600 Building the JR Vibe NEX E8 - Slow Build

stokke

Like I said before. I only hope that I can get my bird in the air without any complications. So far the only thing that I can fly with out either crashing or needing help is my QAV. That I attribute to the NAZA GPS FC. That's why I'm considering the NAZA H for my 600.

I'm curious how the DJI will perform on a heli, as I've never seen a Naza FBL before. Good luck bud :D

Nice!! The higher the head speed the more it'll vibrate if the gain is too high. :) higher head speed means inherent stability in the disc..

That only if this vibration is gain related.

If running head speed too low for frame then the whole thing should shudder not just the head. I think for this size bird, lowest headspeed you can go is 1500 (I think) but to DONT have to worry about that ;)

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

Thanks Gaba. So I have to reduce the governor gain to get rid of my head vibrations?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I've not checked my blades properly. Tracking, balancing or weight - maybe that can cause head vibrations?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Not the governor .... You would take that down if unit head speed was hunting up and down and you hear the motor "wag"'high low and high low and all that.

I would check everything like tracking and all.. Like you said and then turn down the gain on the first pot on your 7200bx..

Can you read head speed after flight or tach it during flight? If that is constant and doesn't keep hunting then your governor is good :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
If you have something off on the head, tracking, blade balance, exc it will vibrate! Especially blade balance.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Oh btw.. I had to post the flying weight of my bird.. Sorry left y'all hanging there..

My flying weight with full tank of fuel and header is just under 7 lb actually 3.05 kg

stokke

Oh btw.. I had to post the flying weight of my bird.. Sorry left y'all hanging there..

My flying weight with full tank of fuel and header is just under 7 lb actually 3.05 kg

So I'm dragging a bag of bricks compared to yours then LOL :D What HP did you have in that motor again?

- - - Updated - - -

If you have something off on the head, tracking, blade balance, exc it will vibrate! Especially blade balance.

I have just weighed the blades - perfectly even. But the balancing is a tad off - I will balance them out now. New update tomorrow.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Awesome!!!!

I am really hoping rr comes online so I can see how to put a 90 (700 nitro) size engine in this.. Like a ys91..
But for now this more than the power u and i need in our respective setups :)

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
I was wondering. You all are referencing the gov mode. What exhactly is this? Everything I ever read on governors was regarding nitro models. Why would you need a gov on an electric? What are you all doing with gov on electrics! Even the directions for my 3 G unit references nitros! Please explane in Laymans terms that I will understand. Why are you using a gov on an electric heli?

stokke

I was wondering. You all are referencing the gov mode. What exhactly is this? Everything I ever read on governors was regarding nitro models. Why would you need a gov on an electric? What are you all doing with gov on electrics! Even the directions for my 3 G unit references nitros! Please explane in Laymans terms that I will understand. Why are you using a gov on an electric heli?

I'm no expert Sam, but I see all the pro pilots always use governed throttle. As far as my knowledge goes, the GOV has one primary function; maintain constant head speed. I'd imagine the GOV will keep a more constant HS than you can achieve with curves. I'm not using GOV on my 450 (curves performed much better) - but on my Castle ESC I'm provided a reasonably good GOV function - so why not use it?

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!

On a bigger model electric or nitro, now a days with the motors and batteries that are being run, running a governor is almost inevitable on the electrics.

In a nitro you are trying to save the engine from over revving..

In electrics, with extreme power and no limit on headspeed ( exaggerating but you know, nitro is confined to 2200 2250 on this size , while electrics can do much higher) , you look and extreme amount of radial forces that work on the spindle shaft, blade grips and blades... If you go above a certain head speed like say descending, and your motor keeps revving when under no load, you are running a risk of burning that electric motor, and not just that, you run a risk of as soon as load your head, your head basically just tearing itself apart. And yes it happens.. Cause the instantaneous stress and G that we are putting on all those metal and carbon fibre parts are much more that they can handle ...

In my old nitro bird, I had to run a governor not to save my motor but my head as it was plastic and small diameter spindle and not made for 3D, I really couldn't risk it going too fast on it, or would have tore itself apart.

Another big reason is gyros .. ESP flybarless... They prefer a constant headspeed than every changing with environment, and that is not just from your curves but also your motor over or under revving at a particular point.

I had the same questions as you.. And i found all this out. Hope this helps :)

Now please don't think I am saying that Marius's bird can't handle high G maneuvers and high head speeds, it can, but he would rather run a governor and keep it safe and stable than see his bird dissipate in mid air. :) lol I am sure we all will :) hahahahha :)

Last edited:

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Ok I see where your Harding with this. I'm Just not sure if this has anything to do with my 600 or not. Lol I just want to get to the hovering stage with it without crashing! May be do some basic flying. That would make me very happie. When and, if I get to the 3D stage then I'll worry about gov mode!

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
You can run a governor now and will be ok. But its not just 3D... But also if you are high doing a forward flight and want to descending fast to land.. No load--> head freewheeels--> high headspeed...

Not trying to scare you :) lol if you have an option, it's a great thing to have :)

If I upgrade my 450 to scorpion motor and castle esc and all I definitely will need a governor on that sucker too hahahahha ;)

Tony

Staff member
I have seen this a lot here lately in threads and I have to post up on it.

If you are not, "NOT" flying in idle up, your tail is GOING to kick out when you do a pitch pump. There is not a gyro out there that can stop it. Not only are you adding drag by putting more pitch in the blades, but you are also adding a LOT more power to the heli before the tail can compensate. If you are in idle up, there is NO additional torque added by the motor, only the pitch of the blades. So the tail kick will go away when you are in idle up unless you have a funky set GOV. If the gov is set to 70% and you tell it that it can use 100% power, then the tail is still going to kick out. Just have to balance it all out.

And Gaba, I think the power of the HZ is something like 2.04 or something. Well, until I start working on mine that is hehe.

stokke

Yeah, I thought as much. I'm not worrying about the tail hold while still in Normal mode. I had two more flights today - I upped the HS to 1900, increase the GOV gain to 27 and balanced out my blades. There is still vibration in the head while in steady hover.

When I give it a slow and steady increase in pitch, the vibrations seize... It's only when in a stationary hover 3 ft above ground I observe the vibration. Hmmm. I looked over the head as well, it looks good... I think I'm going to insert the optional shims on the feathering shaft to make it stiffer - as of now she handles well, but I still think I'd like some more "crisp" to it.

I'll take out the main shaft and check if it's bent as well.

Did full banked turns today, everything looks good. I bumped her up from "Normal" to "Sport" in the BeastX - tomorrow I'm gonna try the "Pro" setting. Still ridiculously cold, so I'm not getting any video. I'll see if I can lure my GF out tomorrow :D

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
so you have tried reducing your gain a bit on the 7200bx yet.. sorry if you wrote about this already, and I havent read it.. but its just no load (or low load) condition when you are seeing this vibrations.. here are the two reasons which I know:

1) too high gyro gain.
2) This might sound crazy.. BUT UNBALANCED TAIL.. blades or the hub.. or your tail hub is bent somehow..

I dont know if you remember my thread from a 450. I had something more voilent but only in hover.. my tail hub was shot.. your miht just be unbalanced blades. BUT before you start tearing things apart bro, I would get that first pot on the 7200bx go down a bit.. a

stokke

so you have tried reducing your gain a bit on the 7200bx yet.. sorry if you wrote about this already, and I havent read it.. but its just no load (or low load) condition when you are seeing this vibrations.. here are the two reasons which I know:

1) too high gyro gain.
2) This might sound crazy.. BUT UNBALANCED TAIL.. blades or the hub.. or your tail hub is bent somehow..

I dont know if you remember my thread from a 450. I had something more voilent but only in hover.. my tail hub was shot.. your miht just be unbalanced blades. BUT before you start tearing things apart bro, I would get that first pot on the 7200bx go down a bit.. a

Yeah I saw you wrote it, but I forgot it when going over my bird. I´m gonna reduce the cyclic gain for tomorrow. Thanks Gaba.

Top Bottom