Learn How To Fly W/ The Rc-help Trainer. Build & Fly Guide

Sammy786

Sorry you are having issues. I just clicked on the link and didn't have an issue. Below is the direct link to the plans.

I do apologize about the video. That video was made with the V1 and we are on the V3 now. I'm trying to get time to make the video for the V3, just finding it a little hard right now.

Let me know if this works for you. If not, I will try to put it in a .zip file and see if you can download it that way. Again, sorry for the issues.

http://rc-help.com/download/RCH_Trainer_V3.1.pdf

Thank you very much. I now can download it through this link.
The foam that you have used could you please tell me the thickness of the foam?
Thank you.

Sammy786

Your the best mate you give a lot of your time for rc guys and your explanation is the best i have seen.
well done and keep it up.
So i can use 6mm Depron foam all the way?

Tony

Staff member
Yes you can, but you will need to use carbon spars on the wing and tail feathers.

And thanks for the kind words. It means a lot.

Sammy786

Look mate i just found some of the same foam board you have used here in Sydney Australia from eckersley's
but it comes in 30"x40" and cost me $15.20 a sheet but hay at lest i have it and i can copy what you have done.
Now I only bought 2 sheets of that do you think that should be enough as its bigger then the dollar tree boards
or you all think i need another sheet?
I know you have explained a dozens of time about motor esc and props but if you were to make the plane again today
what motor esc and props would you install if you have a link of a good strong motor , ESC and prop could you please
send me I'm all new and confused. servos and battery are not a problem i know about them.
Thank You for your kind help.

Tony

Staff member
If you can get it laid out right, you may get away with only two. But WOW! That stuff is expensive over there. I would cut the plans out and see if you can make it work before cutting the board.

As for the motor and such, I will try to get some links tonight. But may be a bit later than that. They are running me hard this week. I would look up the stuff here, but cell service out here is horrible. Don't let me forget though.

Sammy786

Hi tony
Thanks alot mate. Look i have been up all night trying to cut out sheets from the download you sent me the link but
for some reason its not the same as the one on the video your showing the first page is totally different the front nose of the plane is much smaller and longer on the video and on the download its larger and shorter.
It could be an upgrade of the plan but please could you send me the plans of the exact one your making on the video.
its like 7am and i started at 10pm to print out and i have a brother printer are all ok its just cause i have never build b4 and its my first time im finding it a bit confusing with the 2 different lay out on the plan.
sorry I hope i'm not asking for too much and thank you very much mate.:twothumbsup:

murankar

Staff member
Yeah the video is either the v1 or v2 version. The plans should be for the v3.

Things have been uber busy for tony and he has not made a video series for the plane yet.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Forum Runner

Tony

Staff member
es, the plane in the video is the V1 and the link is the V3. The V3 is a much better plane and doesn't have the tail heavy issues that of the V1. If you want to build the one in the video, the link is below. However, I will be more than happy to help you out building the current one. All you have to do is ask.

http://rc-help.com/download/RCH_Trainer_V1.pdf

Sammy786

Thanks tony i thought that would of been the case.
Ok i have got them stuck 2gater the first line of pages is the canopy there are red dotted and blue dotted lines do i have to fold it from red dotted line and cut the top part of the pages which is 3 pages stuck 2gater separate the top bit of the canopy from the bottom...Because on the video you have the top the bottom separate?
OR Do I cut the top bottom and sides all as one piece so the the first 3 pages that are the canopy and then the bottom 3 pages gets cut as ONE whole piece.. is there much difference between the v1 and v3 could you plz explain to me which part is different and from where its the same 'I'm sure there only some bits that are different and the rest is the same as the video.
Thank You.
:help::

Tony

Staff member
Actually, just about everything is different on the V3. I have designed the fuse to be a one piece cut out that you cut out and fold together.

If you are looking at the V3 plans, The red dotted lines are where you are going to fold the pieces together, and the blue is where you are going to make a 45º cut so that it all goes together flush.

The V3 wing is only two pieces whereas the V1 is 3 layered. On the V3 you will cut the top and bottom pieces out as one piece, remove the paper from the wing where indicated and fold it over the center piece. Once you have those two wing halves made, then putting the two together is just like in the video.

The V3 has internal tail feather servo mounting (that is what the H looking piece is). I know I have pictures of this somewhere, but I can't seem to find them. I will try to look more this weekend.

I will try to get something put together on how to assemble this plane. I know it sounds confusing now, but once I show you how to do it, it will all click. I'm just not sure when I will have time to make the videos. We just had two people quit on us at work this week and we are slammed. Well, we were slammed, now we are just screwed lol. 13 hours today, and the same again tomorrow. But just know that I am trying.

Sammy786

Thank for the quick reply i dont want you to go through much looking for it its ok you have done alot.
I was thinking i will build the v1 for now and once you make a video for the v3 i will make that.
Do you think that a better idea?
But is the v1 easy to fly cause im still learning?
When your free could you also send me the links for a good motor and ESC for the V1.
Thanks a lot i feel bad for asking for so much.
I'm look to donate some cash i don't work cause im studying but i will donate as much i can afford there is not a set price is there?

Tony

Staff member
Never apologize for asking questions on here! I created this forum to help out people that are just getting into the hobby and I"m happy to do so. So if you have a question, all you have to do is ask it and I will do what I can to help you out.

donations, nope, there is not a set amount. Anything helps, especially right now with planning new things for the site.

I have verified that the V1 link that I posted is the correct one. I thought I had labeled them "v1.1, v1.2" and so on, but I didn't. so the link is good.

The V1 is quite flyable. Set your CoG to 33% (1/3rd) chord and it should do fine. If you have not watched the maiden flight of this plane that I did, you should watch it. I had a hard time controlling the pitching of the plane, but once I got it trimmed in, it was flying really well. Of course this was early in my flying days, so my skills were not much better than yours are just starting out. So if I could fly it, you can fly it.

For a motor, I did some checking and because you are just getting into this, I wanted to keep it cheap. I am looking at HK AUS to try to save you some coinage.

Here is an 80g 1000KV motor. Put a 10x6 prop on it and you should be golden.
Turnigy 2836 Brushless Outrunner 1000kv (AUS Warehouse)

As for ESC, that motor is rated at 300w, so at a full 3s charge that motor should pull 23.8 amps. To be safe and give you some overhead, I have linked a 35a ESC. I don't know good it is, or how good the price is (your money is widely different than ours). I was trying to get the Plush for you, but they are out of stock. This one should at least work. I hope...
H-KING 35A Fixed Wing Brushless Speed Controller (AUS Warehouse)

Both of those items will also work on the V3 when you are ready. Just pair those up with some cheap $3 blue plastic gear servos (again, so stay low cost. You can get digital metal gear if you want, but then we are going to need to find an ESC with a higher BEC rating) and some rods for the linkages and you will be ready to fly in no time.

Again, let me know if you have any other questions.

Sammy786

HI
Thanks for your kind help.
The links you have posted are both for motor and I looked at hobby king couldnt find a 35A ESC cause i dont know much about them. and you mentioned to set My CoG to33% (1/3)chord I dont know what CoG is is that on my transmitter I just got my self a spektrum DX9.

Tony

Staff member
You just got a DX9? Share the wealth bro!!!! That is the Tx that I want hahahahaha.

Sorry about the link, I have fixed it and it's now pointing to the ESC I mentioned.

And CoG stands for Center of Gravity.

One thing that may help a new pilot out is the Rc Dictionary. Have a look. There are a lot of things in there that explain what different abbreviations are.

Rc-Help - R/C Dictionary

Sammy786

your a champion mate lol i thought about it if a spend my cash get dx6 i will know i have to get the dx9 in a years time so i went all in and got the dx9 thats why im trying to learn how to make my own planes cause in the past few weeks i have spend a lot of money buying foam depron and foamboard its not cheap here in Australia and all other tools i have maxed the bank caed lol.

Tony

Staff member
I know how you feel. Right now, I have just enough money to get another DX8, but I'm trying to hold out for a DX9. Might have to take the wife out to dinner and sweet talk her into an extra $300 so that I can get it. Yeah, I would "get" the Tx, but I wouldn't "get" anything else hahahahaha.

Sammy786

lol haha I told the wife once i get the dx9 thats it i wouldnt need nothing else but it took more then dinner to get the Dx9
and trust me when i got it i was doing back flips its the best thing i have ever got.
See for me its hard cause I'm studying no income until i finish my studies so the dx9 was a BIG call.
With the CoG I dont know how to set that or where to set it from is there anything in the forum regarding that?

Tony

Staff member
To set CoG, you will first need teh plane together with ALL electronics in it. Then, measure the wing front to back and multiply by .33. This is the distance you need to measure back from the leading edge of the wing and mark on the under side of the wing. With everything on and ready to fly, put your fingers on the marks (close to the fuse) and see if it balances. If not, move the battery tray and try again. Make sure to NOT glue in the tray until AFTER you are done with teh CoG settings. Once you have a good CoG, then you can glue it in.

Top Bottom