600 Building the SAB Goblin 630

murankar

Staff member
I got images on my phone in forum runner.

I would just go straight to sab. Let them know of your issues with both the seller and the kit. They may just drop them as a reseller and you'll get direct support from the mother ship.

Westy

LEGEND
all the photos above ... work perfectly for me here in the bottom of the world

- - - Updated - - -

So...... have you heard from the supplier hey? what are going to do to assist you? Are you sure they have not made these parts themselves?

stokke

One of you mods can clean out all this picture related gibberish. The pictures are working fine...

_____

I have not heard from the dealer. If I do not have a reply by tomorrow, I'll contact SAB. I'm eager to build this thing!

stokke

Got a reply from SAB today, they'll be sending a replacement frame. As for the canopy, SAB is making the dealer responsible for this - so I'll have to keep on nagging them.

wolfman76

good deal stokke glad to hear it on the frame atleast you will be able to get the bird built... There is no other issues with it then???

Tony

Staff member
Hey, at least SAB is stepping up with what they messed up on. I'm sure the canopy is not their fault although it could be from poor packaging. But more than likely it was caused by a crushed box, or poor shipping post man. Either way, it will fly with a cracked canopy, Glad you are getting the new sides though.

murankar

Staff member
Airborne, airborne, airborne (chanting). Great to hear you got help. To bad they kicked the canopy thing to the side. Oh well at least you got the sides.

stokke

According to my tracking info, my missing parts will arrive tomorrow. So I'm skipping the frame until then and assembling the next step.

Assembling the main drive system.

P1010988.JPG

Main shaft bearing block.

P1010989.JPG

P1010990.JPG

P1010991.JPG

P1010992.JPG

Main gear and pulley drive system.

P1010993.JPG

Shaft for pinion gear; almost started to assemble this thing up side down. At first glance it looks like it doesn't matter which way it's mounted - but the two holes are on different heights on the shaft. This is also depicted in the manual, but you have to take a close look.

P1010994.JPG

Assembly finished.

P1010995.JPG

The 2nd gear from the bottom (connects to the motor at later stage), has some vertical play in it - even though it has a washer both over and under. I'm gonna google this in a second.

The mesh for the main gear is extremely tight, and you can clearly hear it "burr" when spinning it. This is to be expected, as it will "wear in" with a couple of flights (this is also noted in the manual). I will apply some silicone grease on the main gear to help it "wear in" a bit smoother.

P1010996.JPG

My goal, though ambitious it might be, is to maiden the bird this weekend.

Westy

LEGEND
I love those massive helical gears! heaps of contact surface area give massive torque delivery capability!

canongraphy

Marius, wow that thing is a monster, I know the waiting has been killing you but looks like clear skies ahead and its gonna be a sweet machine.
Get her in the sky and let her eat! :)

wolfman76

The mrs. Isn't getting jealous is she Marius cuz that girl is SEXY!!!!! If she was my lady she would have to worry bout coming to bed one night and finding her tucked in on her aside of the bed...lol keep up the good work man

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Looking good Marius! Hope you get her done! Lol I don't know how much I'll get done this week end since it our mall show weekend and I'm not feeling very well.

Top Bottom