Micro Brushless Setup... finally done.. will maiden soon.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
HaHA!!!!!

Guess what!! :D ... MCPX is brushless.

XP-7A esc (Flashed with a governor for no bogging and no need of a converter), HP05 motor with 9t pinion. Microheli swash, 120sr tail motor, Plantraco 65mm prop for tail from astroid designs, frame brace for stock frame (yeah 5 bucks is better than a 40 dollar upgraded frame), Carbon Tail fin for prop protection again from astroid designs.

Will install my v2 bullet proof skids on it. And Pink KBDD blades.. Why pink?? because they have re designed the pink KBDD's for being lighter and faster.. have a LOT more pop than other KBDD. Also for breast cancer awareness.. its like two birds with a stone! good pair of blades and a healthy pair of b**bies ! :p :D heehe!

anywaz.. here is a pic..

user130453_pic71288_1334070769.jpg

Tony

Staff member
That seems a little counter productive to me. Now the air will be hitting the tail fin and working against it's self. Ah well, if it works. but you can put that prop on that direction with the motor on the other side as well. As an electrical engineer, you should know it's not good to run a brushed motor backwards. They have timing built into them, and if you run them backwards, then you can have premature wear on teh commutator and brushes. Should be interesting.

Tony

Staff member
Not to mention, your tail is now working against the laws of physics. This will push the tail down with centrifugal force. ah well, I guess if it flies....

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
3D is all about defying physics! Come on tony I thought you knew that.. Lol!!! ;)

Jk!

Who says i am an electrical engineer? I would neither accept or deny that!! ;P
:D

Tony

Staff member
hahaha, I know you are, I have seen your transcripts hehe. and I had one thing wrong up there. the motor is spinning the correct way, but it's still trying to push the tail down. I think. eh I don't know, it's been a long morning and I have had no sleep. Now GET ME VIDEO!!!!!! Since I can't fly mine, I want to see you fly yours.

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I want to reach into the picture and swap mine for yours Gaba. I hope it works well. Bee's fly. Lets hope the physics work for that beeefy looking tail she's got.

Is that the Craig conversion or yours?

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Craigs.. :) :) Its actually a pic he sent me :)

I still dont have it in my hand... couldnt wait to post and brag some.. heeheehee

I am gonna get it on saturday.. then video! :)

Tony

Staff member
Morelight, that is the same size tail I have on my setup. But, mine is mounted correctly :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ohh ok.. I found out one of the reasons for the opposite motor installation. To keep the motor cool, apparently the 120 tail motor is hearing up and actually burning up faster,, ESP with the high torque and rpm head of the now bl mcpx,

The tail holds perfect and true with this config too.

Tony

Staff member
If that was the case, then they would be selling a heatsink for it. either configuration though, there is air going over the motor. Whether it's being pulled or pushed, it's still going over it. I need that CF tail support though.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
no they wouldnt be.. 120 sr tail on 120 sr is handling the torque by the 120 sr itself... fixed pitch brushed heli

putting it on a mcpx.. brushless... which spins (11000-16300 rpm ballpark depending on the motor) , you are looking at a bit hotter motor. and heat sink will make it more tail heavy.. :)

Tony

Staff member
and heat sink will make it more tail heavy.. :)

And with your tail rotor spinning the wrong way, you need all the help you can get. :/

the 120 SR has a bigger main motor, and being fixed pitch, it puts more constant torque on the tail unlike the mcpx that unloads when at 0 pitch... Think about that Mr. Engineer :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Really?? Lol think about it.. Constant load is true.. But doing good 3d load you are looking much much higher load!!!

Man!! No one believes!! Lol

Tony

Staff member
I agree that when doing pitch pumps, you are putting it under load, but that is only about 20% of the time, max. this is fun :biggrin1:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
The bird is here! The pink kbdd fast and light blades are on, and man! I pump pitch into the bird and it's unlimited climb with no give in tail.

So MUCH POWER! SO MUCH POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's awesome! It has so much pitch, I had a hard time flipping in my front yard. It's quick and it's awesome!

Would definitely need 550's for getting more flight time and even more power!

But with my 300's I am getting 3 minutes of soft flying, and TON of power. Cannot imagine what the 550's will do to it!! So good!!!! Pics ad video coming soon. :)

Top Bottom