450 HK450GT (Align SE V2)

Tony

Staff member
Castle it is. And not because you said to. Turns out, Align uses 2mm bullets. I forgot about that. So I put the castle ESC with the Scorpion motor and I'm going to put the Align ESC with the Align motor. Too bad it's not 6s compatible... Anyone want to trade? :biggrin1: :chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
And I want a server that runs smoothly and has no issues, same with this friggin helicopter. I guess we are both ish out of luck!!! lmao.

Tony

Staff member
Video to come. Did the helicopter survive the slow ass cyclic servos.... That is the question...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh hell yeah you need some new cyclic servos. You came close to the ground. Gartt.com has KST 215MG servos for like $21.88 each with their 15% discount. Their not Align servos but they work fine for me. Just a thought. That was nice of Rodney to help you out.

Tony

Staff member
For some reason when I came down (I hit negative pitch coming down to see what it would do), I hit hard positive collective and the damn thing just banked to the right. I had full positive collective and full left cyclic just to bring it out of it. I thought it was a goner.

And yes, him sending me this stuff was awesome. This bird as never been this stable. On this bird, I have to thank Rodney and LilyRyan on here. Ryan provided the Scorpion motor and the Tarot head. He has provided the purple ESC as well, but that thing just wasn't cutting it.

And those servos are a little rich for my blood. There was an auction for 3 DS410m's and an Align swash that I missed out on because of lack of money. And everything sold for something like $34.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Oh hell yeah you need some new cyclic servos. You came close to the ground. Gartt.com has KST 215MG servos for like $21.88 each with their 15% discount. Their not Align servos but they work fine for me. Just a thought. That was nice of Rodney to help you out.

Opps $23.80 each, sorry

Tony

Staff member
I always knew you were an old fart. Just didn't know you were that old of a fart. Extremely fermented is what you are.

Watching this video, I'm almost ready to try those emax servos. Almost...

murankar

Staff member
Hey that mechanical setup on the tail needs dialed in a bit. With that much drift your rod is either to long or to short. Plus you may need add some gain to the rate mode. DO the rod first because that drift is due to a bad mechanical setup.

Tony

Staff member
It's doing that because I have the tail setup completely centered (no pitch on the blades). With a good gyro and servo, you don't need to do the rate mode setup. But on a cheap servo, you do (which is why the cheap servo I had on it had that issue). As you saw, in HH, that tail was locked in solid.

Top Bottom