Prop F7F Tigarcat.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, has I sit here pondering in the middle of moving to A new house. I'm thinking of my next project I'm going to start it in A few weeks. I'm building A ESM F7F Tigarcat twin engine mid 40's fighter. Not A very well known air plane. The oridgnial order was for 500 of these monsters, they only produced about 100. It's A great plane. It just came into being at the end of WW2 and the beginning of the jet age. Hence not A well known plane. Anyone can go to u tube and punch it in and get A real appreciation of American engineuity. This plane rips through the air at just under 500 mph. Not hard to achieve with 2800 hp engines. It's used quite A bit in air races. Although there are only 8 of these planes in flyable condition, that's up from 4 last year when I first found out about this plain on u tube.

This project is going to take all winter to do. It has 13 servos to run all the flying surfaces and retracts. A 7 Chanel radio. I've got A pair of DLE 20s to run her. I'm hopping to have the fuselodge together with the retracts for the September air show at the Niagara falls air base but I don't think so. But it will be together for my clubs March mall show. LOL.

This model has a 83" wingspan, and is 74" long. Has anyone hear ever tackled A project this big? Any tips to make this easer for me will be appreciated and used by me.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
My first question is, what are you going to build it out of, and/or is it a kit?

It is A kit from ESM (Ever Soaring Models). You can see A video on the kit at Troy Built Models.
Giant Scale RC Model Airplanes, Jets, Warbirds, Servos, Accessories, Pilot-RC, ESM, Fly Eagle Jets and more! Go to the search engine and put in f7f. It will come up. If you want to see the product overview, go to u tube search tbm f7f and you will see the video. I just found out the video is no longer on TBM's sight but you can find it on u tube.

I bought my kit from ARF Pro's. There are more videos of the model flying there and on u tube. All you have to do is look. LOL or ha ha ha ha.

Tony

Staff member
Now that is a great looking plane. I would build it, and just sit it in the garage lol. I don't think I would want to fly it because if I crashed it, it would suck hard hahahahaha.

As for putting it together, I think it will be pretty simple actually. Most of the work is already done for you. I don't think you will have a problem.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I've got A pair of DLE20's to power her they are gas. I'm told thar she will be fast and furious with this combo. LOL

Tony

Staff member
just looked them up hehe, you shouldn't be short on power, and that thing should sound sweet.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I'll probublly order the servos next week. And the retracts a week later. Then I'll start the assembly. Provided I don't crash another heli! LOL.

zapster

I cant wait to see a plane that i have never seen be for make sure to post pics, have fun building and fly fast man

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If it crashes I'll cry! Hell I could mount a small bomb underneath? Fill it with paint. That would be fun. Mount a camra on her with gun sights to aim. LOL could be interesting! Ha ha ha ha.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Zapster, just look on u tube. There are lots of videos there to see on the f7f. From models to the real plain!

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Hi guys, just thought I'd update you on the f7f project. I just ordered the servos for the plane. 13 of them. They are HG 151 MG's. They are rated at 237 oz-in @ 6v. Metal gear hi torque and analog. I got them for 13 bucks apiece. That's $198.00 with shipping. All I have to do is come up with another $200.00 for the retracts and gear doors, then I can start the assembly. I wonder how much the glue and the rest of the stuff required for assembly will cost? Hmmmm. lol It's only money! Hahahaha.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
New update. I talked to the people at ARF Pro's today. They are the supplier for ESM models here in the us. They are putting together my order for retracts, gear doors, and a american pilot. They are going to e mail me tonight and let me know if they have everything. If they do, I'll call them Monday and order them. Then the fun begins. The building. I guess I'd better get off my but and get my RC work bench ready! Lol. I'll add pics has I go along.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, now a new update. Hmmmm. I was waiting all weekend for a email from ARF Pro's. Did not get one. Hmmmm. So I called them this morning. They said they sent me a email. May be a glitze or could have ended up in my spam box. Don't know. Long and short of it. No retracts. I have to wait till end of sep. Or middle of oct. They are not shur. Another hmmmm. If you run a business you should know when your orders are expected I would think. I called Troy built models they told me end of sep. Of well not much I can do about it. Can't get started on the f7f till I get landing gear. :disillusionment: :suspicion:

Top Bottom