450 HK450GT (Align SE V2)

murankar

Staff member
Even with good servos and gyro I made sure all of that was done. When I had that Jr tail gyro and those Savox servos things just seemed so much better. Of course I did not have that tail gyro for very long after I got the Protos. I just wished I had the Vbar on the Protos with better radio gear.

Tony

Staff member
Oh trust me, it never hurts to do a hover and get the rate mode hold close. But if you think about it, any time the throttle goes up or down, it's going to change that setting. It just won't be as drastic as this one was.

murankar

Staff member
I was under the impression that the better your rate mode is the more efficient head hold is. I could be wrong. I was thinking that the head hold does not have to work as hard to keep the tail locked in and the nose on heading.

Tony

Staff member
Still a little binding but I'm tired. Here is the final head. It was missing a screw... More on that tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

murankar

Staff member
throw some tri flow on the main shaft. It will help protect it some plus reduce and any draging there might be. I had to oil the main and tail shafts on the gobby. Once I did they freed right up. Ofc ourse I didnt have any binding just dry metal on dry metal.

Tony

Staff member
I run liquid graphite on teh shafts. That old one was a shaft from HK. Very soft metal and very horribly polished. The Align shaft will be much more smooth. Now I just need to get the binding out of the links and the mixing arm bearings. Oh, and I need to rebuild the head and grease the thrust bearings. Once I get some new servos for this thing, it's going to be a very solid bird. At this time, I see no need to upgrade to Align CF blades, or spin or any of the others. These will do fine for what I do. But, with these crap servos, I'm going to constantly be fighting hard collective changes (like when I almost plowed it into the ground) and the slop makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do anything inverted. Once you go inverted, the entire helicopter setup changes because of the slop.

Tony

Staff member
It's starting to. I'm looking for a black tail boom and black rear block for it now as well as black skid pipes. Might be a challenge lol.

Tony

Staff member
Sometimes, you just don't want to know the truth.

When I put the head on last night, I felt some binding that I figured was the bearings in the mixing arms and I also felt some grit in the blade grips. So this morning, I decided to tear into the head and find out what was up. I figured I would start with the thrust bearings since they are pretty easy. Or so I thought.

This head was in a crash and the first thing I found out is the feathering shaft is bent. I'm like whatever, I have more, somewhere... The second thing I found out is, I can't get one of the thrust bearings out. When it was in a crash, the blade bent back and bent the aluminum virtually locking everything inside the head. I can take a file to it, but that will put metal shavings into the bearings and that will destroy them.

Thankfully, I have another set of blade grips. But I really don't want to put them on... But will do what I have to do. I'm in no hurry though, this bird is not going in the air until I get new servos. I'm not going ot crash this helicopter because the servos are crap.

image1.JPG
image2.JPG
image3.JPG

image1.JPG

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Tony

Staff member
Looks like I don't have a choice but to use the other grips. Just found a very bad bearing in the grips. suck.

trainrider06

Well hell! That sux swamp water! I have a set of grips but they have the same issue, well one of em does, I may have some bearings to fit those too, but don't have the spacer thingy that's required in there with em.

Tony

Staff member
I was finally able to get the bearings out. I just stuck an allen wrench in there and pried up virtually cutting off that sliver. That is when I found the bad bearing and the bent shaft.

It's no worry, I have the parts around here somewhere, I just have to find them lmao. And that can prove to be a chore. I have stuff in multiple rooms in my house, also in my studio (2 car garage) as well as in my barn and in "the hole" where I used to have my desk setup.

Oh yeah, and the flybar rod is bent lmao. I expected that though.

I will get it there, it's just going to take some time. I need to hear back from my vendor on those servos to see if that deal is going to happen or not. I have a couple requests in with them right now and one Hex on the way to me for review (not going to go well because I didn't realize it didn't come with a camera...).

Tony

Staff member
This company is KILLING ME!!! I want my servos but they are on backorder. Every time I look under my desk, I see this poor helicopter just wanting to fly. And it can not fly without those servos!!! I took the feathering shaft out of the Tarot head to use for now, but dammit I want to fly!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to be more specific, I want to fly THIS helicopter because it poses a challenge. My 450 Pro V2, not a challenge. It just flies lmao.

murankar

Staff member
Dude if you would have said something like 2 months ago you could have had three KST DS 215 MGs. I sent them to superbad because he needed them. plus with all that he has done for me it was the least I could do. They could have been yours. Now I dont have any servos to give. well I have 3 Savox at the house but one is burned up. Other than that I dont have anything for ya.

Last edited:

Lillyryan

Good to see the old girl in the air. I don't know who sent you the head but it wasn't me mate. I'm sat here looking at my old sev2 now and it's still got its head lol. Only sent gyro, esc (told you it was cr.p) and motor. Got cyclic servos still on mine but I'm unsure of condition or what they are as the stickers have come off. I got this model from somebody at the club and I think it has had a hard life. Only flew it a few times.

Tony

Staff member
I could have sworn you sent it to me lol. Guess not. It's all good though. One of these days it will all be done and I will have a great flying bird. Thanks for the comments.

Top Bottom