Micro Brushless Setup... finally done.. will maiden soon.

Tony

Staff member
Yes, I noticed that the gear mesh was a little much. Afterall it is a 9 tooth when the stocker is an 8 tooth. But, my CF frame allows you to adjust the motor around like a bigger heli. Those batteries you have, are those the ones for the 120sr? If so, I"m going to get a couple from the hobby shop. I"m tired of waiting and I'm done ordering from hobbyking. The shipping is just stupid long and I would rather pay the extra money to get something in the USA that I know will work, and I can send back if I have an issue.

I want this bird in the air so friggin bad that I may go to the LHS tomorrow before work and maiden the damn thing in their parking lot hahaha.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
yes those batteries are the ones made for 120sr.. but please remember the stock eflite batteries will just increase weight for little to now power upgrade. You will need 550 hyperion 25C batteries.

now as far as the connector, they come with the banana connectors. you will need to change those. DONOT put stock mcpx connectors, they are rated at a max of 3A. the micro deans are rated at 10A. The full current draw at max power goes upto 6A. you are using a 7A esc.. so .. see you will need a connector upgrade. :)

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I am really looking forward to videos of that beast Gaba. You need a Goblin canopy for that powerhouse. :onthego:

Morelight

Fearless Freep
Of course we've been waiting for your video's Tony. The long wait for your batteries has deprived us of our weekly videos from you. You didn't happen to video the brushless conversion of yours? I have much the same kit as you, but you have the more better motor, and a carbon frame. I'm in no hurry to install any of it, since I have to get some weather and try flying again, but it would be nice to have the video one day??

Edit: It snowed a bit today, and 25mph winds. But my RC Airtime Skids came in. :listening_headphone

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
I did video the conversion, but with the troubles I have had with the company I received it from, I will not be posting it. I tried to edit it yesterday and there is just no way to do it without giving this hack of a website credit for the kit. I in no way will ever support that website that I got the kit from and if I see their name on this site, I will urge people to never order from them because of their crappy customer service. And I have given up on the HK batteries. I'm filing for lost mail on these. Tomorrow marks 3 weeks and I have never waited that long for an order. And I will never order from them again. USA only for me from now on.

And I'm still uploading videos every week. It's all about Project Maxx right now though. But, if I get my club membership back, I should have a lot more videos to upload of flight footage on my Edge and my Extra.

Lee

I've heard a lot of problems with that retailer too. All my stuff has arrived in Spain waiting for me to play with it :D

Tony

Staff member
If you saw my post on facebook, my batteries are still sitting in Zurick. I think this was the straw that broke the camels back when it comes to hobbyking. Great prices, but stupid long wait times.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Tony check lhs around first. Many of them carry some of that stuff.

Like my lhs... Has turnigys..they are more expensive.. But you know... Something to consider.

Tony

Staff member
A 5c charge rate? holy crap lmao. And that is better than the prices I have seen before on the 550's. I may just order from that guy. The Maxx is sold, so I have a little money to play with, or will soon.

Lee

Thats the place i told you about before. I put $190 in there hands for MCPX stuff and it got refunded because they had Paypal issues with international accounts. Shame as they have a tonne of great stuff.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
atleast they gave it back.. :p :p heehee JKJK!! :)

thats does suck though. I havent ordered from them, but I am loving the fact that they have tarot 450 parts!! :) :) :)

Tony

Staff member
When this truck sells, I will be ordering some from them. I'm not sure if I will order only 3, or get 6. Either way, if/when I receive the 300's, they will be for sale after I get these.

Lee

They actually gave me the money back three times. It cost them $30 in paypal costs. Guess they would be happy if i don't order again..
I think my batteries have arrived Tony. My mother in law received a package today.

Tony

Staff member
It shows it sorting this morning at 0743. But is that my 0743 or their 0743? Should be there either today or tomorrow. I wonder how fast I can kill them lmao.

Top Bottom