What Did You Do Today???

Tony

Staff member
Hey Tony, what's this about a felony if you fly?? Did I miss something?..
The FAA Asshats said:
Failure to register a UAS in accordance with these rules may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $32,666. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

Not sure it is a felony, but with those fines....

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I'm not sure either about a felony but it's big brother and pretty much you play by his rules. They can take your craft away and give you a ticket to appear in court. Then it's up to the judge to decide the fine if any. I talked to a few of my officer friends and they said," Your kidding me...right Lol" we have better things to do beside chasing drones around to see if their legal or not. NOW if your in like a state park and a park ranger comes up to you ans ask for your credentials...by golly you better have it. For the $5.00, it's not worse the headach NOT to register your crafts. It's cheaper in the long run.

murankar

Staff member
Covid-19 shelter in place project. The server is mounted in the table. I have a triplite mounted in the back for power . Dinner time.

PSX_20200321_193151.jpg

Tony

Staff member
Well, the good news keeps coming in. I went out to fire up the tractor to make sure it didn't need anything for the season (other than the $200 service that I will need to do on it this season....) and I found an issue.

About 4 years ago, I got a piece of metal in the right front tire. It was just a thick wire, and the leak was slow. Sometimes it would go months before I had to air it up, sometimes a day. Just depended on how the tires feelings felt that day.....

Well, I knew the tire was flat (have not even started that tractor since about Oct of last year) so I went to the garage and turned the air compressor on and had already fired up the tractor and had it idling. And yes, I was very surprised that it cranked right up after all of this sitting!

The air compressor fills up and I grab my chuck and start putting air in the tire. I hear a leak.... I start to turn the tire (I used the bucket to raise the front end just in case it pulled the tire off the bead driving it over there) and air hits my hand.

I had a split in the sidewall of the tire.... No repairing that... So it's time to purchase some new tires which I did not plan to do for quite a while.

A genuine set of John Deere wheels and tires are about $300 just for the front. F-That!!!

Found some tires on Walmart sold by a third party for $136. And that is for a pair of tires. So I had the wife pull the trigger on that one and we should have them in a week. Now I just need to prepare myself for swapping the tires out lol.

The plan at this time is to replace both front tires, and keep the left front as a spare in case this crap happens again. Hope to never have this issue, but you know it will happen sooner or later. Not to mention I still need to spend that $200 on the 3 quarts of oil for the Yanmar Diesel engine, 4 gallons of hydraulic fluid for the transmission and different hydraulics like the 3 point and front bucket (hydrostatic transmission). Along with that oil, it also comes with the primary and secondary air filters, primary and secondary fuel filters, hydraulic filter and oil filter. Just that is $200.... Price you have to pay to make your life easier...

murankar

Staff member
Thank you Ivan.

I needed something to do. so I took scap wood from work and made a 2 foot by 4 foot table for my server lab. I needed more room from what I am doing. The little table wasnt cutting it.. I did give it a shot and it wasnt good enough.

The wood is some really low end pine used for building custom skids for our bigger tables, fixtures and plates. So the crating guy leaves wood stacked on the wall if it's to messed up to use. Things like rough corners, warps and twists. Mostly its cutoffs that cant be used on another skid. So I took the liberty of going through the stash and cut everything I needed for the project. The only thing I bought for it was the maple top and fasteners. Did it on the cheap. The stain and gloss poly inhad from another project. After sitting at it for an hour I decided I made the top lift. Later I'll get a piano hinge and hydrolic lifts and some kind of closure mechanism.

Since I Already have the fasteners in top I'll just leave them. I'll trim them flush and ca them in place. That way it looks screwed down. Then I can store stuff in side. Cables, books magazines what ever needs storing in a secret spot.

Last edited:

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
I seen your tractor on couple of your flight video Tony. That is a nice John Deere you have. That's awesome you got 2 front tires for half the price of one. $200.00 for plan basic maintenance is not bad. You stay on it and that tractor should last you forever. On a different note, What you did today...well our new rescuse dog, 1/2 long hair chihuahua 1/2 yorkie terrier hurt a baby bunny real bad this evening. I found the bunny in the rescue dog mouth and had her drop it. All bloody up, I thought the bunny wasn't alive. I went in the house and got the wife. I seen her bring back a chicken, baby birds, our ferret, 3 times and almost a goat back to life. If anyone can do it, she can. She has that nature in her. All mother's do. Long story short, 3 hrs later and the bunny is opening it's eyes, eating honey bread and showing improvement. The bunny lost alot of blood but if it makes it through the night, I have to give it up to my wife, The animal whisper Lol. When the bunny make it...we will call it Lucky :).

Rob Lancaster

Ok don't laugh,, what is a UAS? Are you talking about a drone?

The first word that comes to mind when I see your server table; SOLID!! Is it open on the bottom?

I wish I knew what your tractor looked like...………..

Hey D.O.G.,,, see the hound in the picture to the left...
That was good ole Spike.. Known as a fowl and kitty killer...…….. He also shredded many smaller male dogs for some reason... LOL!! Many years ago I let him out of the car at one of my party spots.. With NO delay he charged into the bushes.. 30 seconds later he returned with something in his mouth. It's dark out so I couldn't see what he had until my friend said, "oh man he's got a cat Rob"... An 8 month old cat.. Well it was a bad night for Tooncess..... I had to have a little talk with Spike after that.. I told him, it's not like I don't feed you, HA! I mean bad dog, he he hee.....

Rob Lancaster

Hey have you heard?
Somebody hijacked a tractor trailer with 18,000 pounds of toilet paper, man things are get'n tough; LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

murankar

Staff member
Yes the table currently has an open bottom. That will change over the next few months.

I cut the legs to 28 inches, and my over all size I'd 2 foot by 4 foot. I just got the equipment on top of the table today. I still have cable management to get done. One issue is that the server is deeper than 24 inches, it's more like 29 inches. So it sticks out if the back.

PSX_20200322_093813.jpg

D.O.G.

Goblin 380 Supporter
Pretty neat URI. It's coming alone nicely. Beside cable management you should also consider cleaning room management LMAO :).

murankar

Staff member
Right behind this set up is our garden center. So it a naturally dirty are from all the dirt. We are starting out seeds and such right now.

Tony

Staff member
I wish I knew what your tractor looked like...………..
It's just a little 1025R John Deere with a 23.9hp Yanmar 3cyl diesel engine and an 18hp PTO. It is not a big tractor by any means, but for what I need it for (mowing, turning compost, tilling, row hipping...) it does fantastic.

Here is a little video from right after when I hurt my back. First Till of the 2018 season. I have yet to break any ground for this season (2020) lol. Just too wet, and I wanted to get the the 200 hour service done on it even though I only have 166 hours on the clock.

Rob Lancaster

Say,,,, that's a nice tractor Tony.. You have a nice BIG piece of property that I'd kill for...…. The videos were cool and I got a peek at your chicken coop; them chickens got it made... I bet I could put up some killer fireworks there; party hardy!! LOL!...…… I'll even bet you could have fun with fire arms too, yes!!…..

When I was doing some gardening a few years ago my garden was only a bit bigger than your tractor, LOL!!! And still without power tools for help I busted my okole. The first two years I did good but after that all my pumpkins were destroyed by cut worms... I never could figure out why I couldn't control them. Also here on the windward side of the island we have a lot of humidity. This causes massive out brakes of White Powdery Mildew... I was successful in controlling it with a copper fungicide though.. But the cut worms beat me, my back beat me and I gave up... I wish I could figure out what went wrong, I might try again...

Hawaii is a very agricultural state. We do beef, dairy, fish, fruit, vegies and more. And in the old days, Cpt. Cook, HA! I talk to farmers when I can and I have a little experience in growing stuff. So when that jackA Bloomberg made that idiotic comment, "all you need to do is drop a seed in the ground and water it"... What a moron!!

Oh I almost forgot, I didn't know I had to register my heli's.. How? Where??

Tony, what's a 3 stroke engine?? The mechanic in me is scratch'n my head... Teach me more...…..

And murankar, the reason I asked about the bottom of the table being open was because I was wondering if the server gets hot and needs forced air cooling?...
And what is a URI? I need to learn these abbreviations…
Continue to be safe, we're up to about 40 cases of the virus here so far...
Thanks guys...….

murankar

Staff member
URI was my nickname when I was long hauling in Iraq for the army. It stuck all these years. It came to be because of the game Command and Conquer. It's my favorite game franchise.

As for the the server, most rack mount servers rely on the front and back of the server to be open. The air flow is from front to back. If you run most rack mount servers with their lids off they will burn out. So its imparritive to keep the front and back open. The server is 29 inches deep, the table is 24 inches deep, so the backend sticks out and has unrestricted exhaust flow. Now there are inlets in the lid near the front. The ply wood in that spot is warped but is not noticeable. So it can draw air into those inlets. If I need to I can cut the wood down another eighth inch or so to drop the server down if needed.

My server is not under heavy load either. If I was to bring up my idrac I could show you how little heat i make. I have 6 vms running all the time. They are at idle mostly so the server isn't really working yet. It will be shortly once I get everything locked down and start learning the network side and security stuff. Kali linux will be my intrusion / hacker test box.

Rob Lancaster

Ok gotcha... That's what I thought, there has to be some ventilation..
And thanks again for your service URI!!
I'll need to stay tuned to this site so I can slowly take my time and learn more about these incredibly complex computers.. My older brother said years ago, "learn it because it's not going away any time soon"... He's an electrical engineer and gave us a tour of the fabrication lab where he worked... We put on the gowns, gloves, masks and booties. Then you go into a chamber box with a lot of air jets and they give you a blow job. Also all static charges are carefully controlled while in the lab.. The lighting was a kind of yellow. We were told that prevents premature exposure to the wafers because there's no UV in it.. They use UV light to develop the printed circuit art work that is imprinted on the wafer.. We went from the 2 & 1/2 foot long 4 inch diameter hunk of sand that was baked in an oven at around 1200 degrees. Then it gets sliced into thin wafers. Then insolated and uninsulated substrates are added. Then it gets printed and then exposed to UV in a special machine. Now you have a microscopic layering of conductors and nonconductors or switches. The tube just went microscopic... Next they use a precision diamond saw to cut the wafer into hundreds or even thousands of chips.. Of course all the individual chips were tested before cutting with a nice oscilloscope.. Oh it's just sick not to have what they have... He, he hee.....

Top Bottom