600 Building the SAB Goblin 630

stokke

Just came home from work. A trip only interrupted by a short visit at the Post Office, where this baby was waiting:

P1010915.JPG

The box is still on the floor. Will open now. Back soon. OMG LOL :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got a GOBLIN!! Nice job !!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome bro.. I didnt know or may be you were keeping it all a secret.! WOW! :D This is gonna be a fun one!

wolfman76

I WANT A 630 GOBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:
MAN THIS SUCKS NO MONEY AND IS THE ONLY NEW HELI I WILL BUY NEXT i already warned my lady that i plan on getting one

Lee

Is your name James Bond? You Secret agent you. How could you keep that quiet!!!!! Damn dude thats gonna be awesome. Millions of pictures please.

Westy

LEGEND
:hororr: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :chargrined::chargrined::chargrined::chargrined:

Can I move in? :) .... I will do hte vids for you .... or polish shoes ..... sweep floors ........ you LUCKY BAS$#ARD!!!!!!!!!
:disgust::disgust::disgust::nonchalance::nonchalance:

:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow: I will never got over it ..... I will never be the same ..... someone else here beat me to get a GOBLIN!!!!!

BOOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOO .....

Lee

My new heli feeling has died off now after the Warp build. I need a new one too :( but the bank says no at the moment.

stokke

WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got a GOBLIN!! Nice job !!!!!!!!!! Thats awesome bro.. I didnt know or may be you were keeping it all a secret.! WOW! :D This is gonna be a fun one!

I finally got my hands on this thing. I've been wanting it even before I got the JR :D

I WANT A 630 GOBLIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow::sorrow:
MAN THIS SUCKS NO MONEY AND IS THE ONLY NEW HELI I WILL BUY NEXT i already warned my lady that i plan on getting one

Well you can get my review before you buy one of your own then Kyle ;)

Is your name James Bond? You Secret agent you. How could you keep that quiet!!!!! Damn dude thats gonna be awesome. Millions of pictures please.

LOL You crack me up Lee :D :D It was hard not to say anything - I wanted it to be here before I said anything. YOU KNOW I deliver picture wise ;)

stokke; That looks like it will be areal nice Helicopter! The best flying it! Dave

Thanks Dave!

Wow! You still flying the JR or your retiring that in favor of this one?

The JR will be repaired and sold in time.

:hororr: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :chargrined::chargrined::chargrined::chargrined:

Can I move in? :) .... I will do hte vids for you .... or polish shoes ..... sweep floors ........ you LUCKY BAS$#ARD!!!!!!!!!
:disgust::disgust::disgust::nonchalance::nonchalance:

:sorrow::sorrow::sorrow: I will never got over it ..... I will never be the same ..... someone else here beat me to get a GOBLIN!!!!!

BOOOOOOO HOOOOO HOOOO .....

Hehe. I'll admit, I wanted to be the first to get one on the forum :) But I'll post tons of pictures as usual, so you'll get to share the joy :D

My new heli feeling has died off now after the Warp build. I need a new one too :( but the bank says no at the moment.

It's great to build, and I know exactly what feeling you're talking about. Ps. my bank said no also, but I said yes anyways LOL

- - - Updated - - -

Inside the box

P1010917.JPG

P1010918.JPG

P1010927.JPG

Maaaan. The canopy was cracked :(

P1010928.JPG

P1010929.JPG

I've sent an e-mail to the dealer. Hopefully I will get a new canopy or a discount on my next purchase.

P1010932.JPG

That's some neat packaging.

P1010933.JPG

I got a 24T pinion pulley (in addition to the stock 20T).

P1010934.JPG

P1010935.JPG

Tonight I'll start by sanding the frame edges - they're razor sharp.

Lee

Are you transferring the electrics from the JR or doing a totally new set up.?

Westy

LEGEND
man .... that is definately a heck of and awesome heli!!!!! look at the size of that swash .... it looks like a killer space frisbee!

stokke

Are you transferring the electrics from the JR or doing a totally new set up.?

Yes. The JR will be donor for the Goblin ;)

man .... that is definately a heck of and awesome heli!!!!! look at the size of that swash .... it looks like a killer space frisbee!

Yeah. It's quite beefy on the inside it seems. 12mm main shaft!

Westy

LEGEND
dude! you could nearly jack up a truck with that! ..... 12mm wow..... that is the same size as a Trex 700 shaft!

wolfman76

Man i will waiting for pics n vids on pins and needles....i am sure they will probably send new canopy it cost to much for them not to...

Whirlybird

BE THE FIRST ON YOU'RE BLOCK! THE ENVY OF ALL YOU'RE FRIENDS!!!!! :lol:

Great one Marius!!!!! :hdbng: You're starting a new trend on this forum and the potential for many divorces :yikes:

murankar

Staff member
Well I have to admit that was some secret. If I had the money I too would have one but I don't. This is going to be a good build and once the parts go together you'll see just how beefy this hog is. If I am not mistaken the 630 size is basically a 700 just like the 550 to the 600. Man you passed many up on the forum, while ago a post was made about who the first goblin owner would be. Unfortunatly Jamie was the first owner of a Goblin 700 and your the first owner of the 630. Envious on my side!!!!

:yahoo::drools::popcorn:

FTW!!!!!!

stokke

Man i will waiting for pics n vids on pins and needles....i am sure they will probably send new canopy it cost to much for them not to...

I'll probably be posting every day, as I'm in no rush. I sure hope I get some sort of compensation - I did find the paint chip, so I can glue it back in place and fix the paint job. I'm still gonna need more parts (blades among other thing), so a discount on my next order is not unacceptable.

BE THE FIRST ON YOU'RE BLOCK! THE ENVY OF ALL YOU'RE FRIENDS!!!!! :lol:

Great one Marius!!!!! :hdbng: You're starting a new trend on this forum and the potential for many divorces :yikes:

Thanks Frank. Let's hope everybody continues to be happily married :D

Well I have to admit that was some secret. If I had the money I too would have one but I don't. This is going to be a good build and once the parts go together you'll see just how beefy this hog is. If I am not mistaken the 630 size is basically a 700 just like the 550 to the 600. Man you passed many up on the forum, while ago a post was made about who the first goblin owner would be. Unfortunatly Jamie was the first owner of a Goblin 700 and your the first owner of the 630. Envious on my side!!!!

:yahoo::drools::popcorn:

FTW!!!!!!

I have high hopes for this thing, that's for sure :D

- - - Updated - - -

I have sanded the frame assembly on the outer edges, so I'll do the rest tomorrow. I got to start some assembly though.

The manual looks to be easily understandable with detailed graphics and detailed specs on what parts to use. I think it's better than Align, and about the same as JR quality wise.

P1010936.JPG

P1010937.JPG

P1010938.JPG

P1010939.JPG

P1010940.JPG

Well that's it for tonight - better hit the sack :D

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Nice Marius! I'm glad for you. I had to send my canopy back cause of the same thing. Align sent me a new one. What is it with canopy? A friend of mine who is an align pilot told me canopy damage was a common problem. Hmmm.

Westy

LEGEND
the canopys are pretty flimsy ..... not surprising .... have you seen what those under paid freight handlers do? Play soccer and kick and throw .... full contact sports with our precious freight!

Top Bottom