450 Align TRex 450 Pro v2 3 GX build

Tony

Staff member
It's great that you are liking this bird and I have to agree, it's much better than the 300 by a LONG shot. Sucks abotu your crash though. But it happens to be best of us. You may have only busted yoru blades, but you need to check yoru main shaft and your feathering shaft. They could be bent. Hope you get back in the air quickly.

Tomhintz

It's great that you are liking this bird and I have to agree, it's much better than the 300 by a LONG shot. Sucks abotu your crash though. But it happens to be best of us. You may have only busted yoru blades, but you need to check yoru main shaft and your feathering shaft. They could be bent. Hope you get back in the air quickly.

I already tore it down and the shafts look fine rolling on glass. (I did this a bunch on the Blade 300X) I think it is just the blade. while ordering helo stuff today I did start a crash kit with a byunch of parts like main shafts, feathering shafts, gears etc. I kknow there will be meeting with the ground now and then because I can be docile just so long, then I'm gonna let it rip someway. we have a huge open field where I fly fixed wing so I can get it up and experiment out there.

Tony

Staff member
Good deal. Hope you get it going here real soon. Do some flying for me as well since I can't right now lmao.

Tomhintz

What kev stated is exactly right. Use his info and it will be more stablr. Also, lower your flip and roll rates to 20% and raise both dampening rates to 70% that should tame it down a lot.

Do you have a video on making these kinds of adjustments? I found sliders in the program but it doesn't show percentages that I am seeing.

Tomhintz

I am sad to say that i got anxious when the new blades showed up, I put a set on fired it up and noticed the ends looked "fuzzy" but elected to continue. dumb, dumb move. rolled it over and dinged it up a little.
It's all apart on the bench and will stay that way until probably saturday morning when I shoujld have all of my parts and good dsetup tools (swashplate leveler, digital pitch gauge) so I can go through this thing and get it right up front. I knew it wasn't right but thought I could just hover it around a little anyway.

I will go sit in the dunce corner for a while.

Tony

Staff member
We have all been there. My last flight with the 3GX heli was because I forgot to reverse the elevator gyro when I put the gyro under the heli lmao. Head up bro!

Slobberdog

Here you go guys, Tom and Chomps, the settings Tony went through with me and refined, see what you think
image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

On top of these I am using no 100% D/R and 30% Expo on aileron and elevator

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Tony

Staff member
I would lower the flip rate down to about 20-25, this will really soften it up. And set the collective and cyclic dampening to about 70. This should tame it down a lot.

Tomhintz

We have all been there. My last flight with the 3GX heli was because I forgot to reverse the elevator gyro when I put the gyro under the heli lmao. Head up bro!

It just ticks me off when I do something stupid like that. I knew before I took it outside that I should just wait and really go through this thing with the right tools. One of the reasons I got back into flying RC is that I have been diagnosed with Early Onset Alzheimer's and this kind of mental exercise is good for me. the focus and concentration of flying reqally works the brain but I know I don't have as long left as I used to think. Barring a major medical breakthrough I have maybe a dozen years left if things go right and I hate wasting any time at all. But getting in a hurry isn;t smart either.
I jsut found out that I had to go to small fonts on my computer to see the whole slider int he 3G software. I was close, I was guessing that it was a scale of 100 but I will tweak that also before I put it back in the air. I have DJI Phantom that I cruise around the yard with. I got it to take GoPro videos of stuff but it's also fun (and good practice) following squirrels around the trees with it. It drives them nuts.

Slobberdog

Dude sorry to hear of your condition, but you have the right frame of mind to fight it, or try to slow it anyway, great spirit,

Chasing squirrels I love it, lets see some go pro vids of that, would be great entertainment,

Chompwat

Thanks Kev. I'll play with that over the weekend!
Got planks to set up when I get home tomorrow ready for the HK UK fly in on Saturday. Their UK warehouse is only 3 miles from my house. How lucky is that?

Tomhintz

Dude sorry to hear of your condition, but you have the right frame of mind to fight it, or try to slow it anyway, great spirit,

Chasing squirrels I love it, lets see some go pro vids of that, would be great entertainment,

I'll start sending the GoPro along on the squirrel chases. maybe it would make some decent video eventually.

Slobberdog

Thanks Kev. I'll play with that over the weekend!
Got planks to set up when I get home tomorrow ready for the HK UK fly in on Saturday. Their UK warehouse is only 3 miles from my house. How lucky is that?

Yeah you could say its lucky, lol if they ever have any stock there, LOL

Tomhintz

Has anyone had experience with Atlanta Hobby? I tried to order some stuff from them last week, all showed in stock but only one thing came with everything else backordered. Then I cancelled the remaining stuff both by calling them and using their Help Desk, both said "Its taken care of". Then today I get a notice that they shipped something and I see another charge on my card. It is hard to beleive that one place can so consisztently screw something up but perhaps they are trying to set a new standard.
Thank god you folks told me about amainhobbies.com! I have a bunch of stuff due here today from them so I can maybe get flying again!

Tony

Staff member
Never dealt with them, but the best thing to do is just what you did, spread the word that they will charge your card without authorization. I would call the CC company and report that one. You canceled the order, they still charged you, that is borderline CC fraud.

Dizzle000

Hey guys I have a question I built up my 450 pro 3gx and I had to put in 1 shim on the feathering shaft and I noticed there is still I tiiiiiiny bit of up and down play almost not enough that the second shim would fit in. Is it anything to worry about I watched Tony's build vids ,and I'm worried that if I add the shim my auto rotation will go super stiff. What's your thoughts add the shim or not to add the shim, I kno if I add it there will be zero play at all , but like I say befor I may have a tight auto rotation it's just its so buttery smooth mmmmm love them align helis.
Kyle

- - - Updated - - -

Or I could crack the block nuts and try to spread them a hair?

Tony

Staff member
I will answer this post, but please put all questions in your own thread next time.

I would put the second shim in. What i have found is that if I sand slightly, the dampers (DFC head) on somem 1500 grit, I can get it perfect. If they are rubber dampers, you can set it a little tight and let it wear in. Trust me, it will wear in. Just make sure it's not too tight.

Tomhintz

Hey guys I have a question I built up my 450 pro 3gx and I had to put in 1 shim on the feathering shaft and I noticed there is still I tiiiiiiny bit of up and down play almost not enough that the second shim would fit in. Is it anything to worry about I watched Tony's build vids ,and I'm worried that if I add the shim my auto rotation will go super stiff. What's your thoughts add the shim or not to add the shim, I kno if I add it there will be zero play at all , but like I say befor I may have a tight auto rotation it's just its so buttery smooth mmmmm love them align helis.
Kyle

- - - Updated - - -

Or I could crack the block nuts and try to spread them a hair?
I think you are talking about the main shaft that the rotor head bolts to? I would try the second shim. If you can still feel play it is likely that the shim will fit without binding things up. I have both shims in mine and there is still just a tick of play up and down but it seems fine when running.

Dizzle000

Ahh yes my bad I meant main shaft I think I will put the second shim in and hopefully it's not binding tight I run great so far just wanted to see what people's thought were to be on the safe side

- - - Updated - - -

So I installed the second shim just like I thought would happen my auto rotation is stiff as nails what shall I do now loosen the block and see if I can gain Ron threw there or just remove the shim?

Top Bottom