Prop F7F Tigarcat.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
WOW thats coming awesome Breeze!Its great your taking your time doing it right.I check out the above link and i think the F7F is an incredible plane and probably my new favorite twin engine.The fuselage reminds me of some jet i just cant think of but i,ll find.I cant believe i,ve never seen or heard of this incredible plane.

Thanks zapster! Well to tell you the truth, before about a year and a half ago or so I've never heard of an F7F Tigarcat before either! Lol I thought I was pretty knolageabull about WW2 planes too!

Quick history on the pane you might understand what happened to her. Grumand was
awarded a contract in 41 to develop the first twin engine fighter bomber plane to be flown off an aircraft carrier. By 43 the first planes started coming off the assembly lines. I
guess the development of the plane was a little slow. The Navy was developing a larger
carrier for these planes with the war and everything, well you know. The ordinal contract was for 500 planes. The end of the war came along and the order was cancelled. The jet
age was apron us. They had some problems with the tail hook so a very few were built with tail hooks. The bulk of these planes went to the Marines. Only a little over 100 were made. The plane saw some limited combat during the Korean war. Most were used in aerial reconises. The planes wre scraped in lue of faster jets! Although they flew at about 450 or so mph. Most of the survivors went to the California forest service and were used for fighting forest fires had air tankers. Up until very recently only 6 were left that were air worthy. Two more were put back into the air last summer for a total of 8 out of 100.
There are a few scattered around in museums. Not flyable. These planes are used in air races mostly. This is just an incredabull plane that never saw it's full potential has a
combat assault plane! You can look allot of this stuff up just about anywhere. Check out the Navel Air Museium web sight out. There is one there on display. And it was flown in there! It was one of the forest services plane.

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:emohi::hdbng::wave:

Today I had A little time to work on my baby. Got the chokes figures out. Got one choke mounted and working. Im working out some detailes on the fuel tanks now. Got to mount them and run all the lines and all that stuff! LOL Some more fabracation to do! LOL Oh well!.

1211112331.jpg
Hear you see the choke rod sticking out of the engine pod. Push in , choke off. Pull out and choke on.

1211112331a.jpg
Hear you see the wood bell crank mount I had to make along with the choke rods I fabracated going th the engine.

1211112332.jpg
Hear is A shot of both the choke and the throdle rods. the opening in the center is where the fuel tank goes.

1211112332a.jpg
The throdle servo!

1211112333.jpg
Finealy the back of the engine where the carb in mounted with the rods hooked up.

After I get all this figured out I have th fabracate and assemble the other engine pod! LOL WORK WORK WORK!!!

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

1211112331.jpg

1211112331a.jpg

1211112332.jpg

1211112332a.jpg

1211112333.jpg

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looking good Breeze. Take your time, spring is 3 months away. Are those engines gas, two stroke or four stroke?

Gas motors! Two stroke. Most of the time building is going into figuring out how to do things like that. LOL. Next is the gas tanks. One I get those figured out the other engine pod should go together fast!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys! I know I haven't updated this tread in a long time. Since last December. So much going on. No time far anything. Lol. Well I have a backup of projects going on so I've decided to finish up the f7f and get her off my workbench and get her up in the air! I'll be updating has I get going again. I was flying over the weekend so I have the bug again! Ha ha ha ha!:anonymous:

murankar

Staff member
And that would be air time that wouldn't need lubrication every ten flights. Look at the money you save.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Time time time, I need to retire! Lol but then I couldent afford this hobby! I'd probublly would have to use extra lub on the truck anyway!

Top Bottom