450 HK450GT (Align SE V2)

KLA

Well that kinda sucks. But, that should solve your problem. Even though the swash is level and you have zero pitch at mid stick, you also have to have the swash at the center of travel. Lime you said you have s lot of negative pitch but at full positive the washout block hits the head, so obviously the swash isn't centered. Whenever you find your charger, legnthen the upper swash links and shorten the swash to servo links til the swash is at center of travel and you should have equal amount of positive and negative pitch.

Tony

Staff member
What I'm worried about it not having enough threads in those links. These are chinese (tarot) so they are not that long on the plastic ends. So I may run out of threads before I can get it where I want it.

Tony

Staff member
Possibly. They are the ones that came on it. I just need to get a new Align head for it. And frame, and tail block. I found tail grips for it that are align new in the package. Forgot I had those. I also have an Align swash, Align main blade grips, align mixing arms, Align washout arms, the teeder todder that the flybar goes through (not the cage), solid align links, tail 90º linkage (tail rotor control). So I have a few parts for it, but I need the align main shaft, flybar, flybar cage, head block and metal links. but, no money lol.

KLA

I think I have an extra Align main shaft. I'll have to dig thru my parts and see if I still have it. If I do have an extra one, it's yours if you want it.

Tony

Staff member
For this POS I will take anything Align lol. However, I have posted a thread on losing my DX9 charger.

Tony

Staff member
If you want to see the issues I'm having with this thing, they are all right here in this video. The head has slop that I can't get rid of, the tail is HORRIBLE and I so want to retire this thing lol.

But, Rodney is sending me some things for it. I said "can't get the gyro here fast enough" and I meant the ESC. No soft start is complete suckage, especially the curves I fly.

Have a watch and let me know your thoughts. It's a little long but that is just the way my videos are lmao.

Align SE V2 Flight HK450GT - YouTube

Tony

Staff member
Charging a 2200mah 3s pack that is puffed at 6 amps just to try to get one more flight in today... What could possibly go wrong...

trainrider06

Ok pal I couldn't stand watching that pitiful heli!
So here is what I'll do, I'll see about getting those servo's you were watching, if the bid gets past some new EMax D09's I'll order 3 of those. Hopefully with the servo change, and ESC that should be there Friday you can get that little B*** going! Lol
You should be impressed with those EMax servo's if I have to get those, really, I had a set on my old HK 450 SE pancaked it upside down bent frame, main shaft, and those servo's I put on one of my Align 450 Pro FB heli's I had and they performed like a champ! Metal gear and digital, actually pretty decent speed on em too!

Tony

Staff member
I was just about to post up on what happened yesterday. I will post it anyway lol.

So I"m trying to get this helicopter perfect in the air and I'm doing everything I can. As you know, I redid the links on the head and got everything back to where it should be with better positive pitch. So I pick out a random battery pack and go out to give it a test flight (I was checking delay in the gyro to try and get that rudder to stop moving). So I spool it up and try to get into the air. Even at full pitch with full throttle and over 12º of pitch, it just sat there on the pad. :wtf:

So I shut it down and walk over there. I hit TH and I move the stick. THERE IS NO MOVEMENT TO THE SWASH!!! Nothing is moving. I try to "help" it move, nothing. So I unplug the heli and I "MAKE" it move. Something broke free and it started moving but was gritty as hell. I swear if it's not one thing with this friggin helicopter, it's another. Guess that is what I get for trying to cheap out on parts.

As for what you posted Rodney, Dude, you don't have to do any of that. The ESC's were awesome, you certainly don't have to do the head let alone the servos. I do still have my Align Pro V2 that is sitting in the case, this helicopter is just my flybar heli that I use for various reasons when I want to show something with a flybar. I will not say no if you want to do this, but you don't have to do this lol.

trainrider06

We need to get the Evil outta that poor little heli! Lol
Maybe get a priest over there perform an exorcism on it!
In the meantime, you should probably start taking parts off it, so the new ones can be installed!

Tony

Staff member
It's the curse of the clone, I swear. Clones HATE me! My Align 450 Pro V2 is PERFECT! Even after selling it and that owner smacking it into the ground who knows how many times, then he sells it to another person (not sure if he crashed it) then I get it from him (circle of life). The thing is perfection in the air. But, there is not a clone part one on it. Mass power, perfect servos (Align 410M / DS520) and it just works. The 600, everything is Align. Bird flies with perfection. Align 150, perfection! HK450GT with everything I can think of Align except for a few pieces... Horrible.

So sitting here thinking about what I need to make this thing a FULL ALIGN helicopter I'm going to need the following...

1. Align Main Frame
  2. Align Tail Block (Rear)
  3. Align Tail slider
  4. Align Tail Links
  5. Align Tail Control Rod
  6. Align Head Assy.
  7. Align One Way Bearing Set
  8. Align Cyclic Servos (Just checked, not been bid on again with 19 hours to go. Time for a snipe)
  9. Align Skids
  10. Align Canopy (I think these XCanopy ones I have here from NexRC will work, but they are for a Pro)
  11. Align blades (Main & Tail)

That is my list right now. I didn't include anything about the motor or ESC since the motor is scorpion and I have an Align motor and will shortly have an ESC. I didn't say anything about the tail grips since I have a set of weighted Align tail grips. The canopy is where I'm going to run into issues. I'm running a modified Pro canopy on this helicopter because I HATED the way the SE V2 canopy looked. It was VERY LOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG. But with the Pro canopy, I had to modify the frame and drop the battery down about 5/8". I can't do this to an Align frame lmao. Maybe I will use my stock Align Pro V2 canopy that has been beat to hell and back on it.

Anyway, that is my list of crap this helicopter needs. And some day, I need to make an order and get some new gears for it. I know others have offered to send me gears, but man I really love these helical cut gears. lol. So much quieter and don't strip as easy. Hell, I stripped these with a loose motor with a loose pinion and a loose main shaft and I'm still using it lmao.

trainrider06

The HK 450 SE I had flew pretty nice, except for the plastic tail case breaking and causing an involuntary invert about 10 feet off the ground! She went hard in the ground with positive pitch being applied lol!

Tony

Staff member
I have done that with a micro before lmao. Didn't end well. Have not done it with anything large though.

Tony

Staff member
Doing some more checking, my flybar cage is not balanced. It falls to one side. And not like a paddle is too heavy or not centered, it falls the OTHER way, to the side... And the rod is not bent. This means one of the sides has more metal on it than the other one in the cage. ugh...

Tony

Staff member
So I received the package today from an awesome member here and I have some choices. First and most important choice is what esc to go with. Align or Castle. Neither should need programming so both should be ready to go. They both have virtually the same footprint. And compared to the purple monster, they are quite small.

I have included some pictures of the escs. What one would you put on???

image.jpg
image1.JPG

image.jpg

image1.JPG

Top Bottom