What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Yea, I had projection lenses on my R6. Very good and very bright. I'm sure the LED's are much better!

Rob Lancaster

I hear that all the time. I really don't care though.

Yeah I sometimes have a morbid sense of humor. The fact is were all organ donors when we get on a bike, in a car, truck or what ever. Especially around here. Here in Hawaii, the blinker is not used very much. You might say, its optional. Next comes the red light runners. I'm about a 1/4 mile from the Hwy here. Rule is, after the light turns green the next 4 seconds is critical! You can't just charge it. You must wait for the 3 or 4 red runners going at 45 mph plus. At the same time the guy that wants to turn left in front of you (no blinker!) doesn't think you have the right of way so they too cut right in front of you like a damn game of chicken. And they look at you like DAHH!!!! Their mystified at the NEAR MISS. Fools all!!!!

I've been on a few motor cycles and love it. As a matter of fact, I was looking at a nice 250 Indro last month. (Don't have the money) just dreaming. So yeah, go for the gusto, get what you want. I'm sure you know what's up and you'll be on the ball. Have fun!!

Rob Lancaster

I rode one back in the day. The nurses call them "donor cycles" I've lost a few brothers and why I stopped riding the roads. Off road now only!

Off road only,,,, my older brother used to ride moto cross. He was one of those guys that like it 30 feet in the air. And although there ain't no cars and trucks to deal with on the track or in the mountains, he has busted many bones. Not to mention a few small coma's and concussions.. When it all adds up, there's some new teeth in his mouth and several titanium pins in his bones. lol! But hey that's what he wants to do. Besides I don't pay his medical bills ha!

Heck now it's back to the street. He's riding one of those 3 wheeled Can-Am things. That thing is wild.
Oh hey,, the red light runners were bountiful today......... Well see won't we,, LOL!!
Remember folks, its a shoot'n gallery out there... Look out!............

Fly-n-Low

For thrills... I am looking at a new Z06... That thing is bad to the bone. And for the price of a 5 year old TurboS.... And that was my first choice.

Fly-n-Low

I finally found a picture of the gun I lost in a boating accident. What sucks is I was going to build another, but some of the parts are NLA.... Dammit!
TacSol barrel, receiver. Kidd trigger group (set at 2#), Hogue stock, billet scope rings, Zeiss 3X9, AND to follow that up, a GemTech suppressor. The action is louder than the discharge.
Ever hear of "driving nails"?

Fly-n-Low

Driving the dog.... Where the truck goes, he follows. It is like driving two in one. Have to be careful though. He gets a bit aggressive being a herding dog and all.

Attachments

• dog temp.jpg
    dog temp.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 2

Fly-n-Low

Off road only,,,, my older brother used to ride moto cross. He was one of those guys that like it 30 feet in the air. And although there ain't no cars and trucks to deal with on the track or in the mountains, he has busted many bones. Not to mention a few small coma's and concussions.. When it all adds up, there's some new teeth in his mouth and several titanium pins in his bones. lol! But hey that's what he wants to do. Besides I don't pay his medical bills ha!

Heck now it's back to the street. He's riding one of those 3 wheeled Can-Am things. That thing is wild.
Oh hey,, the red light runners were bountiful today......... Well see won't we,, LOL!!
Remember folks, its a shoot'n gallery out there... Look out!............

I have a CRF 230 and CRF 150. If I am more than a couple feet off the ground, I better be in my plane!!! I am more of a tech rider. I rode 30' down a 2x4 and through a door way that is narrower than the handle bars almost every day. Had to wiggle the bars on the way through. I used to do that going into and out of my shop. I used them to play and work on the farm I managed. The ground would be like small pea gravel (sharkey clay) when it was dry... Some where I have a gopro video helmet cam of me drifting on the 230. I had the roads so smooth, no feet on the ground but like dirt track, but I would get it leaned over in a drift... Bored farm boy.. LOL!

Attachments

• P3220009.JPG
    P3220009.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Rob Lancaster

Driving the dog.... Where the truck goes, he follows. It is like driving two in one. Have to be careful though. He gets a bit aggressive being a herding dog and all.

Nice hound! I know, I know, he's not a hound but to me all dogs are nice hounds. Oh and the RC car is cool too, lol!

Fly-n-Low

I wish we were close, I'd put you behind it. I have it tuned in... Took a bit of different ammo to make it cycle and stay subsonic. Basically you run a lower charge and a heavier bullet, so it still cycles. I have shot birds where the bullet hitting the bird made more noise than the gun made... And yes, I do have a class 3 license for the suppressor.

I could go on and on... I have a VSII 700 Remington in .220 Swift, custom loaded (by me) hot, three grains over max so far.... and the more I put in it, the tighter the groups became. I ended up sub MOA.... Dime size groups at 200 yards.

Attachments

• DSCN7836.jpg
    DSCN7836.jpg
    515.8 KB · Views: 2

Rob Lancaster

I have a CRF 230 and CRF 150. If I am more than a couple feet off the ground, I better be in my plane!!! I am more of a tech rider. I rode 30' down a 2x4 and through a door way that is narrower than the handle bars almost every day. Had to wiggle the bars on the way through. I used to do that going into and out of my shop. I used them to play and work on the farm I managed. The ground would be like small pea gravel (sharkey clay) when it was dry... Some where I have a gopro video helmet cam of me drifting on the 230. I had the roads so smooth, no feet on the ground but like dirt track, but I would get it leaned over in a drift... Bored farm boy.. LOL!

Now those Honda's bring back a few memories. My bro had a few CR-250s and KX 250s. That was back in the day of the 2 stroke. But they did have water cooling and an electronic ignition. They yanked! I loved the sound of the 2 stroke with an expansion chamber. I used to love to wined her up a bit (in neutral) and just let her wined down; boy that's music to my ears!!

Fly-n-Low

Nice hound! I know, I know, he's not a hound but to me all dogs are nice hounds. Oh and the RC car is cool too, lol!
I think we both love dogs!!! I have had them all my life more or less. Most rescues... My X wife gave me a new puppy... Other wise they came or found me.

Fly-n-Low

Now those Honda's bring back a few memories. My bro had a few CR-250s and KX 250s. That was back in the day of the 2 stroke. But they did have water cooling and an electronic ignition. They yanked! I loved the sound of the 2 stroke with an expansion chamber. I used to love to wined her up a bit (in neutral) and just let her wined down; boy that's music to my ears!!
I had an RM125... '78 I sold it to a friend of mine... I had it almost restored and he had to have it. I need to see if I can get it back... Hell yea, rrrring, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing, bing!!! I know that SOB would pull!!!

And I love the CRF bikes. The 230 is a machine! BUT!!! The 150 is so much fun. It is lighter and you can throw it around. No battery, kick start! And it will wind way up in top gear... It just keeps turning and turning... I need to put a tach on it next time out.

Rob Lancaster

I think we both love dogs!!! I have had them all my life more or less. Most rescues... My X wife gave me a new puppy... Other wise they came or found me.

Spike, the hound you see to the left came to me too when he was about six mounts old. I tried to find his owner but couldn't so we all decided to keep him. We had him for nearly 17 years and I miss him very much. Oh the stories I could tell,,,, like the time he cornered a rather large local intruder in our yard. I got to tell you, I was very impressed on how good ole Spike did this. The guy was so scared he took off his shirt and rapped it around his left arm. Spike had a mohawk and was all teeth with a big snarl'n growl, LOL!

I yelled, Spike to stay!!! And thank goodness he did. We don't need any legal entanglements, right..
I get to him and grab his collar. Then he launches at the guy so I get a good hold of him and tell the guy to get out of here and never come back. Naturally he agrees and apologizes for the intrusion and runs off.. Needless to say,, we never saw him again, HA! Good boy!! How about a snack, he he hee...

Rob Lancaster

I wish we were close, I'd put you behind it. I have it tuned in... Took a bit of different ammo to make it cycle and stay subsonic. Basically you run a lower charge and a heavier bullet, so it still cycles. I have shot birds where the bullet hitting the bird made more noise than the gun made... And yes, I do have a class 3 license for the suppressor.

I could go on and on... I have a VSII 700 Remington in .220 Swift, custom loaded (by me) hot, three grains over max so far.... and the more I put in it, the tighter the groups became. I ended up sub MOA.... Dime size groups at 200 yards.

Oh man I'd like that.
I didn't know you need a license for a suppressor?
And what's that laying in the back of the truck?

Fly-n-Low

Oh man I'd like that.
I didn't know you need a license for a suppressor?
And what's that laying in the back of the truck?

Sorry about your doggo. 17 years is a good run though. That long, I know you took good care of him. I pray I am that fortunate! And Charlie won't harm a fly... Well unless you are a squirrel! He LOVES to chase them. I have several pecan trees and they are all over. I don't shoot them in the yard though. One is black as coal, so shiny and pretty!

Laying in the back of the truck? Just an old shotgun.... :warning:

Akdal MKA 1919. Pretty much a Remington auto platform with a bottom fed magazine. I since have removed the front and "handle" sights. Take the handle off and there is a rail. Now it has a holographic sight and lives in my bedroom for the most part. I do have some 2 round mags for wing hunting. People scoff it it bird hunting... But it is light and I can drop the mag out and pop in another if I need it. I have Remingtons, Winchesters, etc.... I hunt with a scatter gun, this is what I bring.

The thing about a bottom fed magazine, is no matter how many rounds you have, 2 - 5 - 10, the center of gravity stays the same. So unlike high capacity tube magazines, the CG doesn't change when you fire the weapon.

For the house, I use the 5 round mag in the picture, and have another 5 and a 10 round loaded up in buckshot and slugs. An aggressive doggo would be nice, but all I need is to wake up the gun. Never thought I would prep like this, but such is the world we live in. I live out, but Jackson, MS is near. Their homicide rate is running right with Atlanta, GA... and Atlanta is 3-4 times larger.

Yes, you have to be licensed to have a suppressor, plus pay the tax stamp for each one. Same one you have to have for full auto and an SBR. It was expensive and time consuming to acquire. And before Hussein 0 left office, he put a twist in things and made it much more difficult to get (finger printing and passport quality photos required for every new purchase), so I stopped there. I wanted to get at least two more suppressor for my pistols... but it is what it is.

DSCN7846.jpg

Last edited:

Rob Lancaster

Sorry about your doggo. 17 years is a good run though. That long, I know you took good care of him. I pray I am that fortunate! And Charlie won't harm a fly... Well unless you are a squirrel! He LOVES to chase them. I have several pecan trees and they are all over. I don't shoot them in the yard though. One is black as coal, so shiny and pretty!

Laying in the back of the truck? Just an old shotgun.... :warning:

Akdal MKA 1919. Pretty much a Remington auto platform with a bottom fed magazine. I since have removed the front and "handle" sights. Take the handle off and there is a rail. Now it has a holographic sight and lives in my bedroom for the most part. I do have some 2 round mags for wing hunting. People scoff it it bird hunting... But it is light and I can drop the mag out and pop in another if I need it. I have Remingtons, Winchesters, etc.... I hunt with a scatter gun, this is what I bring.

The thing about a bottom fed magazine, is no matter how many rounds you have, 2 - 5 - 10, the center of gravity stays the same. So unlike high capacity tube magazines, the CG doesn't change when you fire the weapon.

For the house, I use the 5 round mag in the picture, and have another 5 and a 10 round loaded up in buckshot and slugs. An aggressive doggo would be nice, but all I need is to wake up the gun. Never thought I would prep like this, but such is the world we live in. I live out, but Jackson, MS is near. Their homicide rate is running right with Atlanta, GA... and Atlanta is 3-4 times larger.

Yes, you have to be licensed to have a suppressor, plus pay the tax stamp for each one. Same one you have to have for full auto and an SBR. It was expensive and time consuming to acquire. And before Hussein 0 left office, he put a twist in things and made it much more difficult to get (finger printing and passport quality photos required for every new purchase), so I stopped there. I wanted to get at least two more suppressor for my pistols... but it is what it is.

View attachment 23960

It's an old shot gun,, wow I thought it was it was a AR- or something..

And your absolutely right about the rise of lawlessness. And it ain't get'n any better anytime soon. With the level of corruption in the government, this country is going to go through hell..

I'm in the process of (the permit to acquire) my second firearm. Its a S&W 22LR Victory stainless with a threaded barrow. Buy Smith Wesson 10201 VICTORY 22 LR 55 10R Threaded Barrel Stainless Steel Online

I have a Ruger 10/22 rifle so I figured I'd get a nice target pistol that fires the same round. I figure if the s$#@t hits the fan around here, they should do the trick. (for now) HA!

About the suppressor, What the devil? Once again, leave it up to the government.....................

Top Bottom