What Did You Do Today???

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Mostly I try not to get involved in anyone business because there's always two side of a story BUT this time I had to say something because a infant was involve. You here me say."Floridaaaa" quite a few times especially the area where I live. This time I had to call the cops on this young girl that is 16 teen now, I think. She was 14 when she first got pregnant and now I think she's 16 teen and her kid is about 13/15 month old, I'm guessing. I live in a area where individuals ride their dirt bikes and ATVs down the dirt road or woods. Today as I was working on my 500 and my TX in a room that the wife calls," Control central" because that's where I work on my helis, quads, electronics and it's also where I have my computer, 42" TV with my game system and my monitors for my surveillance cameras. Mans cave...as I call it. While I was waiting for the soldering iron to get hot, I notice this girl, the young teen, cruising down the dirt road headed to my house about 30 mph. As she was getting closer, I notice she had no helmet, shorts, tank tank top, barefooted and was carrying something in her left hand like a football. Well it turned out to be her 13/15 month old child. I freaken could not believe it. I wouldn't care if it was just her. I mean if she's that stupid to ride with no helmet, shoes and end up hurting her self, I would just laugh at her for being a dumb ass but I was mostly worry about the kid safety. When the cops arrived, I told them what I seen and that I had it on my surveillance camera if they would like to see it. They laugh and said nah. We believe you. They had a few run in with those dumb asses down the road from me for a heroin overdose a couple of weeks ago. Like I told the officer, Damn if I do or Damn If I don't. I'm the bad guy for calling the cops on her or I'm the bad guy if I didn't call and something happen to that kid and had the chance to prevent a child death. So I choose to be the bad guy who call the cops. Was I right or was I wrong? Just one of the reason why I say,"Welcome to Floridaaaa!". The new generation of young adults seem to have no common sense anymore which is sad. Just my opinion.

grumpy1

You right on no common sense...not to mention what happened to A moral compass an just forget about folks having character anymore...for instance when I was young in the mid 50's if I acted up in a check out line ...it didn't take but once or twice for me to learn that wasn't the right thing to do...a good swat to the butt from my mom rest her soul taught me not to do that ....now days they want to put some one jail for that.....like Charlie Daniels says "not livin by the law of the land ...livin by the law of the jungle" . anyway on another note is it just me or dose this happen to you guys I can go about 2 days max working on fab table an I swear it looks like a hand grenade went off on my table .....

Tony

Staff member
Jumped on YouTube to check out the channel this morning and realized we have passed the 4 Million Total Views mark. That is a TON of views and is absolutely awesome! Can't thank you all enough for all of the support you give the channel. New videos will be coming soon. In fact, I just ordered a new piece of equipment last night for upcoming videos. Hopefully it is as good as everyone is saying it is. I guess we will find out.

murankar

Staff member
Found a new YouTube channel. His name is bill Ann. He has a lot of videos from over the last couple years.

Anyhow he has a video of Dunkan Bosion flying at ohb. Jaw dropping fight with a bit of crash carnage. This kid dug up a huge divit of earth with the mains and still flew it. Just some amazing talent and skill.

murankar

Staff member
A few weeks ago I got a free cricut personal cutter. Yep a vinyl or what ever cutter. I am short a number of pieces as of right now. I do plan on cutting heat transfer material and vinyl here shortly.

Tony

Staff member
I have a plotter. I never use it. It is currently a stand for a new project truck that is in the works...

Tony

Staff member
I just use an Xacto lol. Never even purchased a dental pick to make life easier. Speaking of Xacto, I need to order new blades. And cutting mat? I figured it would have a stationary base that is not removable.

murankar

Staff member
I think that's how it is. Unless its the cutter on the x and the mat on the y. Anyhow the cutter moves left to right while the mat moves in and out of the cutter.

Tony

Staff member
Ah, okay. So instead of the roller on the Y axis like my plotter, yours just has a base that moves? And yes, Y is fore and aft and X is right left. I had to look that up because I'm not that smart :biggrin1:

Tony

Staff member
Why does UPS have to troll me.... Ordered something new for the site and they said it would be here before 1445. It is now 1500. ugh...

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
It's the holiday mad rush. My order has been sitting in Peach GA since 12/19 and still sitting.

murankar

Staff member
Over in the X3 Wiring thread we got a tad off topic, sorry about that. Anyhow @Tony mentioned that I had a motor come loose. Those videos from my first real days in the hobby where shot in South Korea. You can find those videos over on youtube of course but the channel is murankar. I some how ended up with 2 channels. I use matthias urankar the exclusively, but I do have the other channel too.

My very first heli videos were very painful to watch. You can see just how difficult it was for me to get flying.
here is the link I think

murankar

Tony

Staff member
Yea boi! My 4mm wide LED's finally came in and I was able to install them into the old LCD monitor that used to have CCFL's in it. The driver died so instead of getting a new driver board and using a crap ton of power, I decided to replace the 4 CCFL's with two strips of LED's. I was worried they would not be as bright as the CCFL's but it turns out they are not that bad.

I did have a little issue though, I needed to run the LED's to a power source but I wanted to keep it so that I could still take the front panel off because you know I'm going to be playing with this some more. So I cut the plugs off of the CCFL's and soldered them up. I then put the largest knife edged tip on my soldering iron and wiped the entire driver board (for the CCFL's) clean leaving only blank solder pads. From there, I wired the input plug that gave power to the board to the plugs where I wanted to plug in the LED's.

The issue I have now is that the LED's stay on constantly since the board was always powered (the CCFL driver board) and that is where I have pulled power from. So the LED's stay on even when the LCD is turned off. There is a single yellow wire though in the power supply going to the driver board and that was used to send a signal to the board to turn on. I have yet to check what kind of voltage it sends, if it is constant or just a source for a period of time. Either way, I think I know how to do this, but correct me if I'm wrong.

All I would need is a simple mosfet that can handle 12v at about 1a for the power to the LED's, and then use the yellow source wire to turn the mosfet on or off. The thing is, I don't know if the yellow wire will send a drain signal to deplete the capacitor in the mosfet to turn it off after turning it on. I would think so, but not sure. But my question is, what would be the best mosfet to use with this circuit? I will have to wire it in manually since this board is not meant to work with a 3 prong mosfet. Wire and heat shrink FTW lol.

RandyDSok

The excitement for my day.... getting to build in a new ( for me ) lower end mid-tower computer case that is really pretty decent, has pretty nice cable management features, looks decent enough ( although I'm not a fan of side windows but still ) and still provides room for a single optical drive ( CD, DVD or BR ) if one is needed ( if one isn't needed there are better options ).

The case is a Cooler Master MasterBox MB600L which supports Mini-ITX, Micro ATX and ATX motherboards. You can add 3 additional 120mm front fans or up to a 360mm radiator for water cooling but the front isn't made for great air flow. It'll certainly handle any general computing needs but if you want to get extreme look for a case with more ventilation. Internal drive support is for 1 2.5" and 2 3.5" drive bays ( the 3.5" also supports 2.5" as well ). There looks to be places for additional 2.5" drive trays but I didn't look for availability of those options.

The addition of a well ventilated power supply shield really helps keep the cable management tidy. Behind the motherboard tray is roomy, again helping with the cable management. An experienced builder should be able to deck out the system in under an hour easily and cable manage it nicely within an hour and a half. The metal wasn't too thick so it remains light, but still manages to be solid even with the sides off.

I've tried Cooler Master cases before in the past and was left unimpressed... in fact after that I avoided them. After looking the newer lines over, I think they may have some really nice options available now that still don't break the bank. Of course they do have some pricey options if bling is your thing.

Top Bottom