What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
In all reality, I'm about there as well... Just no time to mess with it...

And with the issues that I"m having with the new server.... I have even less time...

murankar

Staff member
Bump controllers are really nice to have, especially if your into Vcontrol and NEO. Revolectric and Mikado nailed it roight out of the box. Once I program my tag with the controller it knows everything about the pack its about to charge. I get live updates on my phone VIA bluetooth. I can down load the data to my phone and update the charger and controller the same way. It will track just about everything you need on the packs to let you know whats going on. Its more than just bumping the pack to charge.

This next bit of info is probably the most controversial of all in this hobby. I am going to say right now go P@ off with your data. at the end of the day it is what it is. IR ratings on the pack are some of the most controversial things in this hobby. If you want true ratings get an ESR meter and do your own tests. For us 99% ers close enough is good enough. The bump controller will track IR rating during the charge cycle of the pack and track your historical ratings over the life of the pack. Now you can tell when your packs are on the way out on a basic level. This is by no means an accurate or definitive measure but its an indicator for sure. We have hobbiest who live and die by data on here. Guess what it doesn't mean crap to most of us out there. All we need is close enough to get what we need. I am not trying to be a rude hole about this but it is by far the most argumentative topic.

If I am to harsh block the post, just being honest and upfront about it. Yes the bump is everything its made out to be. Its worth the money; if you want that kind of assurance,yes. If your looking into the bump then your looking for more than just a basic charger, your looking for the data on your packs, you want the knowledge of whats going on with the packs. Does it meet the need as a basic charger setup for: "I don't want to think about it" attitude, yes for a price. At the end of the if your not happy with it some one on here will buy it from you.

Rob Lancaster

Not to harsh at all to me...
I like raw from the field data, it's the best and it drives the technology forward..

As for as my shipment,,,,,, it's been delayed again; DOH! LOL..... Maybe November some time. Let's see, that will bring it to?...……

bigone5500

work, work and... you guessed it... more work... My hands are so friggin tired of typing it's not even funny. And here I thought I wanted to type for a living lol.
I couldn't do it. My hands will go numb about every other paragraph.

Tony

Staff member
I want to put a key press counter on my work computer to see how many keys I press over the course of my 8.5 hours lol.

Admiral

Spent the afternoon removing the NBN network ( NBN is the government provided Fiber network system that all Providers must to use for house connections ) and installing a 5G router, early signs are that it's going to be a good move, increased speed from 100mb/sec to 250mb/sec and cheaper by about $40/month.

Rob Lancaster

Herd'n chickens,, no problem, I use to just rap on the rice pot. Then I have their undivided attention , lol...
Now that my yard chickens are not around, our centipede population has spiked up again. A few days ago we captured a 6 incher trying to get under the screen door. This thing had some weight and big freaken fangs!.. Yikes!!... Hale chickens!!! HA!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Amazon prime had a two day sale a couple of days ago. The wife doesn't get out house much due to riding in a vehicle screws her back up and other medical issue. During the sale on Monday, we ended up getting a 32" smart TV for spare bedroom and a Oculus quest 2 VR for her. Well it arrive today. She's been wanting one for awhile now. I've heard and seen some good things about this VR head set. Once she goes to sleep I'll give it a try and see what I think of it.

RandyDSok

Ivan I suspect she'll be happy with the Oculus Quest 2. While it's not the top of the line, the reviews I've seen are favorable as long as the PC it's connected to is able to support the games that are being played.

The only downside that people are bitching about is the requirement to register and login with Facebook now that they've purchased the company. It will be nice to get an unbiased opinion from someone we all know... so do let us know your thoughts on it.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Hey Randy. Thanks for that information. So far since the Oculus has arrived, I can't get her off it... LOL. That's great since she really don't have much fun. She has face book already so it's not a big deal to her. I have to make sure sitting down while playing. She has coordination issue in real life no less in VR world lmao. Absolutely I will give you my unbiased opinion. I'm taking notes as I type :). You have to understand that the wife get's dizzy just watching me racing and FPV...forget about it. She's gone to the bathroom to get sick Lol. Another example, she can't swim. Afraid of any body of water and now she is deep sea diving in our living room. So far it's a win, win situation :). My turn after midnight. Got MMA to watch :highly_amused:

Last edited:

RandyDSok

Lol... I can't tell you the number of people that "get sick" watching me fly in a sim ... It's an odd reaction to be certain and why some experience it and others don't, is beyond me even though I've read the reasons why and actually, logically get it. I would blame it on knowing which way I'm going to turn or roll, but I also don't have issues when watching someone else fly ( or drive )... so there is more to it than that.

I'm personally not ready to spend money on VR... but it certainly is cool tech and at some point I will likely have to dive in also. I also wouldn't have bought a gaming video card had there not been a big supply snafu that was affecting a clients computer they'd ordered. I like it now that I have it but would have rather spent my money elsewhere.

Fly-n-Low

Have you received the chair yet? I have heard a lot of reviews where people are saying the bottom cushion is pretty stiff. Not sure if it breaks in over time, which would be ideal especially that is the part that always wears out on a chair, and the fact that this is a $400 chair! I was looking at these as well. Just could not justify the cost.

Yea, been using is for a couple weeks. Darn sure worth the money IMO. The bottom is a bit stiff, but you don't bottom out like in my old chair. I also bought a cheaper chair (Dowinx) off Amazon... you can tell the difference big time!!! I have to take the Dowinx apart again to see if I can get it to stop creaking. The Omega is silent and has the cloth which I really like. Not as hot as the other chair with "pleather". If you send them a picture of it at your desk, they will up the warranty to 5 yrs for what that is worth.

Tony

Staff member
You all may see some things going away while I do some work on the forum. We are getting ready for the update, and some of the add-on's that we have must be removed before we can update the forum. So things like automatic updates for the alerts, unanswered threads, even the store, have gone away for now. Some will be returning, some will not due to cost. And possibly sometime today, the forum will be shut down for the update. If you see the forum is down, please clear your cache and remove any cookies for this site and you should be able to return as soon as the forum is put back live again.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
After awhile playing on the oculus quest 2, I have an update to report. As technology improves this is probably the best way to watch movies, play games or just take a trip anywhere around the world and not leave home. It has the color grid of the movie Tron. The sensation, I get, of being a ghost in a room but able to react with the VR app of choice. The images and the feeling you get are so life like. They recommend to use a oscillating fan, on some apps, to feel the cool breeze blow through your hair...if you have any. It's a wonderful thing for my wife. She doesn't get out or actually to enjoy anything she does without some sort of pain. She not a gamer and she has coordination issues too. So dizziness and nausea is always on stand by. The first night, after 3 hrs, she finally got tried of it. With all of those medical issues, she had a blast and loves it. NOW a gentlemen stop by, with less medical issues. Seriously, after no more then 10 seconds, this gentlemen yank the head set off and said "NO-WAY." 10 minutes later, the same gentlemen was still shaking in our living room LMAO. Everyone is different and will react differently to your actions. My opinion, If you have the money and have Issue that leaves you stranded at home.. most of the time, I highly recommended it. It's going to be the new way of life. It does have joy sticks BUT once you get them set up, you can just use your hands as the joy stick instead. Way too cool. It's a different experience that's hard to explain. If you know someone or electronic store that has some sort of VR head sets, give it a try and experience the world of VR your self. Welcome to the futureeeeeeeeeeeee.

Tony

Staff member
awesome update Ivan! I'm really wanting one of these but having a hard time justifying the cost. For your situation, I can 100% understand the justification.

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I haven't had the chance to really check out the selection of apps they have. I've tried a roller coaster ride and a fixed wing fly suit flight which was intense. Start off in a helicopter somewhere on the other side of the world. Then jump out off the heli to a straight dive down toward the mountains and trees as your looking around the area. At the last moment, pull out of the dive and start flying barely over the trees and mountain tops at a high rate of speed. It's like your there doing it. The flight is about 2 minutes long flight when the chute is applied and you land in open grassy area. While ride, that's for sure. Yeah the cost is hard to swallow but anything to keep the wife happy. :).

RandyDSok

Looks like Oklahoma is in for all sorts of weather starting today....

The color table bars on the far left represent rain on the top, then sleet/mixed precip just below that, ice is next and snow is the bottom colortable. The lines with 4 tick marks, are the directions the cells are going in according to the radar, ignore the upside down triangles, they are false TVS signatures due to problems with the radar returns. The numbers across the state ( in various colors ) are the temps in F.

2020-10-26_0830.jpg

Top Bottom