600 Building the JR Vibe NEX E8 - Slow Build

Lee

Lada1, You should make a thread show off your helicopter. It looks great. Are you putting a scale body on it? If not, why did you go for the 3 blades head?

Derek

The three blade head is definitely unique. I'm looking forward to seeing it fly.

- - - Updated - - -

The three blade head is definitely unique. I'm looking forward to seeing it fly.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
will it... ? I thought more blades.. more inherent stability.. Like the first of the "flybarless" helis were all these scale models with 4 blades. they were just inherently stable..

- - - Updated - - -

will it... ? I thought more blades.. more inherent stability.. Like the first of the "flybarless" helis were all these scale models with 4 blades. they were just inherently stable..

Lada1

Yes more blades more stability. Anyway I will use HC3-SX as on my pictures

- - - Updated - - -

Yes more blades more stability. Anyway I will use HC3-SX as on my pictures

stokke

I did what Gaba suggested and lowered the cyclic gain. I lowered it just a small tad - the head vibrations seem to have vanished. It was quite windy today, so I couldn't determine if it was the wind messing with me, or if the adjustment had actually worked. New flight tomorrow if the weather permits - it's blowing up to storm tonight...

stokke

Was about to get some vid today, battery went dry :( Anyways..

I bumped up the GOV gain to 30 (35 is max), the head speed is looking better - but I suspected the RPM would stay more consistent in Idle Up - I was correct... In idle up (2300RPM), the motor was buzzing away at a constant speed unaffected by my pitch pumps and what not. And OMG did this "gentle giant" turn into a "raging wasp"! It was fun - very fun :D

I'ts starting to look as I have worked out most of the kinks. I have also set the Beast to "Pro" - which felt a lot better than "Sport". The tail started making a new noise in IU, but that might have been due to the hard wind hitting the JR from the side.

The flight time is still about 10 minutes, but we'll see how that turns out after I get comfortable in IU.

breeze400

Spagetti Pilot
Just keep flying my friend and it will amaze you! Lol needed some video of that. Charge up that battery!

- - - Updated - - -

Ps with all the snow we just got I dought I'll be flying anytime soon!

stokke

Crap...

P1010785.JPG

A 7 kg tail servo combined with a 4.1 kw motor takes some time to get used to.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Seems like it .. Or did you throw hard moves at it doing crazy 3D and stripped it ? :D heehee

Fly safe!! :) have fun!

stokke

Or did you throw hard moves at it doing crazy 3D and stripped it ? :D

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

I'm currently trying to find perfect tail gain... I was in normal mode (1900 HS), did a pitch pump - tail blew out like crazy, while the bird tries to recover the tail I DO ANOTHER pitch pump... Stupid stupid stupid! Torque took care of the rest....

I've learned my lesson, don't do pitch pumps in low head speeds. New parts are being ordered, and they're not cheap!

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, I don't like the fire theme...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Wait!! What?? Tt gears don't strip like that? Or... Do you have too much throw in the tail blades? As far as I know bro, your tail shaft is a direct swap to mine (the same part / part number).. The throw should be similar.

I have never stripped a gear because of pitch pumps.. I ran 1600rpm while breaking my engine in for three tanks. May be I am missing some detail.

Tell us more :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
but how many tail gears have yiu heard stripping like that. That's why I am asking... Till the tail pitch went so much that it stalled the tail not moving at all. This bird is designed for high torque setups.

The torque isn't much more than what a .55 or .60 engine would produce.

Last edited:
Top Bottom