Micro Brushless Setup... finally done.. will maiden soon.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
That is a really nice conversion. Worth the money it cost you Gaba. Really nice flying, especially in the wind. :congratulatory:

Tony

Staff member
IT's about friggin time!!! And I have you saying "Frikkin" now hahaha. Great flying bro. Maybe one day I will be as good as you lol. Put the stock weighted blades on and see how they do. Should pop a little more than the KBDD's.

Tony

Staff member
If my batteries are in (the wife said I received 3 packages today), I will do some night flying under the street light tonight. Doubt I will be able to get it on video though. Too dark. May take it out before work tomorow and get some maiden video. Either way, I need to catch up to the Skillz of teh Gabster...

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahahhaha! tryin to make me feel good?? .. lol its working! heeheehee

I hope the batteries are in bro! get your bird in the air man!

Tony

Staff member
You and I both man. I want this thing to flip like no other, and with 6 batteries, I should be able to break quite a few parts hehe. Good thing I have 3 sets of blades...

And making you feel good, wasn't my intention. You have gained in flying faster than anyone on this forum. You wanted to give up about a month in, I told you no, and now you have passed just about everyone on here. There is a reason I hold you to the "higher standard" lol. Love having members such as yourself.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
:)

Thanks I appreciate that! ;)

I do remember the part where I wanted to quit. Lol

For the life of me, I couldn't hover! Lol ;) good days! :)

And to be honest dude! Most of where I am flying is because of this forum and the people here! :) so I do thank Rc-help and you a lot! :)

Last edited:

Tony

Staff member
It all seems so simple now that we are in the air, but we also remember the struggles we had to go though. Holding your breath for the 5 minute flight, bad rudder adn collective control cause you are shaking too much. Ah memories.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Heehee. I don't know if you remember when i said there is no way I would start a 600 size it's noise will make me pee my pants. Lol I fly two nitro 600's now.. Heehee fun fun!!

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I wish they were memories. Horizon Hobby sent a response from the same ticket about the "bizarre" behaviour of the swash pulling back as soon as any collective is applied.

Today I was told same as last time its not the board fault whatsoever. That the members of the forum who said it was are wrong. And saving the best for last, that the swash pulling all the way back on a dead level, as my video clearly showed in HD, is the way flybarless helicopters work.

They did say I might be able to send it to them for warranty evaluation. I will try to fly the heli the next warm calm day and video. I hope it is me and not the mcpx. :chickendance: I just heard some polka music and couldn't help it.

Tony

Staff member
I did. I charged up the batteries and did one hover test last night to see about flight times. With a good wind, I can get 4 minutes out of them, so I'm keeping my timer on 3 minutes just to be safe. I will try to get it in the air Saturday. I have too much to do with other things than to fly it this morning unfortunately. They also gave me a turnigy/zippy/hobbyking decal set lol. brownnosers lmao

Tony

Staff member
What does "HAN" mean? And I might order from the USA warehouse if I see something I really want, but this HK stuff is done IMO. Pay a little more now, and get a little more play out of it with faster and cheaper shipping. It does have a good head speed, and with some pitch pumps that I did in the dark (lost it a couple times lmao, never crashed though) and the tail never moved. There is a slow drift in it though,but that could have been from the initialization of the gyro. It wasn't very solid when I plugged it in and was moving around. More to come, I can assure you.

Lee

I can't watch your video Gaba. All other video work and the internet is fine, but when i load yours, it just gets stuck and youtube has a fit and freezes??? Nothing you can do but i thought i'd tell you.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
That sucks lee! Try another browser. I don't why that is. I posted it on the videos forum too. So see if that embedded one works.

Lee

Tried it on Google Chrome and worked. So its a Safari/Flash player issue. Nice flying mate. Can't wait to set mine up.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Lee, its happeneing with me too. my youtube is just getting stuck and not working. And I am on Firefox on windows XP on my work laptop.. dont know why... its frustrating..

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
It's awesome what a good set of blades and a non chewed up gear can do.

Bullet blades are back order. Went pink kbdd again. Changed main gear.. Changes head yoke, the feathering shaft was NOT bent!! :O interestingly... Lol replaced the main shaft, and the bird is Rock solid again! With crazy amount of power! :) :) :)

Top Bottom