600 Derek's Align Trex 600e Pro DFC

Derek

Yes, you read the title correctly! Derek's hanger just got bigger. I can't find my camera at the moment but I will get some pictures uploaded soon.

I have a Castle 80amp HV ESC, two 6S 3700mAh 35C Gens Ace lipo's, DFC head, and some other bells and whistles. This helicopter has the Ikon unit on it but I'm going to take it off and add my AR7200bx. I got his helicopter "lightly" used, so I am going to disassemble some parts and pieces and just give the whole heli a good inspection.

The 600 dwarfs my 500 even more than I thought it would. This thing is awesome!

The best thing is this...The entire 600 heli, with DFC head and torque tube tail, two batteries, flybarless main blades, Ikon unit, and AR7200bx cost me $0.00. This entire package was sent to me from an incredible guy that I know. I can't even begin to describe how grateful that I am to have him as a friend and for him to send me such an amazing gift, free of charge. I am thankful!!!

Anyway...I'll get some pictures uploaded tonight....just found my camera.

Derek

Thanks Jesse! This thing is great!

I'm trying to remember how to resize these pictures that I just took. I'm just not very good at this kind of thing. Might just be easier to upload a video, lol.

Pictures or video coming soon!

Derek

GEDC0047.JPGGEDC0048.JPGGEDC0051.JPGGEDC0052.JPGGEDC0053.JPG

I'm going to spend some time going over the bearings and each bolt and make sure that everything is in full functional order. I'm sure that everything is good but I'm going to double check.

Like I said above, I'm going to take off the Ikon unit and install the AR7200bx on the 600.

This 600 also has the Castle Creations 20A BEC Pro Voltage Regulator. I think I'm going to take this off too and add an Rx battery.

GEDC0047.JPG

GEDC0048.JPG

GEDC0051.JPG

GEDC0052.JPG

GEDC0053.JPG

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I would be more than happy to take that Ikon off your hands. Been needing to test one out!

Congrats on that heli bro. You had BETTER be in the air with it this weekend with VIDEO!!!!! :chuckles:

Derek

Well, I can assure you that this heli won't seen the air this weekend. I'll be working this weekend, so I won't be doing any flying this weekend. if the weather cooperates tomorrow, I'm planning on taking my two 540's out. But....I have to remove the Ikon, install and program the AR7200bx, solder the battery leads, install the new Edge tail blades, cover the servo wires with that loom, remove the Castle 20amp BEC, purchase and install a new Rx battery, order new canopy grommets...probably gonna get the metal quick release canopy mounts from RCbooya, repair a slight crack in the canopy, and get my 600 and DX8 talking to each other with new settings.

It's going to be a little while before I'm ready to maiden the 600 but I am super stoked that I finally have one.

Tony

Staff member
So did everyone see how he blew me off on the Ikon so smoothly? hahahahahahahahaha :lmao:

xokia

This entire package was sent to me from an incredible guy that I know. I can't even begin to describe how grateful that I am to have him as a friend and for him to send me such an amazing gift, free of charge.
Wish I had friends that sent me free heli's lol. Congrats

pvolcko

Why dumping the Ikon? If it's on there and configured already, should be little effort to select basic bank settings and give it a try as is after setting up your radio for it. Did it come with DSMX sats?

Just wondering. I fly both on my fleet (7200BX and Ikon) and have to say I like the Ikon better.

stokke

I second Pauls statement. I have both the 7200BX and iKon as well, and I like the iKon better. But of course, if you know your way around the 7200BX and favor that particular unit - I can understand your decision.

Congrats on the bird Derek :D

Derek

So did everyone see how he blew me off on the Ikon so smoothly? hahahahahahahahaha :lmao:

Lol....Sorry about that, Tony! I wasn't trying to blow you off about the Ikon, lol

Wish I had friends that sent me free heli's lol. Congrats

I can tell ya buddy....it was 100% luck that I got this heli like this.

Why dumping the Ikon? If it's on there and configured already, should be little effort to select basic bank settings and give it a try as is after setting up your radio for it. Did it come with DSMX sats?

Just wondering. I fly both on my fleet (7200BX and Ikon) and have to say I like the Ikon better.

I have future plans for the Ikon unit that I believe will benefit me better in the long run, so I'm going to put the AR7200 on the 600. Yes, it did come with two DSMX sats.

Congrats on the bird Derek :D

Thanks Marius!

Derek

Very Nice Derek!

Thanks buddy! This thing is going to be a lot of fun!!!

I just happen to think...I don't have the USB Adapter for PC programming for the Ikon unit. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I might get one?

pvolcko

It's just a standard USB cable. No special dongle or adapter or anything like that. I have an extra if you want it, but look around your family cable pile and see if there is one that will work. :)

Derek

It's just a standard USB cable. No special dongle or adapter or anything like that. I have an extra if you want it, but look around your family cable pile and see if there is one that will work. :)

Yeah, I have several USB cables but none with a plug that will insert into the ikon. How much would you ask for the extra USB cable that you have, Paul?

pvolcko

I'll do $5 shipped. There are better deals to be had, but if you want it straight out of an Ikon FBL package I'm your source. :)

Top Bottom