Prop F7F Tigarcat.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:emohi:

Well I'm working A little today on my F7F project. Trying to find out about Props. :hmmm: I have for engines, A pair of DLE 20 gas motors. I want to run scale props for this plane. Witch are 3 blade props. The recomended prop sizes are, 14x10, 15x8, 16x6, 16x8, and 17x6. What 3 bladed props would be comprable? The local hobby shop here says either 15x7 or 16x8. They recomended the 16x8's because anouther builer is going threw the same think kinda but with 2 blade props. His engines are running to high of RPM's with the smaller props. What do y'all think?

:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Tony

Staff member
Pete would be the man to ask on this one. His B-25 is running dual 3 blade props, but I'm not sure what the size or pitch is on them. He is in Cali right now, but should be back in a week or so. I know that doesn't help much now, but it's the best I can do. I have no clue about any of this stuff.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Pete would be the man to ask on this one. His B-25 is running dual 3 blade props, but I'm not sure what the size or pitch is on them. He is in Cali right now, but should be back in a week or so. I know that doesn't help much now, but it's the best I can do. I have no clue about any of this stuff.
:confusion::confusion::confusion:
Ok. Well if you don't forget, ask him when he gets back. Like I said I'm dumbfounded too when it comes to this stuff. I can tell you all day long about boat props. But RC props?:lol::lol::lol: I've got a little time before the build begins but, I'm trying to get all this little stuff together now before the retracts come in.
:buttkick::wiggle::banana:

Tony

Staff member
I would start building it now. the props will be one of the last things you put on that plane. And the retracts are towards the end as well. You can make a stand to set this plane on and get all of the electronics installed, motors installed, all of the wires and fuel lines run, everything but the props and retracts. Once the retracts come in, you will just flip the plane over and install them and plumb them in. and the props just screw on. That is what I would do just to get it done faster.

And I'm sure that Pete will see this thread when he gets back. but I will let him know if I see him.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:lol:Well that's kind of the plan man. :agree: next weekend I have to build a shelf under one of my train tables. I should have enough left over wood to build a cradle for the f7f. Then the build begins!:thinkerg: in the meantime, I want to get all these things put together. I'm sure I'll have to experiment with props anyway. I bought a pair of 15x8s to break in the motors. 2 blades that is.
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

RandyDSok

Double check the info for mounting the retracts and the required gear... if they are using pneumatics... then you need to be able to mount the air tank inside the plane somewhere which may be tough if its already built up.

Randy

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

Well guys I've simply have to vent. I'm completely disgusted!!!:disgust::disgust::disgust:
I get a e mail from TBM today. Telling me that #1 and 2 containers are in from China. I'm like YE HA! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: I call them up. I said are my retracts in? They said oh! Did anyone tell you that they changed the retracts from air operated to electric? I said no! Oh your retracts are not on these containers. I said WHAT!!! They said they won't be on the next container (#3) either! They are supposed to be in on container #4 due in late FEBUARY next year!!!:argue::argue::argue: I said #{%*>|{%€++€%}#>}\!! they said we are sorry! I said }*%{]#^^###%*+^#!! long story short I'm not the only one waiting for these!!! Let us check into it and we will call you Monday. Maybe we can get them for the #3 container due in late next month!! I am {#%#%*%}{*{ off!!

Next problem. What about the gear doors, they are air operated. We don't know! Is it a little redundant to have two systems on board to operate both. Well ya! Now what!:hmmm::hmmm::hmmm: what am I supposed to due now. I don't know!!! Well there are different solutions to the gear door problem. MORE MONEY to solve. I may even have to buy a 8 Chanel TX to do this. I don't know. One reck told me I would have to get a I forget what he called it but basically times the gear door to open and close at the right time synched to the gear going up and down. He is going to research it over the weekend try to solve this problem cause he has lots of customers in the same boat has I am!!!

Sorry guys but :rant::rant::rant: :pissed-off::pissed-off::pissed-off:

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I would be telling them where they can put the retracts and make sure they know that their name would be trashed on the internet. This is unacceptable behavior on their part. When I promise something to someone, I deliver or I have a damn good excuse why. They are just sounding lazy. There are others out there that make these retracts. I would be looking into another company if this were my plane. Even if I had to modify the plane to accept them.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I wish I could afford to go with Robards. Put it this way. $800/900 versus $170. What would you do? I mean I can afford to buy things but that's a little much even fir me to afford. All I can do at this point is wait till Monday and see what they come up with.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
That's it exhackly! They are the one who regulate this not the distributers! Believe me I've been getting all kinds of apologies all day long! I'm not sure if I mentioned this but there was a very nice aluminum wheels I mean nice. Replaced with a cheep plastic wheel! Weight is what they said. Now I can still get the nice wheel if I want to pay for them. TBM said they will work with me on that! I mean just think of it has a stock steel wheel on your car versus a nice chrome or aluminum wheel! I can't wright on here what I'm thinking at this moment!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:excitement::excitement::excitement:

Well got the F7F out of the box last night! Figure it's time to get going on it even though I won't have retracts for god knows how long! I'm going to build a cradle today to hole the plane while I'm building it. I'll post pics later today when I get the camera downloaded. I've got to run to the store right know for dinner! :lol::lol::lol: man is it massive. It covers the top of my work bench and hangs over the sides! Defiantly cool!
:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well it's official now. I won't get my retracts till next Feb. Oh well. One of the techs I have been talking to is going to send me plans for a way to temporarily install the stock gear so that I can remove them when and if I ever get the retracts. This way I can build the plane and possibly fly her yet before the end of the year! There is nothing I can do. I even called Robards today and they do not make retracts for my plane. Hmmmm!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I just ordered the gear doors and a gear door sequencer for my plane. The sequencer sequences the gear door open and closed when you operate the retracts. Also the tech i've been talking to is trying to assemble a set of retracts for me out of a half set he has in his shop. He has the 2 rear wheels but is missing the nose wheel gear. So I am crossing my fingers and toes that he can come up with something. Let's hope!!!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:drool::drool::drool:

Hear it is un boxed!!! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: In all her glory!

092.jpg270.jpg271.jpg272.jpg273.jpg

I hope next week I can have some assembly done! :hdbng::hdbng::hdbng:

PS incase your wondering thats two 60 by30 work benches clamped together!

092.jpg

270.jpg

271.jpg

272.jpg

273.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom