1. If you would like to get rid of these banners and the ads within the posts, all you have to do is sign up and they will go away!
  2. Welcome to Rc-Help, are you here looking for the PDF Plans? They are located in the store in the tab above, but you must be signed in to access that part of the site. It only takes a second to sign up!
  3. Like Us On Facebook!
    Hello Guest, it occurred to us during that last server failure that we had no way of informing the members of the site of the failure and I would like to invite you to like us on facebook so that you can get updates if the site happens to go down again. We don't post much over there unless we are updating the members so we will not flood your feed like some places do. Just click on Like and then allow notifications and that's it. See you there soon!

Click Here To Rc-Help's Facebook page!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, I see you are not signed up on our forum yet. Did you know Registration is FREE and is only a couple clicks away? You can even sign in from Facebook, Twitter or Google+ for your convenience! So what are you waiting for, CLICK HERE to join in on the conversation!

Spektrum DX6 Binding Problem

Discussion in 'Transmitters & Receivers' started by Heliman450, Aug 20, 2016.

< Dx6, 8 Or10? | Turnigy9x V2 Low Battery Indicated When It's Not Low >
  1. Heliman450

Heliman450 I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    OK guys, I give up!

I have updated the firmware in the functioning Tx. and tried all ways round to get a successful bind with no success. Tomorrow, I'm taking it to the guys at my local hobby store.

I also had great trouble getting a bind using my own JR Tx. but did eventually succeed. I checked out the manuals for the DX6 and the AR7200BX, but neither present anything, which I can use to explore new avenues. Currently, I'm charging the Tx. batteries to have one final try before tomorrow. The heli battery is also fully tanked up so no problem there.

One last thing that I did notice (although I need help from someone with a perfectly functioning DX6) is that the five bars on the front don't light up when I enter the system mode or when going through the binding process. However, they do when I enter the normal mode.

If someone can tell me whether the bars should light up during the bind process at least I have another possibility to explain the failure.

2. D.O.G.

D.O.G. I Support Rc-Help! Rc-Help Supporter Goblin 380 Supporter

Blog Posts:
    Disable
    If I'm correct, URI had the same problem and he had to send the TX to get fixed. That could explain the failure. Maybe URI can explain his problem but I think is the same thing that you are having with the lights.

3. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Phil,

I just checked on my DX18. The bars only light up when the Tx is transmitting RF at full power. in bind mode they go out and only come back on once the bind is complete (or if it fails). So it sounds like the behaviour you are seeing is normal.

Shame we werent close because between my pile of receivers and our transmitters I'm sure we could narrow the issue down.

4. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi Steve,

Thanks for this feedback to give me a heads-up on the LED's. I don't understand why even my own JR Tx. has had so much trouble binding. I even looked into the gyro instructions to see if there might be anything to help, but unfortunately not.

I'll Talk to the local guys and if it costs money then maybe a replacement Tx. is his only answer.

Cheers!

5. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi all,

Both Tx.'s are on their way to be checked out. The chap tried another Tx. in the shop and he also had a bit of trouble but he got three binds with a few attempts in between.

They're expected to be away for about two weeks so I'll let you know how it goes.

6. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi all,

I just got a message from the hobby store telling me that the two transmitters have been returned to them having been repaired under guarantee.

The work continues...................

7. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Good deal. Let us know how it goes when you get your hands on them. The odds of two of them having the same issue at the same time is quite high. Guess this may have been one of those times.

8. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Not sure if they will give any explanation of what was done. Although both transmitters wouldn't bind, they didn't seem to have the same problem. One had no LED's showing at all once switched on and the other did show the LED's but wouldn't bind.

We'll see.

9. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Latest feedback is that the Tx. with the LED's still showing had an antenna problem and the one without the LED's showing has had the transmitter module replaced. I'm collecting them tomorrow morning and then will be going through a new set-up process with the Blade and AR7200BX.

Any suggestions about what may have caused the problems appreciated. I suspect foul play such as poor handling or a bad habit like holding the unit by the antenna. I've seen a little boy (grandson?) at the farm 'flying' a drone and at the time thought 'Ah ha! There lies the answer'.

10. Smoggie

Smoggie Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    The DX6 has a rigid antenna cover (unlike the previous hinged type) so I don't think you could do any damage by picking it up by the antenna. For info...the antenna itself is just piece of wire, identical to the antenna wire on the receiver. It just sits loosely inside the plastic cover, you could rip the cover off and it wouldn't actually do any harm to the antenna.

Probably just bad luck that they both failed. I have heard of a few DX6 Tx's that had bad RF modules (though they are very popular Tx's so maybe just the law of averages at play)

11. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi all, I picked up the two transmitters and saw them do an immediate bind with the AR7200BX. It's sitting on the bench waiting for me to start running through the set-up tomorrow.

12. Tony

Tony Administrator Staff Member

Blog Posts:
    Good deal. Glad they are working.

13. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi all, I can stop with this thread now, the two DX6's are binding properly. Next thing to sort out is the right thumb coordination on my farmer friend. I showed him how to trundle around with the Blade wearing its training gear and he was doing fine until he tried to drop the collective to zero using the wrong thumb. The Blade did the fastest back-flip I've ever seen, even in the Olympics :dizzy:

Next job is to see how deeply the damage goes. I'm thinking at least a feather shaft and main shaft :chickendance:

Bye now!

14. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    I take it, that is a new modle DX6 like the black one in the above pic? How much are you asking for it?

15. Heliman450

Blog Posts:
    Commissioning Engineer
    Hi Capn Pete, thanks for the offer but he's all fixed up now.

16. Capn Pete

Capn Pete Active Member

Blog Posts:
    No worries. Thinking of getting one myself and looking around. Thanks.

< Dx6, 8 Or10? | Turnigy9x V2 Low Battery Indicated When It's Not Low >