450 Align TRex 450 Pro v2 3 GX build

Slobberdog

I think I have my throttle set at 90-90-85-90-90 on my Trex, and pitch curve of 0-25-50-75-100 or linear, you need to have the pitch curve the same as mine but you could run 75-75-75-75-75 across the board, oh and I have not used the idle up on my 450 yet, but I do run it on my 130x all the time but that is flat 80% I think

Tony

Staff member
The BeastX or the AR7200BX (built in 7ch Spektrum DSMX Rx) is a GREAT gyro to use. I'm flying one on my 600 nitro, and it will handle more vibrations than the 3GX, hence why I have not put the 3GX back on the nitro yet. Yes, I said YET! It will go on. but yes, the BX is a great gyro and if you get it, you will love it. Easy to setup, you don't need a computer like you do with the Ikon, and it's just bone stable from the first setup. Get one and you will see.

Tomhintz

I think I have my throttle set at 90-90-85-90-90 on my Trex, and pitch curve of 0-25-50-75-100 or linear, you need to have the pitch curve the same as mine but you could run 75-75-75-75-75 across the board, oh and I have not used the idle up on my 450 yet, but I do run it on my 130x all the time but that is flat 80% I think

Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks!!

- - - Updated - - -

The BeastX or the AR7200BX (built in 7ch Spektrum DSMX Rx) is a GREAT gyro to use. I'm flying one on my 600 nitro, and it will handle more vibrations than the 3GX, hence why I have not put the 3GX back on the nitro yet. Yes, I said YET! It will go on. but yes, the BX is a great gyro and if you get it, you will love it. Easy to setup, you don't need a computer like you do with the Ikon, and it's just bone stable from the first setup. Get one and you will see.

Thanks tony. I might have to give one a try. It just got my attention when that many of our guys are using the same thing and everybody seems really happy with it. I am liking the Trex 450 (largely because of your help) and am not seeing me quitting it anytime soon. If the BeastX will step me up a little, great! I am just looking for baby steps in the helicopter process but they are fun as well!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks tony. I might have to give one a try. It just got my attention when that many of our guys are using the same thing and everybody seems really happy with it. I am liking the Trex 450 (largely because of your help) and am not seeing me quitting it anytime soon. If the BeastX will step me up a little, great! I am just looking for baby steps in the helicopter process but they are fun as well!

Tomhintz

Took the BeastX jump, will have it tomorrow and hopefully int he air in the yard anyway the day after if my regular work can stay out of the way! I am also going to try setting up the collective for use as well.

Tomhintz

Tony, did you do a tutorial on the AR7200BX? I need some reading to pass the time until I get mine.
Just a side note: Everybody I talk to at my clubnd HATES Blade stuff as cheap and simplyh a means to sell parts. I lost one of my blade control linkages in the big crash so settled for some Blade metal rods that are about the same length until the Align parts shipment gets here. the last flight at the flying field I dumped it on the side and the only damage was that Blade linkage was bent badly. Everything else was fine!

Tomhintz

I have not had a chance to do the AR7200BX videos. They are in the plans though.

I found that A Main Hobbies has a nice series on that RX in the Youtube channel. Looks pretty simple really, once I fugure out the particulars on the servos, volatge and frequency I think yo need to know.

Tomhintz

I ws just messing around with my 450 (no BeastX yet) and when I was going to land I just hit the throttle hold switch and sort of autorotate/hover down. It went down hard this time and on the bench when I go from any throttle positoin and flip throttle hold the swashplate dropps all the way down and there is no response from the sticks. That doesn;t seem right as i was able to actually stop the drop before when I hit throttle hold.
Also, the sw3ashplate only goes uhp and down once or twice while it is initializing. sometimes it has audible beeps, other times they are very quiet but you can hear them if its silent in the room.
What most concerns me is the throttle hold thing and why the swashplate just drops out and won;t respond to anything (normal mode by the way).

Tony

Staff member
If you want to do the "baby auto's", then you will just hover over the place where you want to land. Remember, the helicopter is going to move to the right when you hit that throttle hold switch. But, once you are happy with your position, you will hit the T-Hold switch and start slowly adding collective. It's imperitave that you have the same throttle curve from 50% up on ALL settings to do this. Otherwise, you will either drop, or flair. Once the helicopter has bled off enough head speed, it will start to slowly go down even though you are adding positive collective. Once the skids hit the ground, go to full negative to "plant" it to the ground. Hope this helps.

Tomhintz

If you want to do the "baby auto's", then you will just hover over the place where you want to land. Remember, the helicopter is going to move to the right when you hit that throttle hold switch. But, once you are happy with your position, you will hit the T-Hold switch and start slowly adding collective. It's imperitave that you have the same throttle curve from 50% up on ALL settings to do this. Otherwise, you will either drop, or flair. Once the helicopter has bled off enough head speed, it will start to slowly go down even though you are adding positive collective. Once the skids hit the ground, go to full negative to "plant" it to the ground. Hope this helps.

That's exactly what I have been doing but now when I hit t-hold I get that swashplate dropping deal and that pulls the blades into negative pitch, hence the hard landing. I can;t get it to do anything but drop the swashplazte now on the bench. It does kill the motor but before i was able to add pitch to slow the decent. I also killed my last main gear with that hard landing so I am out of commiskion until tomorrow. the BeaastX comes today so with that and the new parts coming I may jjust go through the 450 closely, set up the BeastX and see how that is. Hopefully going through the new setup will change how that t-hold is acting now.

Tony

Staff member
Check all of your pitch settings. The thing to remember is, never go into negative pitch until AFTER your skids touch the ground. You want to ALWAYS be feeding positive pitch into it.

If you have your normal mode set with little negative pitch, but IU1 and 2 have full negative, then that is why it's dropping the swash. If you want to run it like some of us do on here, including myself, just set a linear curve for All flight modes on your pitch.

Tomhintz

Check all of your pitch settings. The thing to remember is, never go into negative pitch until AFTER your skids touch the ground. You want to ALWAYS be feeding positive pitch into it.

If you have your normal mode set with little negative pitch, but IU1 and 2 have full negative, then that is why it's dropping the swash. If you want to run it like some of us do on here, including myself, just set a linear curve for All flight modes on your pitch.

I went back and made sure that both the normal mode and stunt have lineral pitch curves, 0-25-50-75-100 and in either flight mode (I only have two, DX6i) flipping the t-hold towards you kills the motor and drops the swashplate to the bottom and there is no pitch response on the left stick. I still have full control through the right stick, all the way around. I tried re-binding the TX and RX, same deal. and it still only moves the swashplate up and down once or twice during initialization but then it sounds and acts fine until i move the t-hold switch.This is frustrating! It seems like it shojld work as it did before, I have not changed anything in the radio or RX yet but here I am, scratching my head.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, I know what is going on. Go back into yoru pitch menu and go to the Hold section. In there, that should be linear as well. Only the throttle curve should be at a flat 0%.

Tomhintz

Ah, I know what is going on. Go back into yoru pitch menu and go to the Hold section. In there, that should be linear as well. Only the throttle curve should be at a flat 0%.

There you go with your smarty pants stuff again! (That means it worked....)
somewhere along the line somebody told me to use a flat t-hold curve for some reason. I remember that now, or think I do, I am never quite sure these days. I do know that I had full pitch congtrol before when I switched off the motor. Oh well, looks like all it really cost me was another main gear. I got more (black ones this time) coming and the guys at amainhobbies.com are smiling once again! did you know that amainhobbies charges way less for overnight ups (morning delivery no less) than just about anybody I deal with? why wojuld I order and wiat three days when for a few bucks more I can have the stuff here in the morning? thanks for turning me on to them as well!
I am getting hopeful about the new RX with the beastX. some of the guys have described it as having a whole new helicopter that flies right after putting it in. LOTS of guys in our club will use nothing else so there has to be some level of truth in all that.

Tomhintz

So, let's say that some knucklehead put the mixing arms on the Trex 450 Pro backwards so they stuck out from the mast rather than running across it. Lets also say that he got them snapped onto the balls on the swashplate in that wrong position. What might that do to the flying? I think I know someone who did just that and has flown it several times like that, a coupole times after the flight finding one of those mixing arms unsnapped from the swashplate.
Got the BeastX in and have gone through the setup. Now I am anxious to try flying it but all the thunder and lightning is making that seem doubtful today anyway. It sure seems to correct faster when you tip the helo around. Everybody is telling me this will be a whole new"feeling" helicopter - and they didn;t know about the mixing arms.....

Tomhintz

Is there a gearing chart someplace for the trex 450 that woujld helpo me decide which pair of gear and pinion I have that might be good for just hovering around and trying to not get into trouble?

cn63bug

Is there a gearing chart someplace for the trex 450 that woujld helpo me decide which pair of gear and pinion I have that might be good for just hovering around and trying to not get into trouble?

Have you adjusted you D/R settings any? You should be able to "dumb" down the controls, so it's a little easier to control from the beginning. Try increasing your aileron and elevator expo percentages some. That will "soften" the center of your stick slowing the reponsiveness. Lowering the rates will limit your endpoints in a manner of speaking.
An example of normal rates:
Ail=100/0%
Ele=100/0%
Rud=100/0%
Lowered rates:
Ail=70/30%
Ele=70/30%
Rud=80/20%

Hope that helps :)

Tony

Staff member
Mixing arms? Isn't your heli a FBL heli? If so, then you dont' have mixing arms. Are you talking about the swash drivers (metal arms) or the radius arms (plastic pieces that snap to the swash)? If the metal arms are backwards, it will just put a severe angle on the radius arms. If you put the radius arms on backwards, then that will throw off your swash phasing by a LOT. Both ways need to be corrected. The metal arms should CROSS the head block, and the radius arms should PUSH the swash (I think, double check this with teh manual). Hope this helps.

Top Bottom