450 Derek's and Dustins Blade 450 3D Arrangement

Derek

Dustin asked for as many video updates as possible. Since it's his helicopter, I told him that I would share a video of any progress. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the parts.

Dustin asked for as many video updates as possible. Since it's his helicopter, I told him that I would share a video of any progress. I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the parts.

Yeah it will be a good thread to keep an eye out on the progress and of course the maiden flight...

Derek

I got a call from the LHS today. Two of the four parts that I ordered came in today. So, now I have the tail boom braces and the blade dampers. I didn't mention that I ordered new blade dampers before, lol. Forgot to mention it. I just figured, since I was going to have the head all torn apart, I might as well just replace the dampers as well.

I'm still waiting on the tail boom and tail rotor hub but I'm going to begin the tear down and reassembly of the head tonight.

concept30

thats awesome Derek, Blade had the dampers rated at 40 i believe but I the blade 450 x dampers on there rated at 80, Thanks for the update

Derek

I went to the LHS and got a few more parts that were ordered. I'm going to head back to the LHS tomorrow and see if I can get some thrust bearings. Unfortunately, I have to work this weekend so I wont be able to work on the helicopter again until next week. I just spent about 2 hours on Skype, talking with Dustin. I explained the situation to him and we also talked about a bunch of other stuff as well. Dustin understands the delay and life is good.

So...next week is when I'll get working on this 450 again and hopefully we'll see some productive progress then.

Derek

Ha ha ha, simmer down, Tony! I can't get the head set up because I don't have any thrust bearings. And I can't set up the tail because I don't have a tail boom nor tail rotor hub.

I am pretty much at the mercy of the post office right now. Bummer!!!

Ha ha ha, simmer down, Tony! I can't get the head set up because I don't have any thrust bearings. And I can't set up the tail because I don't have a tail boom nor tail rotor hub.

I am pretty much at the mercy of the post office right now. Bummer!!!

I know exactly how you feel Derek. I'm in same boat with this heli I got off Treff, waiting game... Hate it...still need loads of parts from china/hongkong..... Had to go down that road to get them cheap...

Derek

Hopefully I'll get a call from the hobby shop today telling me that the parts have come in. I'd really like to begin the reassembly of Dustin's Blade 450 3D. I'm getting very tired of seeing his helicopter sitting in a pile of parts and pieces on my work table, lol.

Derek

I spoke with the LHS today. The tail boom and tail rotor hub have been delivered. Still waiting on the thrust bearings.

concept30

cool, cant wait til i get to see my 450 flewn by someone else, I hope my 450 doesnt give you any more problems

cool, cant wait til i get to see my 450 flewn by someone else, I hope my 450 doesnt give you any more problems

It's all part of the fun in this hobby I think Dustin, rebuilding a broken heli and solving the problems out along the way. One always learns something from the experiences...

Derek

I went to the LHS today to pick up the tail booms and the tail rotor hub that I ordered. Got home and started to tear down the tail. Then...I ran into another issue. On the inside of the tail boom case, there are no round tabs that fit into the holes on the end of the tail boom. Is this normal? How does the tail case secure to the tail boom?

I ordered a new tail boom case. should be here Friday.

concept30

i have a Metal Tail case that i forgot to sent to Derek and it doesnt have any tabs for the holes at the end of the tail boom on my 450, im guess the tighter you have the tail case the tighter it is to the boom

Derek

ok, new thrust bearings and new tail rotor case showed up yesterday. Awesome! I had some errands to run last night so I never got a chance to work on Dustins 450. However, it's now 3:30am and I can't sleep so I'm in the garage working on it now.

I've been at it for about 5 minutes now and I've got the tail case taken apart, bearings cleaned, oiled and reinstalled. New tail case installed. Now I'm working on replacing the tail rotor hub. Should be able to get this all onto the tail boom real soon.

Top Bottom