My helicopter fleet

Tony

Staff member
Here in Oklahoma people would have been pulling out their rifles from their trucks and having dinner in an hour lmao.

Geena

Staff member
Here in Oklahoma people would have been pulling out their rifles from their trucks and having dinner in an hour lmao.
LMBO. Our filed is on County property, and hunting is a big no-no. So if they did that here, they would be eating dinner an hour later. But it would be in the Highlands County Jail...Haha

Smoggie

Deer are everywhere here in Aberdeen, my dogs are so used to them they cant be bothered chasing them anymore!.. Or maybe they figured out they run too fast?

It stopped raining here for a few hours so i took the fleet out of my man cave for a quick pick, this is what i have airworthy:
DSCN2248.jpg

Geena

Staff member
Nice fleet. I don`t see any Gaui helicopters in there though. What`s up with that? hahaha. I used to have a huge fleet too, but I`ve cut it down to three. two 700s and the X3L. I do have a bunch of decommissioned airframes left though.

Smoggie

Geena, I'm tight fisted:smug: I tend to snap up 'almost new' airframes from people who buy them then either dont build them or build them and dont fly them, most of the fleet you see came that way, and most of the components too. I'd love to add a Gaui to the fleet but the right bargain just hasn't came along at the right time. I'm probably maxed out on the big helis for now though, due to being spoiled for choice some are going un-flown for months which is a waste.

Geena

Staff member
I`m just giving a rough time about not having a Gaui. :D Having helicopter sitting and going un-flown, is the main reason I cut my fleet down to three. Now they all get a turn when I go to the field, and maintenance is a lot less work, and definitely cheaper.

Geena

Staff member
I sorta did. I left crop circles in the runway on that flight. Didn`t hurt my blades, or helicopter....but the plankers are not going to like the gouges in the runway...hahaha

Geena

Staff member
I just saw the post about the mCPx BL, and I thought it would be cool to dig my old mCPx out and take a photo of it. This is the version 1, with brushed motors. I flew this thing so much, that both motors are completely worn
out.

20170601_174846 (1024x756).jpg

Tony

Staff member
lol, I thought about cleaning mine off and seeing if it would still fly. That is a good looking little bird you got there!

Geena

Staff member
Thanks. That`s that MIA upgrade kit I was telling you about. I may try to find some motors for mine, and give it a go again. It would be a good little back yard flier.

Tony

Staff member
Or, just get an Align 150... That thing is on crack lol. Just get an upgraded frame and metal gears for the servos.

Geena

Staff member
I knew flying hard every day was going to catch me sooner or later. I wish it had been later though. I rolled my X3L over on an auto over the weekend, and main blades dug in hard. The good news is, nothing on the airframe was hurt. But one of the cyclic servos, (Futaba S3270svi) was damage. Soooo, I just ordered three BK DS-3001 servos to go on it.

It sucks, because it`s only three weeks until I leave for IRCHA. So I`m going to have to rush to get the new servos in, get the helicopter set back up, test flown and tuned before I leave on the 31st. Oh well. It could have been worse. It could have been one of the 700s...hahahaha.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm sorry to here that Geena. I hope you get your girl up and ready for the event. Good luck on both! Go show them how it's done :)

Top Bottom