1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Discussion in 'Articles Discussion' started by Tony, Jun 6, 2012.

< Blade mCP-X Rough Start & Stop (Cogging) | R/c Dictionary >
  1. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    You can use 6mm Depron without a problem. As I stated in your PM, make sure you use spars to brace it.

The difference is depron is a much stiffer foam, but because is has no paper backing on both sides, it is more fragile and will break without supports installed. If you can get 6mm Depron, it will be better in the long run with where you are located.

2. Oldensly

Oldensly Member

Blog Posts:
    RETARED
    Tony: I am having trouble with #3 wing. I removed and extra 1/4" of paper from the foamboard and it still does not want to come over like you show. What am I doing wrong??
    The plane is exceptionally well designed and shows the work that you have done.
    Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

3. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Can you post a picture, or better yet, a video, of what it is doing or not doing? I have always just removed the paper from teh inside which allows the foam to crush resulting in a smooth leading edge. Let me know what issue you are having exactly and I will help you out.

4. Oldensly

Oldensly Member

Blog Posts:
    RETARED
    Tony: I just bent the top of the wing over and it didn't break! I am totally new to foamboard and it doesn't work like anything else. Thanks for your assistance with the wing!

5. Tony

Blog Posts:
    It's my pleasure. Glad you got it bent over.

6. Mike Mais

Mike Mais New Member

Blog Posts:
  7. Tony

Blog Posts:
    Hey Mike, the first motor is a little under powered for a plane of this size. The second motor being 300 watts should do just fine though. It is a little heavy, but for the V1, which is tail heavy, can use more weight on the nose to balance out. As for an ESC, that motor is pulling 40 amps, so I would go at least 40 amps. Of course this will depend on the prop you put on the motor, which there are no suggestions.

There are also kits available on places like Banggood. Below is a link to a search on their site with some options.

motor esc combo plane - Buy motor esc combo plane with free shipping | Banggood Shopping USA

8. Mike Mais

Mike Mais New Member

Blog Posts:
    Found this motor also but I think it is going to be too heavy.
    TR2834/16 1170 KV
    I have a 40amp ESC coming.
    Mike

9. Tony

Blog Posts:
    That motor may be too small. at 26 amps running a 3s, that is around 288 watts. It may still fly the plane, but it will be doing just about all it can do to get it in the air. Once in the air, it should be fine as this plane likes to float.

< Blade mCP-X Rough Start & Stop (Cogging) | R/c Dictionary >