Prop F7F Tigarcat.

Whirlybird

Looks great, Sam :hdbng:

My dad built a boat with some friends in his younger days. They had to take out a garage wall to get it out :yikes:

At least you can take the wing off :)

Whirlybird

She is looking great Sam :hdbng: Nice proceedure on mounting the engines :)

PS: I'm a retired union painter . . . you did good on mixing the red :arms:

Last edited:

Lee

Dude that thing is mahoooosive :D the video glasses seem to be good quality, and the date stamp is so small i wouldn't worry about it.

Tony

Staff member
Yup, they seem to be doing good in low light as well. One place where these cameras suck at. Plane is looking good though Sam.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Yup, they seem to be doing good in low light as well. One place where these cameras suck at. Plane is looking good though Sam.

Thanks Tony! All I have for light in my work area is A 4' flooresent light over my wook bench. The other two benches have no light over them! LOL So the glasses seam to do A good job. I just have to figure out how to change the time and date stamp! LOL.

Tony

Staff member
You have to upload a small file to the card then turn it on. I have the file somewhere, just have to find it.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Well, now, I'm at a stoppage trying to figure a few things out. There is not enough room in the servo trays for the elevator servos for the servos I have. Hmmmm!!! They hit towards the front of the elevator. Not sure if I want to cut away some of the wood inside the wing or not. I'm thinking that it will weeken my wing. It's right on the leading edge of the wing. Not sure even if there is enough wood there to make a difference. I might have to use micro servos in there. But I need at least 100 oz in servos. Any suggestions?

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:scratchchin::scratchchin::scratchchin:

Well been working on this servo problem with my elevator! Again I have to thank my girlfriend with this one. :thumbsup: She notist that the openings in the wings for the servo trays were about 10 CM too short from front to back! I had to open them up so thay the trays would lie down flush with the wings. Even doing that I still had to chanfer the servo blocks to clear the narrow side of the wing. I remembered that the original servo blocks were chanfered. you know the ones i misplaced! :lol: the ones that will show up after i finish the build! :lol: I havent taken pics yet cause I did not put together enough to make A video. I did mount the retracts in the engine pods though. I had to locktite all the screws just like in heli applications. That took A while to do too. I started makeing servo extentions up. I went to the hobby store yesterday on the way home from work. I wanted to buy A servo driver. This way I can work the servos and check for throw and rubbing. They sold there last one a few days ago. :hmmm: So now I can't check my servo extentions that I'm makeing up. Can't glue the tail together till I test everything first. No way to get your hand into the fuse to un hook servos if there is a problem! OH WELL I'l get some shots next weekend till then see you!

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Hi guys! I haven't had much time to work on my F7F project the last few weeks. But I've been off since tuesday so, I got quite A lot done. Nothing that A video or Pics would do any good with though. :lol: Ive got all the wing servos in and working The elevator is ready to glue on. the main wings are done. Now I'm working on throttle linkages. I was going to get the fuel cells done last night. Found out my LHS sold me the wrong size fuel line. :hmmm: I'm trying to figure out how to install the ckoke linkages. Got to do that before the fuel cells go in. Engines are right up against the firewalls so no room to get at the chokes after the cells go in. I'm going to do A manuel choke system rather than A servo system cause I would need A 9 channel tx.Unless santa is real nice to me this year and I get the DX8 that I want my DX7 will have to do! :lol: Wireing is A nightmare! :lol: Two engine systems, Reciever system, so far I think I can get away with two matchboxes, (one for the elevator and one for the flaps) and four bateries. I've got four on off charge switches to install. One on each engine pod. two on the fusealoge. (One for the reciever and one for the matchbox for the flaps) I'm running 4.8v bateries for the engines and 6v bateries for the servos! One 6v batery for the flap matchbox and A Li Ion with A regulator for the rest of the servos. Well If I get the engine pods done next week I should have some good pics then. Don't know though. Our first indoor fly is sat so I might do that! :lol:

I hope all has A great Thanksgiveing. Thal to youall soon!

:biggrin1::drools::whistle:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
dude Wheres the pictures of this plane ? or am i lost as usual ? ? ? ? ?

Dude, if you go back to post 63 you will find A link to my last video! Also if you go back through the tread you will find pics. I did not do anything worth takeing pics of this week. I just did some wiring and servo installs. Work on my engines everything you can see in pics I allready posted!

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
F7F 015.jpg
Tail and rudder ready to be guled on
F7F 016.jpg
Wing ready to be glued on
F7F 017.jpg
Servo tray. Wireing needed
F7F 018.jpg
Main wing sextion ready to go on
F7F 019.jpg
Engine Pod Needs A lot of work yet
F7F 014.jpg
Wing ready to be glued on
Just for you Zapster! LOL. Need to finish both engine pods then I can glue everything together! LOL

F7F 014.jpg

F7F 015.jpg

F7F 016.jpg

F7F 017.jpg

F7F 018.jpg

F7F 019.jpg

Last edited:

RCD

Glencairn Drone
that plane is looking incredible! When will the maiden be? It seems like this is a long project. :)

Tony

Staff member
She is looking great. I would be putting a lot of time in on the sim, and making some foam planes and flying the crap out of them before I tossed that puppy in the air... Can't wait to see it though.

zapster

WOW thats coming awesome Breeze!Its great your taking your time doing it right.I check out the above link and i think the F7F is an incredible plane and probably my new favorite twin engine.The fuselage reminds me of some jet i just cant think of but i,ll find.I cant believe i,ve never seen or heard of this incredible plane.

Top Bottom