450 Derek's and Dustins Blade 450 3D Arrangement

Derek

You all know our good buddy, Dustin (concept30). He has a Blade 450 3D and he has had a lot of troubles getting this helicopter set up so that it will fly. I have offered to have him ship the helicopter to me and I will see what I can do with it. I believe that he is going to do so. He will pay to ship the helicopter to me and I will pay the shipping back to him. He has a Spektrum DX6i transmitter (so do I). He has a Spektrum AR6115e rx. Sounds good to me! If he does send it to me, I can use my DX6i to get the helicopter set up and then share the settings with him, for his DX6i, and he should be "good to go."

Now, why am I telling you all this???

I wanted it to be public knowledge. I wanted it written down, somewhere, that we have this arrangement so that Dustin can be assured that other people know, just in case I decide to NOT return the helicopter to him. Even though I know that wont happen.

I'll be very happy to get his 450 3D and I will do what I can to get it working properly for him. If something comes up and I have issues, then I can come to the forum and ask for help. However, if I can get it all setup and flying for him, then all I have to do is box it back up and send it back to him...with a copy of all the settings from my DX6i for his DX6i.

I also want say that I'll post the condition of the helicopter, once it gets here, and I'll post periodic updates so that Dustin can keep track of the progress. I have told Dustin that I'll keep the helicopter for a maximum of two weeks. Hopefully I can get it sorted out within that time frame. If not, then I will ship the helicopter back to him.

So, that all being said, Dustin...."the ball is in your court now". There is no rush. Let me know when you have it all boxed up and packed VERY WELL and then I'll get you my mailing address. It should get here in about 2-3 days.

Derek

No rush, Dustin! You just ship it when you can. I know it's going to take some time to get a proper box and packing materials (foam peanuts, newspaper, tissue, whatever). Just be sure to remove the blades and tail boom. That will help.

Let me know when you need my mailing address. We'll get ya squared away!!!

Derek

Ok...I've never messed with a Flymentor but if that's what you want, I'll see what I can do.

Hey guys, glad your getting this heli sorted.... If I were in your shoes I'd convert it to FBL... Definitely, I've never looked back, and I'd like to say I've never crashed it since then. So much easier to fly and control...

I've had the tarot zyx FBL gyro on and the Kbar gyro, the latter is definitely the better one, easy to setup too.. I've got the Copterx head on, but that's cheap and nasty, although I'm still flying with it..

Just a thought..

Good luck with it...

concept30

Hey Toni, i like flybar helis cause of the challenge, i know i asked for the flymentor but thats for if I am about to crash I can turn the flymentor on and It might save my heli, I have a Blade 550x now and im going work slowy on getting it in the air, money is tight for me, Lucky for me Derek is such a great friend and is willy to help and hopfully we become best friends, now Toni I havent forgotten the gyro you sent me, it was really nice of you.

Hey Toni, i like flybar helis cause of the challenge, i know i asked for the flymentor but thats for if I am about to crash I can turn the flymentor on and It might save my heli, I have a Blade 550x now and im going work slowy on getting it in the air, money is tight for me, Lucky for me Derek is such a great friend and is willy to help and hopfully we become best friends, now Toni I havent forgotten the gyro you sent me, it was really nice of you.

The blade 450 was a challenge for me too, I did fly it around but took some controlling...lol, now it's flybarless it's a great heli to fly, I love it now..

Got a 550 eh, fantastic, wish I had one, did you get it as a kit or ready built?..

I'm pretty sure Derek will sort your heli out for you, he's a clever guy to know....the flymentor is suppose to be a good gyro to help you out so I wish you well with that..

Hey, no worries about the gyro.

Happy flying bro

wolfman76

might i suggest using a roll of bubble wrap from the post office i did'nt even use the entire roll i wrapped my blade 400 fully built and built the box and shipped it to west virginia from by chicago and it it made the trip snug as a bug with no damage think it cost me round 20 bucks to ship it and i live an hour from derek... good luck and hope derek can get you into some good flights which i am sure he will be able too.. oh yeah i even shipped my custom orange rx with the heli i wrapped it in bubble wrap also

concept30

Toni I bought the kit, its the same size of the trex 600, Kyle thanks man, I already got a box that my 450 fits in, im going use news paper to ship it to Derek, $20 wow thanks for letting me know, thats better then the price I had in mind

wolfman76

Toni I bought the kit, its the same size of the trex 600, Kyle thanks man, I already got a box that my 450 fits in, im going use news paper to ship it to Derek, $20 wow thanks for letting me know, thats better then the price I had in mind

It was around that if I remember right might be lil more or lil less plus it had the dx6 with batteries for the tx in the box also and as you know the dx6 has a lil weight to it so might not be that bad... you aren't shipping any lipos with it I hope might be to unsafe if you were

Derek

Dustin will only be shipping the helicopter with blades. No lipo's. I have plenty of 3S batteries for testing.

concept30

LOL thanks guys, i almost forgot to take off the battery to the 450, I only hope Derek likes to dig for tressure, cause im going have alot of roll up news paper in the box

wolfman76

Eh I duz me best... WTF more archie comics awe sweet beetle Bailey lookin lookin lookin Marmaduke. ... (30mins later Derek is passed out in his chair sheets of newspaper comics strewed all over the living room and he is only a 1/4 way through the box... lol

Last edited:

concept30

While I shiped the heli to Derek yesturday, it was going cost $35 but I got it to go down to $9.95, he should get it next Tuesday.

Derek

And here we are...5 days later....and still no helicopter yet. We have been watching the "Tracking" website and the only thing that it shows is that the box left Dustins home town. He did call the Post Office and all they said was that it's "in transit". Bummer!

Derek

Here is a screenshot from the Post Office Tracking site:

IMAGE.png

This is unbelievable!!! I don't know what type of shipping that Dustin paid for but his 450 is getting the scenic tour of the USA. It shows that the expected delivery date is September 16, 2014. We are now on September 22 and the box is still not here. I just can't believe this!!!

IMAGE.png

Top Bottom