Micro Brushless Setup... finally done.. will maiden soon.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Here are some pics for y'all !! :)

There is my carbon frame brace that protects my main frame from cracking because of the torque.. from astroid designs.
IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg
IMG_0841.jpg
IMG_0842.jpg
IMG_0843.jpg
IMG_0844.jpg
IMG_0845.jpg

as I have listed before.. but in all this you will see
MCPX V2 main board (Please donot copy the solder joints from these pics to your V1.. you'll fry it :) )
KBDD blades : Pink... They are faster and lighter than other KBDD's
Microheli swash
Carbon Frame Brace
Extended Tail Boom
120 Tail motor mounted with Astroid design Tail motor holder. (makes installation of any motor(dual motor or 120 or anything) a breeze)
Plantraco 65mm Prop
Carbon Fibre Tail Fin (to protect the tail blade only)
HP05 Brushless
XP-7A Programmable (flashed with governor software)
Bullet Proof Skids from Air Time RC Products
Astroid design main blade holder linkages. Stiffer and a bit thicker.
300mah Turnigy batteries soon to go to Hyperion 550's with micro deans all the way

Ask me anything about this, and or, tell me what you think! :)

IMG_0846.jpg

IMG_0840.jpg

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

IMG_0843.jpg

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0845.jpg

Last edited:

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
i knew it! lol.. I am gonna actually fly it.. not just hover it but fly it today.. :) will keep my iphone to take videos.. :) lets see how that goes. :)

Tony

Staff member
I refuse to answer any more of your threads until we get video. You have been summonsed to produce video of the brushless mcpx, or we will be forced to bring out the ban hammer. There is teasing, then there is torture, you are on the verge of torture...

:chuckles:

Tony

Staff member
haha, I should put that in the rulez. (Video Posting Rules: You must upload one video a week to the forum, or whenever you get a new toy or upgrade an existing toy. Failure to do so will result in a 7 day :banroll:) hahahahahahaha

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
hahahaahha...... ok ok ok ok.. calm yo self!!!!! lol... Let me get off work, and let me figure some stuff out.. its not as easy as you think. I want to make a HD video with my iphone this time.. lets c if that works. if not.. i will be doing SD video from my hat cam. :)

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
she lives an hour away lol. i wish.. :)

You guys just dont have good luck right now. I found a PERFECT spot for my phone where my flying area would be fully visible. and i mounted it there... flew three batteries back to back, blabbing around, talking and what not.. only to realize. stupid phone is out of memory!! beautiful!!! grrrrrr

i have a 2 minute clip. use it as a teaser, that'll have to do for now. lol :D

Tony

Staff member
You call that a video? Delete your pictures and videos that are on there and get some real video hahahahaahahahaha

Morelight

Fearless Freep
I found a PERFECT spot for my phone where my flying area would be fully visible. and i mounted it there... flew three batteries back to back, blabbing around, talking and what not.. only to realize. stupid phone is out of memory!!

Need I point out you are an engineer Gaba. Just because you are now 25 is no excuse. Why haven't you already made your own Hi Def system for flying already? :sadwavey::single_eye:

Lee

I thought that was just a fly on the lens of the camera LOL :D Joking :p looks very nimble thats for sure.

coolgabsi

Super Mod & DEAL KING!
Ok... Figured out why I have such low flight times.

GEAR MESH!!! I had to kinda move the motor like half a mm back and the main gear freed up. I have the same gear mesh I would have on a bigger heli.

Also bit the bullet and bought 5 Hyperion 550 and micro deans connectors(which are more than necessary! Because of the amp draw)

Lhs had it all, picked it all up, soldered the connectors to the mcpx and the batts and the charger cables. Connected it, and OH MY GHOSH!! The power has doubled from when I first got it from that guy and I was running on 300mah turnigys. I would not ever let the bird touch me, cause believe me it will go through the skin. The power that you saw in that video just double that on 80 percent flat throttle! Threw it around and literally heard the blades fart loud doing hurricanes !! I cannot believe what kind of power this has now!
Tiny you might wanna check your gear mesh too. If you haven't changed it, you are looking at minimal flight times.

On my Hyperion now I got solid 5 minutes of power doing inverted stuff like y'all have seen before! And I was pumping pitch into it, and man! It's like mcpx on STEROIDS! I definitely need more space to fly it now.

Suggestions:

Beginners... Going bl will spoil the mcpx for you. It's extremely touchy and extremely powerful! Stuff will start breaking now at that headspeed power abd weight.

This actually goes for everyone, try to be very generous with throttle hold now.

And !! The gear mesh and the head speed, fixing it all resulted in... Guess what.. AN AUTO! No kidding ! It Floated for a while cause the motor was free spinning and the head speed was enough to keep up.

Video! I wanted to today. But it got too dark before I could actually maiden it. So I maidened it, and now next flight I promise I will have atleast a ad video.

Top Bottom