600 Building the SAB Goblin 630

wolfman76

Hey i resent that i worked for FedEx home delivery for almost 4 years and i never kicked a single package (tongue sticking out)

Tony

Staff member
I have been warned that I will be summonsed to court as the "cause" to many divorces because of this forum. To date, I have not had to make one appearance lmao. so it's not all that bad being the cause for divorce. Just means you will have more time and money for toys..

Awesome heli Marius! I had my eye on this one as well, same color and everything, to replace the RCH 600 with and just swap over the electronics. But, decided not to do it. I mean DAYUM, a grand just for the kit...

Sure to be an awesome build, and with that belt, you will never strip another tail gear again. Great choice in birds bro! I'm sure you will have much better luck with this beast.

canongraphy

Gratz Marius! I have watched ALMOST everyone of your vids and look forward to seeing you tearing up the sky with this monster!

stokke

Nice Marius! I'm glad for you. I had to send my canopy back cause of the same thing. Align sent me a new one. What is it with canopy? A friend of mine who is an align pilot told me canopy damage was a common problem. Hmmm.

The paint job is on a thin flexible surface, so I can understand why it cracks so easily - but it sucks though. I think I'll be able to repair it to some extent. Thanks Sam.

the canopys are pretty flimsy ..... not surprising .... have you seen what those under paid freight handlers do? Play soccer and kick and throw .... full contact sports with our precious freight!

I have to agree with Westy (sorry Kyle :D ); I'm also under the impression that the packages gets thrown around during transport.

I have been warned that I will be summonsed to court as the "cause" to many divorces because of this forum. To date, I have not had to make one appearance lmao. so it's not all that bad being the cause for divorce. Just means you will have more time and money for toys..

Awesome heli Marius! I had my eye on this one as well, same color and everything, to replace the RCH 600 with and just swap over the electronics. But, decided not to do it. I mean DAYUM, a grand just for the kit...

Sure to be an awesome build, and with that belt, you will never strip another tail gear again. Great choice in birds bro! I'm sure you will have much better luck with this beast.

Thanks Tony. Nah, tail gears are no longer of any concern to me :D (Well, apart from the 450 that is LOL )

Gratz Marius! I have watched ALMOST everyone of your vids and look forward to seeing you tearing up the sky with this monster!

I appreciate that, thanks Jeff :D

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the dealer offered a 10$ discount... I'm not very pleased with this, so I sent a reply demanding a new canopy or a 50$ discount. Let's see what's customer service is worth over at Flying Hobby...

wolfman76

Sadly it happens marius i have even seen a boot print on a box once the person i delivered to saw it and had me wait around to open it but surprisingly it was ok....

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
The paint job is on a thin flexible surface, so I can understand why it cracks so easily - but it sucks though. I think I'll be able to repair it to some extent. Thanks Sam.

I have to agree with Westy (sorry Kyle :D ); I'm also under the impression that the packages gets thrown around during transport.

Thanks Tony. Nah, tail gears are no longer of any concern to me :D (Well, apart from the 450 that is LOL )

I appreciate that, thanks Jeff :D

- - - Updated - - -

Also, the dealer offered a 10$ discount... I'm not very pleased with this, so I sent a reply demanding a new canopy or a 50$ discount. Let's see what's customer service is worth over at Flying Hobby...

That's not right! If your canopy was damaged then they should replace it! If you have trouble with the dealer then contact goblin! Like I said I know for a fact that align is replacing most everyone's Canopies. They packaged them wrong. Has a result most if them were damaged in transport.

canongraphy

Marius, do you have that camera rolling giving us step by step of that build? LOL
And yes we are waiting patiently for the maiden flight!

stokke

Marius, do you have that camera rolling giving us step by step of that build? LOL
And yes we are waiting patiently for the maiden flight!

Yes, I'll post the entire build :D

- - - Updated - - -

Battery tray

P1010941.JPG

P1010942.JPG

ESC mount

P1010943.JPG

P1010944.JPG

The two main side frames are supposed to be perfectly identical, mine were not:

P1010945.JPG

It's supposed to look like this:

P1010946.JPG

The small defect is not a problem - I looked ahead in the manual.

P1010947.JPG

Rubber grommet to protect leads and wires. Clever.

P1010948.JPG

Standing on it's own :D

P1010949.JPG

canongraphy

Ahh Marius that sucks about the defect, you would think for the money something like that would be caught before boxing, but glad to hear you don't think it will hamper your build in any way.
I am so excited for you, makes me want to start my 700 build..but my wallet says NFW LOL
Thanks for sharing and keep them coming bro!

Westy

LEGEND
he he ... I am guessing the wallet is a metaphor for the chief accountant in the house of the female variety? haha

BOKI

stokke; Looks like very nice Helicopter & I hope you enjoy your building it & have fun flying it also!!! Dave Oh Thanks for the pictures also!!!!

Last edited:

stokke

Ahh Marius that sucks about the defect, you would think for the money something like that would be caught before boxing, but glad to hear you don't think it will hamper your build in any way.
I am so excited for you, makes me want to start my 700 build..but my wallet says NFW LOL
Thanks for sharing and keep them coming bro!

The frame defect is more severe than first anticipated. I'll elaborate further down... :(

stokke; Looks like very nice Helicopter & I hope you enjoy your building it & have fun flying it also!!! Dave Oh Thanks for the pictures also!!!!

Thanks Dave. It's my pleasure :D

______

Done some more on the 630 - not as joyous as one might think.

When mounting the battery tray on this thing, you can choose from two positions. This allows to raise the CG towards the rotor (if you have low enough battery packs).

Low-

P1010950.JPG

or higher up

P1010951.JPG

P1010952.JPG

My packs are 48.25 mm, so I can go with the higher mounting position (which is optimal).

P1010953.JPG

P1010954.JPG

P1010955.JPG

Mounting the opposite side.

P1010956.JPG

Well, this is the point where I'm realizing the entire frame is skewed... :(

P1010957.JPG

So I took the entire thing apart to lay the frame sides on top each other. This allows to see the differences pretty clearly.

P1010960.JPG

I set in a few bolts to keep the two frame part perfectly aligned.

P1010961.JPG

Crap

P1010962.JPG

Crap

P1010963.JPG

Holy crap

P1010964.JPG

Crap on a stick

P1010965.JPG

Crap crappedy crap

P1010966.JPG

P1010967.JPG

Obviously the build is at a grinding halt. Another email have been sent to the dealer. :(

canongraphy

he he ... I am guessing the wallet is a metaphor for the chief accountant in the house of the female variety? haha

hahaha Westy normally you would be right about that but no its actually my wallet this time LOL I just went through way over a thousand in about 2 weeks so yep kinda dry ATM LOL
But rain is coming again! :)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh Marius that's terrible! man I hope they make it right and quick for you, I would surely think they will make it right, but yea sucks you have to stop and wait.
I know that would be killing me right now if it was me, sorry bro, hang in there!

- - - Updated - - -

Marius, take this time to recheck everything else, hopefully a new pair of frames is all you need, well one side but hopefully they will just send you a matched set.

Lee

Dude, thats crap,
I would throw the whole thing back in the box and demand a new kit. And if Flying Hobby dont play ball, go straight to SAB.
Very surprised to see such a bad QC from them of all the heli companies.

murankar

Staff member
This is the first time I herd of this bad of QC from them.

Good luck with the new kit, I would do what lee stated; at their cost.

Adam

Bummer man I was all excited to catch up on this post and to get to the point here i was like oh yeah and then wanted to cry.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
It's just not right that a company like Saab would put this out! Are you absolutely sure the two halves are supposed to be the same? I wonder if they put arts from two different helis in the box?

Westy

LEGEND
bummer .... Send it back ..... get .... a new Romance! :) .... that bird is flawed send the broken girl back and get a new good one!

stokke

Now, the reason I'm not throwing everything back in the box and kicking it back to China, is that the shipping cost is insane! If I can avoid sending anything back, I'll do just that.

It's also hard to get any good communication, as the dealer doesn't speak English any good. I can of course blame only myself for dealing with these people - but man, their prices can't be beat! I've never had any trouble before. Now my worst enemy is the time difference, I have to wait at least 12 hours between replys :(

I still haven't gotten a reply, and we're going to the cabin today - so I won't know any more until Sunday :( If I do not hear anything by Monday, I'll contact SAB.

Thanks for all your support :D

ps. I'm not having trouble seeing the pictures either? Maybe my server had a hiccup? LOL

Top Bottom