My helicopter fleet

Geena

Staff member
Thanks, D.O.G. . It`s ok. I should get the new servos by Saturday, and have them installed and the helicopter set up again by Saturday night. Then I`ll get it tuned on Sunday. :) I am SO ready for IRCHA. I`m really looking forward to doing a noon demo in front of several thousand spectators. :)

Tony

Staff member
At least only a servo was hurt. Usually that would also take out the blades, main shaft and feathering shaft. But, you are upgrading to some really good servos.

Geena

Staff member
Yeah, Tony. I skated on this one, for sure. I pulled the shafts out, chucked them up in the mill, and checked them both with a dial indicator. Both straight as an arrow, so I put them back in the helicopter. Blades just got a little dirt and grass blood on them, Nothing and alcohol bath couldn`t fix. The servos that are in it now, are really good too. But I can`t find gear sets for them. I`m going to get hold of Bobby, and see if he can get me a few sets of gears for them. He flies for Futaba, so he might be able to get them for me. If he can, then I`ll rebuild all of them, and have them for backup. :D

Tony

Staff member
That would be the way to do it right there. It's nice to have friends in high places. Or in my case, friends that know friends in high places lmao.

Geena

Staff member
:chuckles::rotflmao:You guys crack me up. Here`s the plan. Install servos tonight, run wires tomorrow, set up Bavarian Demon on Friday, and fly it on Saturday.. :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I really need to teach a SERVER ADMIN FOR AN ENTIRE CITY how to save and upload a simple .gif file lmao.

Geena

Staff member
got a nice little package from Zeal Blades today. Two sets of 380mm Energy blades for the X3L, and two sets of 700mm VLS blades for the X7FZ, and NX7. I didn`t care for the prototypes of the VLS blades, because they caused bogging.....even on over powered electric 700s. But, they changed the weight, airfoil, and CG on them, and they are supposed to be really good now. So I got two sets to test on my 700 helicopters. I`ll post a report sometime on Saturday, after I`ve flown them on both helicopters.

20170713_195004 (1024x614).jpg 20170713_195017 (1024x566).jpg 20170713_195039 (607x1024).jpg

Tony

Staff member
The leading edge, is it curved, or is that just an illusion from the paint job? And the chord seems very large on those blades. Can't wait to see what you think about them.

Geena

Staff member
Please do not adjust your eyes. These blades are definitely offset..lol They also get wider from root to tip. The tips are about 2.5" wide. I hated the prototypes they sent to me to test. They were way too heavy, the CG was too far forward, and they flew awful. Everyone on the team, who has flown these, say they are great. So, I had them send me a couple sets. I`ll let y`all know what I think this Saturday. I hope I like them...I want to fly them at IRCHA next month. :D

Geena

Staff member
I flew the VLS blades today for a few flights, and they flew pretty good. Much better than the prototypes I got a couple years ago. There was no bogging at all, like there was with the prototypes, for 3D, I`m going to have to change my head gain, and do some tuning on the DB. But...I really didn`t get them to do 3D. I got them to go on a second Gaui X7FZ, which I am going to turn into a speed helicopter. I`m planning to build it some time after IRCHA, and hopefully get good at speed flying, so I can compete in the IRCHA speed cup next year.

Geena

Staff member
It`s my friend Jeff`s fault...LMBO. He had to go and get a TDR2 and let me see how fast and fun it is. Now I have to try speed. I was going to get the Gaui R5, but I want to compete in the 700 advanced class..LOL. Go big, or go home, right? Once I get the kit, I`ll start a build thread to show progress, and modifications I do to it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey there Geena. There isn't anything like the need for speed. No need to go home with your skills :)

Geena

Staff member
LOL..Thanks, D.O.G. I`ll have a whole year to get the needed practice in, and I plan to give the guys in the advanced class a run for their money. Who knows, I may even end up with a TDR2, or a TDS some day. :)

Geena

Staff member
Hi Guys. I just got back from IRCHA 2017 in Muncie, Indiana. Here are some Photos I took while I was up there. I had a great time, and the crowd seemed to like my demo flights. worked in the Gaui booth most of the time, but I was able to get out a few time, to go fly and socialize. I put the photos on my personal website, because there are just too many to post here.

images/IRCHA 2017

Top Bottom