600 Derek's Align Trex 600e Pro DFC

Derek

I didn't think about that. Thanks Lee! Good idea. I don't like a real fast piro rate....yet.

Lee

You can set it in the Ikon, but i like to have a choice. So I set the piro rate high in the Ikon software, then reduce it with DR in the TX.

danhampson

I thought that the point of the bank/setup system was so that duel rates don't have to be used. As each bank can be setup with different expo, rates (flip, roll and rudder), gains.........

I suppose it depends on how you want your tx setup.

Are you using the tx rudder DR for piro practice Lee?

Lee

Yes you can set it in banks, but they only thing i'm changing is the rudder, so its easier to just have it on DR.
Yes I'm setting up for different speed piro flip rates.

Derek

oooooooo, it's going to be an exciting day!!! The plan is for some flying, a bit more flying, and then a little flying after that. The temperature is gonna be nice. The wind is suppose to be calm. Then sun is suppose to be out. On top of all that, I don't have to work today. YES!!!

That all being said, I'm planning on taking the 600 out for some hovering. The 450 and 500 will also be going in the air today. I'll probably take a couple of planes, as well.

All that being said, I have another concern (imagine that!!!). According to the Align manual, the tail gyro gain "starting point" is between 30-35%. One of the guys at my LHS said that the setting would be closer to 20%.

What do you think?

Lee

Lee, what do you mean by banks?

You have the ability to make 3 independent set ups in the software.
These are know as Banks.
They are great for tuning. You can have them all the same except for one setting.
Have three different numbers for that setting, and switch between the three to find which is best for you.

Derek

ok, I can do that, but this also raises a curiosity.

If I take the midway point, between the LHS and the manual (being 20 from the LHS and 30-35 from the manual) equaling about 27-28%, but the the Ikon software telling me to raise my tx gain until the Ikon software shows 45% (giving me 57% on my tx)....what should I do?

I don't know if that makes sense. I'll try to simplify that..

The LHS says 20% The manual says 30-35%. But the Ikon software says to raise the gain on my DX8 until the software shows 45, in menu 4. Raising the gain so that the software shows 45 puts the gain in my DX8 at 57%. So, I have 3 points of reference here.

I have a lot of respect for these helicopters and I want the most enjoyable experience with this monster but I don't want to push "safety" to the side.

What should I do?

Lee

I got the same reading for my Goblin. 57% TX at 45% in the soft ware.
I have mine set to 45% on the TX and it flies perfectly.
You have three pos for gyro. I would set one at 45%, one at 35% and one at 27%.
Start with the lower one, and work up till you find the best.

Derek

That sounds good! I'm going to charge up both flight packs and I'll report back later on.

I appreciate the help!!!

Lee

Anyway Derek. You have the lazy susan for checking your gyro gain.
Didn't you do that already?

Graham Lawrie

You have the ability to make 3 independent set ups in the software.
These are know as Banks.
They are great for tuning. You can have them all the same except for one setting.
Have three different numbers for that setting, and switch between the three to find which is best for you.

Ok will need to look at this, I thought that was just for flying styles:)

Graham Lawrie

I got the same reading for my Goblin. 57% TX at 45% in the soft ware.
I have mine set to 45% on the TX and it flies perfectly.
You have three pos for gyro. I would set one at 45%, one at 35% and one at 27%.
Start with the lower one, and work up till you find the best.

I set mine as per instructions and on the DX6i it read about 72% but it flew very well, solid:) I went on Lee and Dans recommendations about it:)

Derek

I've had the 3 separate banks setup. I'm still learning how to use them. I'd probably learn how to use the banks more efficiently if I weren't so wrapped up in my other helicopters, my other planes, and starting FPV, lol.

Clearly, I just have "too much on my plate", lol.

Derek

Anyway Derek. You have the lazy susan for checking your gyro gain.
Didn't you do that already?

Yes, I have done this on the lazy susan. Although, I have found that the lazy susan still has a bit of resistance and just allows me to get the settings "close". Actual flight still needs some adjusting. I had my 500 on the lazy susan, last year, and it worked very well to get the settings "close". Still needed tweaking in the air.

So...i'm much more confident now and I'm charging the flight packs now. Due to the lack of power in my charger (TP610C), this charging time is going to take a while, lol. I've got to put some thought into another method of charging....but that's a whole other thread, lol.

Top Bottom