go ahead and order the one with solder pads.

15644481188542550427379354234178.jpg

Top Bottom