600 Building the JR Vibe NEX E8 - Slow Build

stokke

where are your ordering JR parts from Flying hobby?

No. The JR parts I'm getting from a Norwegian store (where I bought the JR). The blade grips was a special order - but they managed to get them to me in two weeks :D Cost a pretty penny though :(

What are the expected flight times with 3800?

The JR manual calls for 2x 3300 mah packs - with 3300 they've set a flight time of 4 minutes or more. So I'm hoping at least 4 minutes then :D

Btw, the 3800mah's were only 70 grams heavier per pack than 3300. Also, if I were to get standard (30C) packs 3300 mah, they'd actually be heavier than the 3800 mah's I got now!

Lee

When i saw the Warp takes 6S 1300mah, i thought that was very small. But apparently not. I think i would want more than 4 mins flying though. Will it take bigger? i.e. 4500 or 5000. Most of the Trex 600 with 12S run 5000s. My 8s 600 has 5000s and the first flight i got 14.30mins!!! at 75% throttle.

stokke

When i saw the Warp takes 6S 1300mah, i thought that was very small. But apparently not. I think i would want more than 4 mins flying though. Will it take bigger? i.e. 4500 or 5000. Most of the Trex 600 with 12S run 5000s. My 8s 600 has 5000s and the first flight i got 14.30mins!!! at 75% throttle.

I could probably run longer flights if I were to use 8S setup - but we'll see. As long as it's over 4 minutes I'm happy (I'm used to 5 mins flights on my 450).

stokke

Soldered my batteries tonight.
P1010711.JPG

All packs good to go :D
P1010712.JPG

Lee

As advised by many people, I have changed the mounting tape under my BeastX to some 3M 4011 gel mounting tape. So far my 600 seems to be running well with this tape. The involuntary aileron inputs has been linked to the crap stock beastX tape. Did you change it?

stokke

As advised by many people, I have changed the mounting tape under my BeastX to some 3M 4011 gel mounting tape. So far my 600 seems to be running well with this tape. The involuntary aileron inputs has been linked to the crap stock beastX tape. Did you change it?

No. But I'll look into it. Thanks.

Tony

Staff member
Sounds great bro. No binding or anything. But, this was not a true video. Put the blades on that sucker (outside) and spool her up. The sound alone from teh blades just barely going through the air is worth it.

stokke

I've gone through my checklist now, checking EVERYTHING I could think of.
Gone though my FBL settings.
Setup my ESC and GOV.
Charged my batteries.
Setup my Tx.

The only thing that can stop me tomorrow is bad weather or sickness (which I'm currently fighting).

Wish me good luck :D

BOKI

Looks & sounds good the best in flying it! :lol: :twothumbsup:

- - - Updated - - -

Stokke; Well you did a nice job flying it & it looks & sounds great! :lol: :twothumbsup: Oh nice video also!

Last edited:

Derek

ohhhhhhh boy!!!! That thing is a monster, isn't it? Nice job buddy! It sure does look good. My next heli is gonna be something like what you have. I want a 600 sized heli, but I'm also considering a 550 sized heli because I hear the 550 uses mostly the same parts and electronix but just one battery so the power to weight ratio is more efficient on the 550. But i really like the size of the 600, so I'm torn.

Anyway...Nice job and I look forward to seeing more flight videos!!!

Top Bottom