Quad My Next Quad

bigone5500

Sure did. Twice. After this flight, the motors weren't really that hot. Just a little warm. The sounds it was making went away for the most part.

Tony

Staff member
Try lowering the P and I together. I may be a little too high as well as P. <--- That sentence sounds really bad unless you are in this hobby lmao.

bigone5500

I did a quick search for what could be the issue. It seems that is a software filter for the gyro. Upon reading about it I learned I may need a capacitor to smooth things out. I think I have a little room left in the frame to mount it with a small freaking ugly A$$ wire tie.

Tony

Staff member
Now, get it out of horizon and put it in rate mode. Just go into the gyro and turn the accelerometer off lmao. Sounded better this time though. Might be time to do some final tuning, but you are going to have to fly a little harder than that. hehe.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I think I can help Jared. Turn off TX. Make your props are OFF for this. Go to the tab where you where, "Motor". Slide that indicator over to the right where it saids I understand the risk. Take the master slider all the way up then plug in the quad. The quad will play a musical instrument. When it's done playing, slide the master slider back down. Musical instrument plays again. When it's done, unplug the battery from the quad. The motors are now synchronize. Hope that helps.

bigone5500

I have done that once before. I have read that you really don't have to do that with dshot. But I will try it again. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Um, if you are moving the throttle, then that is normal. it will only activate two of the motors more than the other two until it knows how the quad is going to respond. If it was hovering while you were doing that, all 4 would be really close, but fluctuating.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I have done that once before. I have read that you really don't have to do that with dshot. But I will try it again. Thanks.

I have D-Shot on both of my quads and I've did it. Can't hurt even if they say don't have to do it.

bigone5500

OK. I was just curious as to why it was doing that. I was in the process of figuring out how to get my amp readout on the OSD to show correctly. Constantly shows current draw to be around 30 amps.

Stambo

Off topic but when I take a photo of my monitor the site says the file is too large for the server to process. What's up with that? Otherwise I never have any trouble.

Most version of Windows have a built in screen capture utility called "Snipping Tool".
Pretty easy to use, select what you want to capture and give it a name.
No messing with file transfers and resizing, it's saved right there on your PC.
Image quality is much better than taking a picture of a monitor.
Just type snip in the search field and it will come up.
Once you use it you will never take a pic of your screen again. :)

Top Bottom