What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Not to mention we were just put into an Ice Storm Warning.... Should have cleaned out the fuel tank on my Genny this weekend...

Tony

Staff member
Well, tonight, I spent a LOT of money on some items. One you may see me use, the other, maybe not unless you are on my twitch channel (Twitch). Both are purchases that I have wanted/needed to make for years!

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Well Tony, are you going to tell us what you purchases or do we have to guess? :bitchslap: I'm guessing one of the item is a sim racing stand :scratchchin:

Tony

Staff member
WTF!!! You can no longer purchase GRLevel2.... I see that GRLevel3 is now cheaper though, and the item they are telling you to check out on the GRLevel2 page (GR2Analyst V2) is $250!!!

Tony

Staff member
Power went out due to the ice storm. And guess what.... My Genny will not start.... this day is going down hill...

RandyDSok

WTF!!! You can no longer purchase GRLevel2.... I see that GRLevel3 is now cheaper though, and the item they are telling you to check out on the GRLevel2 page (GR2Analyst V2) is $250!!!

Nothing has changed in price or availability since I purchased GrL3 v2 back in 2015 ... it's always been about $80 ... GrL2 was already discontinued when I first purchased the L3 version... and Gr2A v2 was always pricey since it was released and replaced the GrL2.

RandyDSok

Hm, I think I was confusing L2 and L3... again.... So L3 is what you are using, right?

Goldfish... to quote myself "I purchased GrL3 v2 back in 2015" .... lol

Randy, how are you weathering the storm? @callsign4223 how about you?

Currently power is out at my house... probably went down around noon as a guess ( since I was at my work office at the time it went down ). I went out to grab something to eat at 5:45p and it was still out at that time... I'm eating supper at work since I wanted to also charge my phone back up while I had a chance. OG&E has no estimate when the power will be restored at this time, in fact, their service outage page is even down.

RandyDSok

Another sucky thing, my crappy tablet doesn't fast charge and is down to 32%. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to charge it at work.

Tony

Staff member
I ended up getting a new 2-1 laptop today to replace my 2011 laptop that, lets just say, has seen better days. It has been an absolutely awesome laptop, but it was definitely time.

I'm still testing this one, and it is going to take some getting used to. Right now I'm testing the battery life to see how long it lasts at standard brightness and such. Once I finish that one, I will test it at the battery saver settings. I'm wondering how long of a battery life I can get out of this thing.

Fly-n-Low

Used to live in Tulsa. In Louisiana now. At least we missed this hurricane! For the most part anyway!

Have a friend from New Mexico. He got 11" of snow!!!

Last edited:

Fly-n-Low

Not sure if my tablet will fast charge or not? It just charges? Last laptop I had was a Sony Vaio. What a buggie POS. Right at the end of its warranty, it locked up. No matter what I did, it would not reboot and got really hot. Even bashing it on the drive way didn't fix it.......:cussing:

Fly-n-Low

Nothing has changed in price or availability since I purchased GrL3 v2 back in 2015 ... it's always been about $80 ... GrL2 was already discontinued when I first purchased the L3 version... and Gr2A v2 was always pricey since it was released and replaced the GrL2.
So.. I swear, I google more stuff here than I do on any other site... LOL GRL what? LOL! So is this aviation grade? I didn't see if it was, so no? So how much better is this than the weather channel app? I have several TV stations around me with their own app too. I used to use Intellicast which was awesome. I could be going across a field (used to farm about 1,400 acres) and see an isolated storm that looked like it was headed my way, pull it up on my phone, and I could watch it in real time as it came to me. They are gone now and Accuweather, in their place sucks IMO. If the weather is really bad, Jackson, MS weather people are really on top of their game. You have bad weather, they are on it no matter what time!

Y'all ever get power? Long as I have a 12v battery, I can charge my tablet, and phones. I even have an inverter that will run the fish tank. I have a 100hp diesel power plant I salvaged. Planning on getting a gen for it to run the whole house. One thing about a gen, the smaller ones especially, it has to put out clean power for a desktop, right? Or will the power supply "clean" it up?

Tony

Staff member
I only lost power for about an hour or so where I am. However, I would really like this rain to stop so that I can get on my tractor and start cleaning up the yard of all of the broken tree limbs. Definitely going to be a lot of burning here real soon...

RandyDSok

Paul...

The website you were looking for is www.grlevel.com they have 2 radar products for Windows systems.... One is a level 3 radar program that is for lower res basic radar, the other is level 2 high res with some other advanced radar products. They are single site radar which is more detailed than a composite national radar program. They also have a weather model program that includes a national radar map, satellite views às well as weather forecast models called GrEarth but it requires a subscription to access the data.

Top Bottom