Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

mali35

Re: Article: Learn How To Fly w/ The Rc-Help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Got ya covered there Mali, check your PM's.
Good Luck with it.

thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I've used in the construction of the plane 3mm foamboard. how much Total flying weight is made ​​of 5mm foambord ?

markkortuem

Would a hollow plastic stir stick work for strengthening the servo rods? I would think, putting a little glue on the rod and slide the stir straw onto it.

Gerald

Would a hollow plastic stir stick work for strengthening the servo rods? I would think, putting a little glue on the rod and slide the stir straw onto it.

Well it could, but it would be better to glue the straw to the plane fusalage having the plane body hold the straw firm and run the push rod thru it.
If you just want the bare push rod with no sleeve. Use a bamboo skewer and glue that to the push rod by thread wrapping the ends and some CA glue.
To make it lighter split the skewer in half lenghtwise.

Tony

Staff member
I highly advise against putting anything on the linkage rods. They are meant to bend in a crash in hopes of saving the gears in the servos. If you beefcake them up, then you are for sure going to destroy servos in a crash.

hemang

New video added to the playlist showing how to install the wing and tail feathers. Let me know what you think about the design on the plane as well.

i am hemang and i wanted to know that how did you put all that vinyl on your rc trainer

Tony

Staff member
i am hemang and i wanted to know that how did you put all that vinyl on your rc trainer

I just covered it in the vinyl. Just know though, vinyl is VERY heavy which is one reason I don't fly that plane anymore. The stars and stripes I cut on the vinyl plotter after doing a LOT of measuring and test cuts.

hi tony, can i use a 1900kv brushless motor on the rch trainer

Yup, you sure can. Just make sure it's not over 100 grams in weight. I guess you could go up to 120 grams, but I would not go over that.

gowtham02

Hi Tony
thank you for providing the plan for the tranier. I would appreciate if you have the complete parts list for this airplane including the electricals and hard ware required (such as foamboard specs etc).

thank you again.

Tony

Staff member
There should be a parts list on teh plans. They are located on Page 1. I give generic terms because there are those here in the states that may order from HobbyPartz, then those of you that are elseware in the world such as India that may order from HobbyKing or another site. Teh weight and wattage of the motor is aproximate and should give you a great starting point.

As for the rest of it, 9g servos are all pretty much the same size. I use the ones in the blue case which are about $3 each. And for control horns, you can purchase them, or just make your own from popcycle sticks. Your choice.

Hope this helps.

gowtham02

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what's the approx weight of the plane including the electronics and motor. Cos I d like to have a check before I build. Also can you please give some tips to fly this one as I am a beginner and don't know how to fly an rc. I have a 9 CH flysky transmitter and receiver.
Thanks again for the help

Derek

I don't think we have a build video on the Edge 540. I did a build video for a friend of mine but the video turned out to be a bit over an hour long. I'd be happy to share the link to the video if you are interested.

Maybe I should redo the video with less of my rambling, lol.

regme40

Re: Article: Learn How To Fly w/ The Rc-Help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Get a simulator and have a practice

Get someone to put it up and down for you and have a fly in between.

Otherwise, if your by yourself,
Give it full throttle, some up elevator, for take off.
Then back it off to say half and fly around.
Then dead stick for the landing, one less thing to worry about.

Pick a place where there is no one around, just incase it all goes pear shape after 30sec of flight time. That way you can pick up the pieces without the shame. Also make sure there are no big trees nearby, they have a way of catching your plane.

What makes the first flight hard is the sphincter factor, once your over that it's all good.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think we have a build video on the Edge 540. I did a build video for a friend of mine but the video turned out to be a bit over an hour long. I'd be happy to share the link to the video if you are interested.

Maybe I should redo the video with less of my rambling, lol.

That would be good, cheers

Derek

Personally, I wouldn't recommend the Edge 540 for a starter plane. Its a bit twitchy. If you are looking for a good starter plane, I do recommend the RCH Trainer. Its a great flyer!!!

I'll try to remember to post a link to the build video. Do me a favor...send me a PM to remind me to share the link. I'm at work right now, so I may forget.

Tony

Staff member
Hi

Just a quick one, have you posted any build tips on the Edge 540 Beta 2.0

Cheers

Unfortunately, I have not been able to get that video made. I need to as this plane is being downloaded more and more here lately, and I'm sure it's a little confusing. I will see what I can get done in the next couple of weeks. Right now, I have enough work in my garage to keep me busy for a few months. But, may have to put this in front of it just to get it done. Keep bugging me, I will get it done lmao.

Thanks for the reply. Can you tell me what's the approx weight of the plane including the electronics and motor. Cos I d like to have a check before I build. Also can you please give some tips to fly this one as I am a beginner and don't know how to fly an rc. I have a 9 CH flysky transmitter and receiver.
Thanks again for the help

I wish I had an AUW for this plane, but the only trainer I have is the V1 and it's covered in vinyl. Very heavy. As with the 540 V2, I need to do a new video on the RCH Trainer V3 since everything has changed on it. As stated above, I will see if I can work this into my schedule, and I will be posting my weight of the plane on teh plans. I will also try to include in the video, the exact electronics that I'm using. Be warned though, they will be here from the states since that is what I have on hand.

Derek

If it helps, I have started a new thread in the "Project" area of the "Airplane" section of the forum for the RCH Edge 540 Profile Plane. I did a build video, last year, on this plane. Unfortunately, due to my rambling and stuttering, the video came out to be just over 1 hour long. If you'd like, Tony, I can build another one (possibly this weekend) and I can try to make a shorter video and yet still include all that I did with my two RCH Edge 540's.

Tony

Staff member
It's all good bro. I need to make one and get it up on the RCH channel. Hell, I just need to do something RC and get back into the game lmao. I'm thinking I will go otu and get 5 or 6 sheets of board and build two planes, the trainer and the 540 and get them both on video showing what I do to build them. I will get them done, just not sure when.

Tony

Staff member
No they don't. But no one ever sees it because I spend about 3 hours editing each one lmao. I ramble on just like you say you do if not worse.

Top Bottom